Dry tight scalp! Help!

luvmesumhair

I received a touch up this past Saturday and not I am experiencing dry scalp. Also I noticed that my hair was shedding last night. Well the night of my TU, I oiled my scalp with some oil and had to do it again last night. I also moisturized my hair as well but today it still feels dry.

My question to you is what should I do when I wash my hair on Friday? Should I deep condition with a moisturizing con or a protein con then follow up with a rinse? Also, which one do you think my scalp would benefit from, my steamer or dryer?

I am not sure being that I just had my TU if I should do the protein or moisturizing one. Oh and I was going to use my Aphogee 2 min for my protein.

TIA!

LiLi

I use Kerastase Age Recharge Mask for tight scalp. It works extremely well. My scalp does not take well with oils on it so I don't have a suggestion for that.

You could spray some distilled water on it and massage it.

Also, try chelating and then conditioning again. If you used a no-lye relaxer, you will need to use a conditioner specifically for moisture. If you used a lye relaxer, you should use something with a balance of protein and moisture. I really adore the Redken Real Control line. However, as you know, what works for some may not work for others.

Oh yeah, as far as your shedding goes. Get a shampoo like Queen Helene's Garlic shampoo. It will stop the shedding dead in it's tracks.

Christelyn

Kiel's has a good scalp oil--it doesn't weigh down and works well for a massage to help loosen tight skin. Also try Neem oil; you can get this from the health food store. There's an ingredient in it that works as an anti-inflammatory. Works for me, and I have itchy scalp all the time.

luvmesumhair

I use Kerastase Age Recharge Mask for tight scalp. It works extremely well. My scalp does not take well with oils on it so I don't have a suggestion for that.

You could spray some distilled water on it and massage it.

Also, try chelating and then conditioning again. If you used a no-lye relaxer, you will need to use a conditioner specifically for moisture. If you used a lye relaxer, you should use something with a balance of protein and moisture. I really adore the Redken Real Control line. However, as you know, what works for some may not work for others.

Oh yeah, as far as your shedding goes. Get a shampoo like Queen Helene's Garlic shampoo. It will stop the shedding dead in it's tracks.

Kiel's has a good scalp oil--it doesn't weigh down and works well for a massage to help loosen tight skin. Also try Neem oil; you can get this from the health food store. There's an ingredient in it that works as an anti-inflammatory. Works for me, and I have itchy scalp all the time.
Thanks Lili and Christelyn for your suggestions. I will take both of your advices.

Nonie

I think you should also massage your scalp. Any time your scalp feels tight, take that as a warning. Bald people's scalps are tight and immobile, so massaging your scalp to keep it supple and flexible can help prevent hair loss. The fact that you're shedding more is also another sign that the feeling you have isn't good. So take oils like flaxseed, fish oils...and start to massage your scalp, kneading deep and firmly move your scalp. I'll try to find the thread on how to massage your scalp. You can do it while applying oils. Massage also increases circulation to your scalp so your follicles get the nourishment they need.

luvmesumhair

I think you should also massage your scalp. Any time your scalp feels tight, take that as a warning. Bald people's scalps are tight and immobile, so massaging your scalp to keep it supple and flexible can help prevent hair loss. The fact that you're shedding more is also another sign that the feeling you have isn't good. So take oils like flaxseed, fish oils...and start to massage your scalp, kneading deep and firmly move your scalp. I'll try to find the thread on how to massage your scalp. You can do it while applying oils. Massage also increases circulation to your scalp so your follicles get the nourishment they need.
Thanks Nonie. I actually did that two nights ago. It actually feels better!

clever

Well if all else fails,be sure to rinse out all of the conditioner when your done and use an applicator bottle with water if necessary.I find that extra product on the scalp can make it tight.

hothair

I think you should neutralise first and then use the Aphoghee 2 minute. You may still have chemical residue...

Anna9764

I heard that flaxseed oil supplements work well for dry scalp and skin, i'm taking them also, but I keep my hair oiled at all times so kinda of hard to tell. Flaxseed has so many positive benefits there so many healthy reasons to had it to your vitamin regimen. Good luck...Anna