East African Shea Butter!!! Rave!!!

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Hey Ladies!!! Okay so I'm a lover of Shea Butter to seal my hair after moisturizing, I use Coconut Oil on my ends though, it has always left my hair very soft and helped me retain moisture VERY WELL! I used West African Shea Butter for a while and it did its job, my hair was moisturized. I decided when the WA Butter was finished, I would try the East African Butter, I researched a couple sites and found the most legitimate one to order my butter, and it wasn't too expensive. I've been using the butter for a week and I should tell you that I DO NOT have to moisturize daily (even though I do) My hair feels so smooth and soft and it literally melts on my hair, it is just healing it entirely...I have so much NG right now because of a botched relaxer and my hair is the softest and most manageable its ever been! So I'll spread the good news and tell all you lovers of Shea Butter, I'm not trying to Dog WA because I favored it for a while, but if you can afford it, BUY EA Shea Butter....Its WONDERFUL!!! HTH & HHG! :)

tbaby_8

Thank you. I am thinking of buying some shea offline because the shea butter at the local BSS looks kinda suspect. I'm not sure if it is legit or not.

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Thank you. I am thinking of buying some shea offline because the shea butter at the local BSS looks kinda suspect. I'm not sure if it is legit or not.

You're welcome, yea Shea Butter can be iffy, but this one looks 100% natural and unrefined, I'm going to be a customer until they close down.

Eisani

Sheaterra used to have a bomb coconut cream too from what I hear. Wonder what happened to it?

Eisani

I always wonder about that too, especially after I first read this:

Kpangnan is the butter from the African Butter Tree (Pentadesma butyracea), and has been sold in the west under the name of Golden Shea Butter or Yellow Shea Butter.
In fact, the African Butter Tree is a completely different species of tree that grows along the rivers in central Togo. Shea trees grow in the open savanna. In contrast, African Butter trees grown in the dense gallery forests along the rivers and streams where water is abundant. Kpangnan is the local name in central Togo for this butter, which is used for traditional skin care. While this butter is popular because of its bright yellow color, its unsaponifiable value is not as high as that of shea butter.

You know all that shea in the bss is super yellow. It's not even the same consistency of what I order online. Makes me wonder if it's actually shea, or like this lil snippet say, something else their calling shea. I found this info on www.agbangakarite.com

tbaby_8

I always wonder about that too, especially after I first read this:

Kpangnan is the butter from the African Butter Tree (Pentadesma butyracea), and has been sold in the west under the name of Golden Shea Butter or Yellow Shea Butter.
In fact, the African Butter Tree is a completely different species of tree that grows along the rivers in central Togo. Shea trees grow in the open savanna. In contrast, African Butter trees grown in the dense gallery forests along the rivers and streams where water is abundant. Kpangnan is the local name in central Togo for this butter, which is used for traditional skin care. While this butter is popular because of its bright yellow color, its unsaponifiable value is not as high as that of shea butter.

You know all that shea in the bss is super yellow. It's not even the same consistency of what I order online. Makes me wonder if it's actually shea, or like this lil snippet say, something else their calling shea. I found this info on www.agbangakarite.com

I know. I was in there yesterday and it is like canary yellow. I bought some last time and tried to mix it with a bunch of different oils. It was really loose instead of creamy. I used it all up. I thought about buying it again, but I didn't want to spend almost $10.00 on it and not have the real deal. I would rather wait and spend my money on something that I know is real. Also, When I used it raw out of the container on my step daughter (she has eczema) she stated that it burned. So that really made me hesitant because I didn't think it was suppose to do that. :nono:

Dommo

oooohh, I gotta try this even though I absolutely love W African shea butter...I usually get the west african shea butter with the extra palm oil; its really creamy and more moisturizing than the usual hard WA shea and the same price but I'll order the E African because I wanna see if there is a difference. Thanx

Eisani

I know. I was in there yesterday and it is like canary yellow. I bought some last time and tried to mix it with a bunch of different oils. It was really loose instead of creamy. I used it all up. I thought about buying it again, but I didn't want to spend almost $10.00 on it and not have the real deal. I would rather wait and spend my money on something that I know is real. Also, When I used it raw out of the container on my step daughter (she has eczema) she stated that it burned. So that really made me hesitant because I didn't think it was suppose to do that. :nono:
:nono: That doesn't sound kosher at all. Sent you a PM.

alopeciagrl

My first experience with Shea Butter was from a company called Nubian Heritage. It left my skin feeling so moisturized and my feet looked like I just had a pedicure.

When it kept my children's scalp healthy and anytime they would get a rash one no more than two applications took away the rash.

MWilson569

I love shea terra organics east african shea butter.....It is sooo much easier to apply...but I also use their madagascar vanilla shea oil spray.....it is DIVINE!!! .... I also want to try their regular shea butter for the healing properties

trey21

Can someone post the website to purchase the EA Shea Butter I would really love to order some.
Lateshia, whats going on girl! Try www.sheabutterhut.com
I haven't ordered anything from them yet so I don't know about their shipping practices.

Anyone know of any other places?

tricie

I, too, have seen the super yellow stuff in the BSS that claims to be 100% pure African shea butter. I opened it, and it smelled more like cocoa butter. :nono:

Tiye

I, too, have seen the super yellow stuff in the BSS that claims to be 100% pure African shea butter. I opened it, and it smelled more like cocoa butter. :nono:

There are different types of shea butter - the trees differ in varying geographic regions. Just about all the shea butter you see for sale is west african and some of it is very good - depending on how it was made. However OP is telling the truth - the EA (Ugandan) shea butter is amazing. I had some five years ago - I could not find it again and I've been looking for it since then. So I'm subscribing to this thread. Thanks everyone who already shared sources.

SiobhanM

West African Shea Butter does nothing for me! My african friends informed me that the east african shea butter is much better. My grandmother uses EA shea and told me she thought it was better. I will have to try some soon!