Edges!!!

itismehmmkay

Just asking again what you all are doing with your edges.

I'm giving mine a break. I usually sleep in rollers, but they have been too much for my sides and temples. The hair is still there, but just seems a little stressed. Last night I smoothed them back w/ some heavy grease/pomade and they look pretty happy today. :yep: I'm going to keep that going for a while.

JustKiya

I'm leaving them be. I've focused on them for about two years straight, doing all I could - and while they are fuller than they were before, they are still definitively thin. And you know what? Thas aiight. I stress it more than anybody else does (or notices), and I'm just focused on making sure my good hair practices extend to my entire head, edges to crown to nape, and moving on....

danysedai

My hair has recovered very nicely(APL here I come) but my edges are still a bit crunchy lol. I'm using phytospecific moisturizer and coconut oil. To sleep, I put on a bonnet and cover the border with a hair band so it stays in place the whole night.

mscocoface

I have become really paranoid about my edges because they seem to be the weakes spot on my head. Some of the other natural hair ladies as well as relaxed ladies have the same issue.

Edges can be a real character builder when trying to find things to help that area grow and stay healthy. Best of luck with your regimen to protect your edges.

Here is the thread were there is a community of ladies working on this every issue.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=320887

Last edited:

1Aleeesha

I leave them alone. I moisturize them when I'm moisturzing my hair and use my hands to smooth them out, occasionaly I have to lightly brush over them using the softest brush on the market.

itismehmmkay

I have become really paranoid about my edges because they seem to be the weakes spot on my head. Some of the other natural hair ladies as well as relaxed ladies have the same issue.

Edges can be a real character builder when trying to find things to help that area grow and stay healthy. Best of luck with your regimen to protect your edges.

Here is the thread were there is a community of ladies working on this every issue.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=320887

Thanks girl, I went ahead and joined that challenge today. I think my main issue is sleeping with those rollers on the sides of my head. :nono: It has been just too much for the edges and I need to start babying them more.

I think I'm gonna go ahead and continue that nightly regimen that I tried yesterday where I laid my edges down w/ some grease/pomade and a scarf and just rolled the very back/ends. Instead though, I'll bring my hair forward in the morning. I'm going to go for a trim today and ask for a bit of a bang to keep the style going. This is my inspiration. Instead my sides will be a bit shorter and bangs a bit longer. This'll allow me to keep the sides and edges moisturized and happy :yep:

Last edited:

DaDragonPrincess

My edges are a little thin too :perplexed , I just massage a little oil such as coconut oil or something eles, and keep it moving .

itismehmmkay

So the trim and the bangs really helped my style :yep:

I just slicked my hair back w/ a scarf last night and applied grease to my edges. Then this morning, I styled my bangs. Perfecto!

My edges really don't look bad, they just really needed some attnetion. I may consider skipping the salon this week and trying a 2-week wait until my next wash :up:

sevetlana

I am gonna try this grease thing for my edges, what kind are you girls using? I am tired of my edges looking like brillo.:nono:

Last edited: