DUMB S-CURL QUESTION

calliope

This has probably been answered already, but is s-curl safe for relaxed hair? I always thought that it was jheri juice so I was always afraid to try it, but I did and now I'm in LOVE!!!!! This will always be a staple product for me at 6 weeks post and beyond. But, anyway, does it have any of the ingredients that a jheri curl does? I mean, you know how you should not go from one process to another like curls to relaxer and vice versa. Does it have any of the stuff in it that a jheri curl process would have or is it just a moisterizer? The bottle says for curls, waves, and natural hair, so I'm a little concerned that it doesn't say anything about relaxed. Can an experienced user help me out here? I think that this stuff is so good that if it's bad for relaxed, I'll just finally go natural :) .

Lady_Lioness

This isn't a dumb question...The s-curl moisturizer is just a moisturizer...it has no chemicals in it that can cause any problems to your hair...I used it b4 in the past and my hair hates it...It left my hair feeling dry...but to each it's own...so now i'm using wave nouveau for moisture instead...it is safe for relaxed heads to use s-curl moisturizers or any kind of moisturizer...no harm would be done to your hair...Just added moisture which your hair would love. HTHs

Sweet_Ambrosia

Yep its just a moisturizer, the first two ingredients are water and glycerin so its nothing that will harm your hair. Its one of my staple products, my hair loves it too. :)

Iluvsmuhgrass

Yes! S-curl is graaaand! I've been using it for the last week on my ends before bunning AND it's been a savior to my kitchen! That's the dryest portion of my hair and with just two very light mistings each day I've seen a HUGE difference (moisture retension, less breakage). It's thoroughly moisturized and not greasy. I've heard it's great for new growth. I will definitely be stretching (hopefully until February/March).

Mestiza

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
Yep its just a moisturizer, the first two ingredients are water and glycerin so its nothing that will harm your hair. Its one of my staple products, my hair loves it too. :)

Ditto, to all of that! My hair loves it, too! :love:

baglady215

Ditto! I tried StaSoFro because it was cheaper, but I'm going back to S-Curl. Gonna pick some up at Walmart tomorrow. I'm going to TRY to stretch my relaxer and this will definitely come in handy.

Angelicus

For some reason, I can't use this when I am in a bun, but my braids just LOVE S-CURL! Everybody in Japan made fun of me when I had my Jherri Curl juice but they had no idea that it's packed with moisture! :lol:

Country gal

Personally S-Curl Activator made my relaxed hair very weak. The S-curl wave pomade works well on my natural hair.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I love S curl for my relaxed and my natural hair. For my relaxed hair, it makes me be able to catch my thin edges when making my lil bun. For my natural hair, it helped bring out a sheen in my natural hair. No other product even came close to doing that for me.:D

Candy_C

Country gal said:
Personally S-Curl Activator made my relaxed hair very weak. The S-curl wave pomade works well on my natural hair.

i co sign. i used it yes2day and my hair was snapping like god knows what. i will stick to my creamy moisturizors from now on! my scurl is in the bin

Chinagem

I used to use s curl but it made my scalp so itchy and made my hair so greasy. now i use sta sof fro because it's what my mother uses and i love it way more. it's much lighter but still very moisturizing.