DYI Layers

sareca

HERicane10 said:
That's absolutely what I saw, girl!;) I can't wait to hit APL. Just 2 more inches..........tips off to CW & DC like a mad woman!:D

Well here's an early congrats! :dance7:

CWs and DCs are the truth!

sareca

HERicane10 said:
Sareca! You know you got much love! Me and you gone stick wit it to get to APL quick, fast, & a hurry!:lachen:

We can do it.

pazyamor

Well, growing hair, I ain't all that good at-cutting it (and razoring it) I can do. I've done all my haircuts: layers, bangs, asymetrical, etc. And the razoring was the hardest to learn! I messed up twice actually using a razor on my hair. But I have it all down now. It's pretty hard to get to those back ends, mostly because they're in the back and because we tend to pull our hair in the back to see it better, and that tension causes the razor to work a little too well. Just a warning to all those getting into the DIY cutting.

nakialovesshoes

keluric

I cut my own layers.

And yes, razor-cutting is only for thick or heavy hair... it adds movement. Black women generally do not need razor cuts.

IntoMyhair

ITA. When I first joined LHCF I didn't like v-shaped hair. Now I'm wondering what in the world I was thinking.

It looked to me like she parted the hair down the middle, combed it to the sides, then only combed the top/crown part forward (to the front). So the nape area should be on the sides of your head (near your ears/temples).

Anybody else see that?

I saw it sareca.
I'm assuming she did it that way because the most length is in the back.
Tilting the head forward and down would make the sides and back the same length. Than she cut across to make the sides and back seem the same length. But when the girl held her head up you could see they where not the same length. The hair looked like a upside down u shape.

I may try this on my hair. The link you posted is what i used to cut my own u shape.

tenjoy

I have cut my own layers while retaining length

finger part a medium sized square on the top of your head. Hold your hair straight up and twist it and cut across about an inch. thats it! I do it after a rollerset.