Dry setting?

macherieamour

Has anyone had any success dry-setting their hair? Im looking to take a break from wrapping and have really soft sexy waves in the morning. I would like to avoid using hot rollers. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions with sleeping in rollers or setting in the morning? Thanks :D

BrEE

try using caruso rollers (it uses steam to set the hair, so it isnt damaging) and put it in the mohawk position. me and datjerseydyme have pics up of it.

dhill830

I dry mine every night, after I have put my oils in mtg etc. I use the Hype hair satin rollers roll my hair up and put a satin cap over it. The next morning I take the rollers out and finger comb my hair. No I don't get really curly hair ( like if I had roller set it) but I get enough body and swing that last me through out the day. I love doing my hair this way.:grin:

blackbarbie

macherieamour, I am glad you posed that question b/c I was wondering the same thing. I usually roller set my hair and even the very next day after I have wrapped it, I will still have curls. Each night after, I just wrap and go with the straight look. I would sometimes like to have "waves" and not "curls" so what I did tonight was a little experiment to see if I would have waves in the morning. After I added all my oils, etc. and moisturized my ends, etc. I parted my hair in two sections from ear to ear. I took the top portion, made sure the ends were moisturized with jojoba oil, spritzed my dry hair with just a little of Surge and twisted it to do a pin curl. I didn't saturate it, just spritzed it just enough to try to give it a little moisture. I did the same for the bottom portion. Then I put my satin bonnet on. I am hoping that when I wake up in the morning, I will have flowing waves as opposed to curls (not that the curls are bad). Will let you know how it works.

macherieamour

Awesome! Thanks guys! Im gonna try the Caruso rollers, Hype hair satin rollers and pin curls. Where can I find the hype hair rollers tho? I googled them but couldnt find them. Thanks!

Allandra

macherieamour said:
Awesome! Thanks guys! Im gonna try the Caruso rollers, Hype hair satin rollers and pin curls. Where can I find the hype hair rollers tho? I googled them but couldnt find them. Thanks!
I've seen the hype hair rollers in Walmart stores.

blackbarbie

Macherieamour, my hair came just as I expected. You could still see the length and I had soft waves. I was worried that I might have a head full of curls and that wasn't the desired result. (if you want a head full of curls, you can use those flexi-rods; but your hair is so long that it may be difficult to get is all wrapped around one. Even putting those in before you get in the shower in the morning and letting the steam set them would be good) I think if I would have done the hair in more than 2 sections I would have had too many curls as opposed to waves. It almost looks like a braid out, but just waves and I still have som ecurl at the end and some body....

hot_pepper96

I use a tiny bit of mango butter on the end of each section before I dry roller set. It works for me. I get bouncy curls and body.

trinidarkie1

Hey ladies,
My hairdresser tried to show me how to pincurl my hair, but I think it's too short and thin *frown*
How much do those other curlers cost at walmart? I just dont like the normal rollers unless I use a hairclip because I hate the cap line that it leaves.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Pin-curls are the best, they give you the curls w/o having to wet the hair in order for the curls to set. I tried the Mohawk b4 too and that gave my just past shoulder length hair a bump, I like it because wrapping the hair always makes my hair straight on the ends, the mohawk gave it a light curl as if I used the flat irons. Since you have way more length than I you will probably get some soft waves. Keep us posted on your results

tthreat08

I do pin curls when i dry set. I use a bit of mango butter on the ends and go for it. The curls come out nice and springy.

Southernbella.

I use the orange rod-type rollers in a mohawk set at night. The result is the second picture in my siggy. I do this pretty much every night unless I'm being lazy.

Isis

I love using the Caruso rollers, it's so quick and so good for our hair.

I love dry braidouts also, mainly because it doesn't shrink as much, IMO.