Dudley Q*s True Indulgence Relaxer--Anyone have experience with this relaxer system?

Crystalicequeen123

My stylist told me the other day that she's thinking of switching me from the Design Essentials Regular strength relaxer to the Dudley's "True Indulgence" relaxer. Now in my opinion, the DE seems to be working fine for my hair (I have fine hair), but my stylist says that she doesn't like the DE for my hair because it breaks down too slowly and that she ends up having to leave the relaxer on my hair for a little longer. But she said that the dudley's indulgence relaxer breaks down quicker and so she wouldn't have to leave the relaxer in my hair for long at all.

So, I want to know...what do you ladies think about the Dudley's True Indulgence relaxer? I've never heard of it before. :confused: I trust my stylist and her judgement since so far she has been right on the money and cares about the health of my hair. BUT...on the other hand I hate switching relaxers so often especially when the DE relaxer has been doing fine for me.

Any advice?? :(

OneInAMillion

Re: Dudley Q*s True Indulgence Relaxer--Anyone have experience with this relaxer syst

I haven't used the True Indulgence line of Dudley Relaxers, but I've used Dudley's Mild consistently in the past. My hairdresser has commented that it does break down VERY quickly, and so he has been using Nairobi on my hair. I'm assuming the True Indulgence is similar. I have fine hair also, so I know that only really good stylists can apply Dudley (or will use it) if your hair breaks down quickly.

Is True Indulgence a lye relaxer as well?

Crystalicequeen123

Re: Dudley Q*s True Indulgence Relaxer--Anyone have experience with this relaxer syst

Thanks for your input.

YEs, according to my stylist, the dudley's true indulgence is a Lye relaxer. Trust me, I asked! :lachen: I've had bad experiences with no-lye relaxers in the past. :ohwell:

But I'm still kind of worried. I don't think I want a relaxer that breaks down FASTER. Especially if I already have fine hair to begin with. Plus, the Design ESsentials hasn't really been giving me any trouble, so I don't really see the need to switch.

Are there any ladies on this board who have tried both the Design Essentials regular and the Dudley's True Indulgence? Anyone hear anything good/bad about this relaxer??

I'll be getting a touch up in the next week or so, and I'm scared... :look:

OneInAMillion

Crystalicequeen123 said:
Thanks for your input.

YEs, according to my stylist, the dudley's true indulgence is a Lye relaxer. Trust me, I asked! :lachen: I've had bad experiences with no-lye relaxers in the past. :ohwell:

But I'm still kind of worried. I don't think I want a relaxer that breaks down FASTER. Especially if I already have fine hair to begin with. Plus, the Design ESsentials hasn't really been giving me any trouble, so I don't really see the need to switch.

Are there any ladies on this board who have tried both the Design Essentials regular and the Dudley's True Indulgence? Anyone hear anything good/bad about this relaxer??

I'll be getting a touch up in the next week or so, and I'm scared... :look:

bumping for more responses...

all I have to say is that if Design Essentials is working for you, stay with it. Just tell your hairdresser you'd prefer to continue using what you know. No need to be scared, you know?