Dyson Hair Dryer

naturalmanenyc

It sucks like crazy!!! The thing cleans extremely well. No belts and bags to replace, it doesn't lose suction, it's strong and sturdy, if something like a sock gets sucked up, it's easy to find it, and it has a 5 year warranty.

The main thing is how it cleans. Normal vacuums cleans the carpet. The DYSON cleans UNDERNEATH the carpet. That's how well it cleans.

When I used to use other vacuums, I used to go over everything more times because I knew it wasn't clean enough. When you use a DYSON, you just KNOW it's clean.

And it has a rinsable filter, and a easy way to toss the dirt...you hold the dust collector part over the garbage and push the red button, everything falls into the trash. That easy. No dirty work. :laugh:

We love our Dyson. My dad uses an Oreck but the Dyson is so much better.

JerriBlank

It sucks like crazy!!! The thing cleans extremely well. No belts and bags to replace, it doesn't lose suction, it's strong and sturdy, if something like a sock gets sucked up, it's easy to find it, and it has a 5 year warranty.

The main thing is how it cleans. Normal vacuums cleans the carpet. The DYSON cleans UNDERNEATH the carpet. That's how well it cleans.

When I used to use other vacuums, I used to go over everything more times because I knew it wasn't clean enough. When you use a DYSON, you just KNOW it's clean.

And it has a rinsable filter, and a easy way to toss the dirt...you hold the dust collector part over the garbage and push the red button, everything falls into the trash. That easy. No dirty work. :laugh:

Do you know what model you have? I need a good vacuum cleaner for this carpet. I hate having carpet!

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
Well, well, looks what's on 6 Easy Pay today on QVC.... about $66 a month if that makes it more palatable!

Oh lawd, why oh why did you post this?!?! :lachen:

I love my Dyson Vac as well. It was money well spent. I'm going to get the dryer. I have a Pibbs, I'm sitting under it now, but I need this too! I always use a round brush to blow dry my hair. I don't like comb attachments.

InsertCleverNameHere

I got a lavender ( my fave color) colored Shark this year for wayyy cheaper than a Dyson lol and I LOVE it and the reviews for it are excellent. It even has a lift away option so I can use it as a handheld. Huge upgrade from my old Bissell lol
What is so special about the Dyson?

I would recommend that anyone who doesn't want to plunk down the cash for Dyson to get a Shark. Very well rated. Easy to use and depending on model has similar features. That's why they are often compared.

Black Ambrosia

Decisions, decisions... I've been wearing crochet braids for an extended period. I don't want to buy this without being able to test it repeatedly during the return period. It's tempting though.

Meritamen

On a happy hair journey
Like everyone else said. I'd buy it if the price was lower and there was comb attachment. How did they spend so much money on research but no one thought to add a comb attachment?! $400 is way too steep a price for a hair dryer.

naturalmanenyc

Like everyone else said. I'd buy it if the price was lower and there was comb attachment. How did they spend so much money on research but no one thought to add a comb attachment?! $400 is way too steep a price for a hair dryer.

Because White people don't generally need a comb attachment. This dryer wasn't made for Black women and definitely not naturals.

Black Ambrosia

We wouldn't like the comb attachment even if they offered one because all the attachments are magnetic. Having said that, most women I know use a brush for blow outs so I don't think its that big a deal. I just want to see how it does on coarse, kinky natural hair. Every youtube video I've seen is either for straight hair or curly hair.

I even checked reviews online and I haven't come across one where a person indicates they have a similar hair type and offers feedback, positive or negative. I get that the price is a deterrent but we already spend so much on haircare I'm surprised no one has tested it out. I've seen multiple reviews by yt women talking about how it cut their drying time down from 40 minutes to 15 minutes or less. I've also seen reviews about how it got their hair salon straight without frizz and without the aid of a flat iron. I'm surprised no vloggers have taken this on as a challenge.

I feel like we are either being overlooked by Dyson or they know it can't do anything for us. If just one popular vlogger demonstrated a quick blow out with good results then everyone would be talking about it.

Last edited:

Daina

Wouldn't buy the dryer too pricey...but I love my Dyson vacuum! It was definitely money well spent and I will only buy Dyson in the future. I've had 3 Sharks which are pretty good for their price point definitely better than most but it doesn't even come close to cleaning like my Dyson!

*CherryPie*

They are compared because Shark compares theirs to DYSON. Every brand always compares itself to the best on the market. That's very common. It doesn't mean they perform comparably.

It's the same way that Blendtech and Ninja always compares itself to Vitamix.

You don't see Vitamix or DYSON comparing themselves to them....because they don't have to.

I would recommend that anyone who doesn't want to plunk down the cash for Dyson to get a Shark. Very well rated. Easy to use and depending on model has similar features. That's why they are often compared.

Last edited:

InsertCleverNameHere

They are compared because a Shark compares theirs to DYSON. Every brand always compares itself to the best on the market. That's very common. It doesn't mean they perform comparably.

It's the same way that Blendtech and Ninja always compares itself to Vitamix.

You don't see Vitamix or DYSON comparing themselves to them....because they don't have to.

Huh? I wasn't talking about ads at all. That would be the worst way to compare the two. If you're one of those people who obsessively researches before buying things, you'll find many many blogs and reviewers comparing similar models and Shark fares very well in head to heads.

*CherryPie*

Ive never seen shark work better in real life.

Huh? I wasn't talking about ads at all. That would be the worst way to compare the two. If you're one of those people who obsessively researches before buying things, you'll find many many blogs and reviewers comparing similar models and Shark fares very well in head to heads.

candita

So far I've used the dyson 2 or 3 times and I'm on the fence. It does shorten my blow dry time (I previously had a Sedu Revolution) from 20ish minutes down to 14 minutes. But I have to use the lowest heat, the higher heats would fry my hair, it's so hot. I saw some reviews that said the dryer made their hair dry - most likely people using the highest heat and not paying attention to what it was actually doing to their hair. Since my hair lady gives me a side eye every time I use heat (I try to limit my relaxed hair to direct 1-2x month), it's a lot of money ($320 with the VIB sale) to use sparingly.

TL; DR: I like it but for sparing use, may not be worth it? TBD.