Dyson Air Wrap

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I’m all for quality hair tools, but these price points are wild to me. Not to be in folks’ pockets (and you know with a preface like that I’m actually bout to do the opposite and dive right into people’s pockets :lol:) but car note money for a hair tool?

And I haven’t seen one video with results worthy of the price and outside of what a $200 or even a $50 blow dryer could accomplish.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
I watched Elle's second vid on the Airwrap and the curling attachments didn't work for her at all. That would mean spending $500 for just a blow dry brush.

So yeah, I'm more interested in the Revair now.

faithVA

I’m all for quality hair tools, but these price points are wild to me. Not to be in folks’ pockets (and you know with a preface like that I’m actually bout to do the opposite and dive right into people’s pockets :lol:) but car note money for a hair tool?

And I haven’t seen one video with results worthy of the price and outside of what a $200 or even a $50 blow dryer could accomplish.
I went to the salon every 2 weeks for years. I've also had protective styles put in every 2 to 3 months. So people pay that for a weave or a wig. It's all about the same. It's just a matter of what you want to spend your money on.

I've never actually had a 400 car note :lol: Because I think that's too much money to give to someone every month but I might do it once and own something.

ashbash

My revlon one step works just fine...

BrEE

@BrEE
@faithVA

You ladies have me so excited and anxious to receive mine. Tell me a little more about your results after using the RevAir.

Drying my hair takes 15-20 minutes instead of an hour now. It's such an easy process. Just section it in big chunks and put it into the contraption. I can tell it's much healthier than using a blow dryer because my hair doesn't feel hot to touch afterwards. And it stretches the new growth. So, it's like doing a blowout without the damage and all the time it normally takes.

Alma Petra

Any idea if it will be able to straighten hair that is in its coily form? I have very tiny 4B/4A coils and I wouldn't want to brush them out before putting them in the device.

imaginary

Any idea if it will be able to straighten hair that is in its coily form? I have very tiny 4B/4A coils and I wouldn't want to brush them out before putting them in the device.

If your hair is looser I can see how it could give you a very smooth straight-ish stretch, but imho I don't see how it could straighten and keep it that way, when the temperatures don't get super hot and aren't applied directly to the strands for the revair. And for the dyson I don't think it would have the tension and heat required.

Alma Petra

If your hair is looser I can see how it could give you a very smooth straight-ish stretch, but imho I don't see how it could straighten and keep it that way, when the temperatures don't get super hot and aren't applied directly to the strands for the revair. And for the dyson I don't think it would have the tension and heat required.
Oh bummer! I sort of figured this out myself but I thought I'd ask people for their experience maybe there's hope.

Maybe if the hair is very wet, that would help? Or is too much moisture in the hair a no go?

faithVA

@BrEE
@faithVA

You ladies have me so excited and anxious to receive mine. Tell me a little more about your results after using the RevAir.
I have a regular blow dryer and the Revlon brush but the leaves my hair so dry I only use them once every 4 to 6 months. My ends end up dry and brittle and I lose a lot of hair. If I dry on a cooler setting my hair never dries.

Th revair is loud. I wont even pretend. I wore earplugs last night. But it gave me a good blow out and my hair was not dry. I didn't have any hair on the floor and my ends felt great.

Pre section your hair before you get started and apply any product. That way you can just go from section. To section without stopping which will make it faster. It will be tempting to use really big sections but I found using smaller sections gave me more stretch and straighter roots.

I dont know what your previous blow drying experience has been but the revairs main benefit is that it minimizes the dryness and eliminates the mechanical manipulation.

There is another thread about the revair where others are sharing if you are interested.
I posted my pics from the 1st time here
I got better results the second time since I knew what I was doing.

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/new-product-alert-hair-dryer.838783/

It's still a blow dryer and gives you the results of the tension method but with smoother roots.

faithVA

You dont need to brush them out just detangle. It's not going to straighten like a flat iron but will blow it out like a blow dryer.

Alma Petra

Thank you ladies @BrEE and @faithVA for the replies.

If any of you tries using this lovely machine after finger detangling without using a comb, please let me know the results.

I'd love to use it to stretch my hair in preparation for setting or for length checks. I know that it does not fully straighten the hair but I still like the results that I've seen.