Easy Rollersetting/Pincurling Challenge Part II

DivaD04

Ms P.Brown, I've rollersetted my hair the other day and ummm, i didn't like it. my hair it too short. for the rollers:wallbash: what should i do? my plastic rollers and clips are all in storage thanks to my wonderful husband...i'm lliving a couple of continents away from home.

PuffyBrown

Good Luck ya'll!

I really wanna join but I am so hair lazy right now. Once this phase passes can I join?

My lazy streak will prolly be over in about 3 more weeks or so.

Absolutely!

you have a lot of great info listed. :yep:

Thank you sweetie!

I am in!:yawn:This challenge is just in time since I had to wash my hair today and have a week old touch-up.I have had a love/hate relationship with rollersets but I am going to make this work. I followed the first link in the second post and the rolling part went sooooooo much betta! I hood dried it for 45 min and I will let it airdry the rest of the day. I know the results will be better than in the past.:grin:

I have a love/hate too. This is one reason for the challenge so that I can learn to appreciate it more.

I'm in! I just did a ponytail rollerset today. I was going to saran wrap and sit under the dryer but since I am not going anywhere I decided to just pincurl the ends until tomorrow.

Great, maybe you can teach us a few things in here:yep:

DivaD04- This is outstanding! I love this.

For those who are interested in silk wraps, here's pokahontas' tutorial;

Silk Wrap Tutorial Updated 08'......straight hair w/o heat!

If you want straight hair without the use of direct heat (flat irons, blow dryers, etc.) you should definitely try this out. My hair is natural and it gets very straight with this method.

Here are the steps (I will try to have a pic for each step):

1) Rollerset your hair using whatever size roller you prefer.

2) Dry the set under a hooded dryer (or air-dry).

3) Once completely dry comb out the set and apply a small amount of moisturizer and a couple drops of oil for shine. Don't overdo it with the products because you want your hair to be light and swingy.

4) Wrap your hair.

5) Cover with one layer of saran wrap (make sure the top is closed).

6) Sit under a hooded dryer for 10-15 minutes. This step is where the magic happens, lol. I don't know how this happens but the hair just straightens and silkens out so beautifully it's like magic.

HTH!

Where are the Rollersetting/Pincurling Challengers? Bumping for updates.

Oh thanks for the reminder I will create one today.

Ms P.Brown, I've rollersetted my hair the other day and ummm, i didn't like it. my hair it too short. for the rollers:wallbash: what should i do? my plastic rollers and clips are all in storage thanks to my wonderful husband...i'm lliving a couple of continents away from home.

What kind of rollers are you using.
There are a few things that you can do.

1. Get the smallest roller and roll your hair around it as far as it will go. You hair doesn't have to be wrapped all the way around, it just needs to be secure enough so that the roller will not fall out.

2. Get medium size perm rods and roll hair very loosly with rolling papers. These will make tight curls but the larger the roller the looser the curl. As your hair grows out you can graduate to the mesh or snap rollers.

3. Pin curl. This is a great way to grow out short hair without putting a lot of stress and damage on you hair. With pin curling just keep in mind that you do not need alot of prduct in your hair. Pincurling also compliments curling on dry hair. If your hair is fragile I would probally say you may want to pin curl on mostly dry hair, just wet enough to smooth down with a conditioning spray or somethig similar.

You will get there it is a process and I know you can do it.

Butterfly08

This is pretty much what I am doing - rollerset and maintain for 3 - 4 days, cw every other day and bun up. I am loving how soft my hair is. :yep:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I can only use my foam rollers right now. Why are they off limits?:wallbash: all my other rollers are too big for my hair.:ohwell:

PuffyBrown

I can only use my foam rollers right now. Why are they off limits?:wallbash: all my other rollers are too big for my hair.:ohwell:

Okay I put on the list.
The reason why it was off limits is because they absorb the moisture out of your hair when you leave them in too long. After prolonged use that can cause breakage. So be careful not to leave in too long and dont roll too tight, I want you to get a full inch or more by the end of the challenge, okay? Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize.

DivaD04

What kind of rollers are you using.
There are a few things that you can do.

1. Get the smallest roller and roll your hair around it as far as it will go. You hair doesn't have to be wrapped all the way around, it just needs to be secure enough so that the roller will not fall out.

2. Get medium size perm rods and roll hair very loosly with rolling papers. These will make tight curls but the larger the roller the looser the curl. As your hair grows out you can graduate to the mesh or snap rollers.

3. Pin curl. This is a great way to grow out short hair without putting a lot of stress and damage on you hair. With pin curling just keep in mind that you do not need alot of prduct in your hair. Pincurling also compliments curling on dry hair. If your hair is fragile I would probally say you may want to pin curl on mostly dry hair, just wet enough to smooth down with a conditioning spray or somethig similar.

You will get there it is a process and I know you can do it.

I'm using the hype hair satin rollers i'm using the smallest ones. I do have perm rods..girl I still have my beauty college kit but everything is in storage and I don't want to buy more of them things right now. I do wish I can get them out but I'll have to wait for a trip to america....and to Cali. But after writing you about my dilemma it dawned on me to pincurl...I know how to pincurl...:wallbash: I don't know why I didn't think of it, so I will do that....thanks

PuffyBrown

:reddancer:
Howdy,
I am officially a pincurling fool. I love it and so does my hair. So so much less manipulation than the rollersetting. I have consistently done pincurls once a week regular pin curl. ( I twist a little so that I get more curls). On co-wash, after it dries I add condish twist and roll the twistie into a pin curl. I leave in all day, because I started airdrying my rollersets. Me and the dryer just do not get along. I can't figure out what I am doing wrong and right now I dont have time to deal with it. Anyhoo, my hair comes out super curly, soft and actually bouncy which was a surprise the first time I did it.

Any more updates.
Anybody need. :help:

:grouphug2:

Guyaneek

Wow! Done reading:grin:
I'm in! Really inspired too because this is perfect to look cute with little manip!

monikr

So I haven't taken a picture of a good rollerset in a while, but i must say i've definitely had better results using less product and more rollers. How are the other challengers doing?

Healthb4Length

How is the challenge going ladies??? I finally get the hang of pincurling and I'm in love! Easy bouncy curls without sleeping on hard rollers! I've been retaining my length and looking cute too!

PuffyBrown

I got the technique down, especially with the pincurling. I cant make them looks smooth and moisturized with bouncy body. I have tried variations of conditioner but it still get frizzy ends, I don't get it..:perplexed

How is the challenge going ladies??? I finally get the hang of pincurling and I'm in love! Easy bouncy curls without sleeping on hard rollers! I've been retaining my length and looking cute too!