Eczema, Sensitive Scalp, Etc.

Blessed&higlyflavoured

Hi,
Is anyone else suffering from eczema on their scalp?

I have eczema all over my body but its especially troublesome on my scalp. I've been prescribed Betamousse steroid and Capasal shampoo by my dermatologist
I'm currently in a sew-in, (full sewin with a full fringe, with my edges and nape left out for prosperity, the fringe covers my hair and you can't see it)
I use the betamousse after wash day. Its cleared up the eczema on my scalp.
I don't use the Capasal shampoo because it smells like tar and pain and reminds me of being ill and a child. The smell lingers too.

I also occasionally get an inflamed scalp which feels like throbbing and hot and is usually followed by patchy hair loss. The steroid mousse helps with that.

Anyone have any insight or anecdotes to add?

Thanks in advance

Blessed&higlyflavoured

My 4 yr old suffers from eczema on her scalp. It falls out in patches mostly in the back due to scratching. No suggestions as we can barely manage it.

Id definitely suggest getting her some steroid for her scalp. To help with the itching and inflammation. It wont cure it but it will give her a respite.

I use bettamouse, which is betnovate in a mousse form but I think you can get elocon too.

Femmefatal1981

Id definitely suggest getting her some steroid for her scalp. To help with the itching and inflammation. It wont cure it but it will give her a respite.

I use bettamouse, which is betnovate in a mousse form but I think you can get elocon too.
we use FLUOCINOLONE OIL for body and scalp. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. right now we are in a big flair and by the grace of God we have had no hair loss. We are doing 5 days of oral steroids and topical on the hot spots. Hopefully that gets it under control.

Last edited: