Egg shake, acai/chia seeds shake, chlorella - anyone taking all 3?

cairopiper

Hey ladies,

Ok, so I've been browsing three different threads for drinks/shakes/smoothies which all sound wonderful:

the egg cocktail thread that Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll started
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=288413

the chlorella thread that luckiestdestiny started
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=329287

and the acai/chia seeds thread that ~~HoneyComb~~ started
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=391066

and they are all great, with lots of information on how these drinks have enhanced well being and made them feel awesome. Thanks ladies for posting these :bighug:.

I'm contemplating having the egg shake for breakfast, then the acai/chia seeds mixed in some juice at lunchtime. Have a proper healthy dinner in the evening and then before going to bed drinking the chlorella powder mixed with another fruit juice. I want to do this first and foremost for all the health benefits and if I'm also able to grow some hair and lose some weight (so will be calculating calories in the drinks) at the same time that'd be awesome too.

The thing I guess I'd like to know is if anyone is drinking all three of them throughout the day or if this would be considered overkill? All the ingredients seem natural and healthy and don't appear to be replicated but any comments, ideas, suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

TIA
Cairo
x

I drink the Green Machine drink by Naked Juice with 2 tbsn of Barlean's Greens which both have a good amount of chlorella and a lot of other good greens in it (wheat germ, barley grass, etc.). I'm not sure if it is doing anything for my hair, but it definitely has helped me manage my weight.

Thanks for the input ladies. I'm hoping these drinks will help me so I've started buying up the things needed and will definitely start incorporating them into my regime from beginning of October :)

Anyone else have experiences/advice to share? Would greatly appreciate it.

Cairo
x

Hi ladies,
Bumping in case any one has some advice for me before I start on Saturday. There are so many people on the egg shake and chlorella thread so I'm hoping for a few more responses from the 'seasoned drinkers'. I guess I don't want to be taking these different things and have it cause detrimental effects...

TIA
Cairo
x

I am not using all three, am just chrollea, the benefits from that is so wonderful not to mention some growth and longer and stronger nails.

Hey, Chica, I was supposed to come back and post...sorry.

I toyed around with the idea of taking the chia seeds, but didn't get them.
I took chlorella for a while, but had to stop bcs i continually threw up. I think I was taking too much...I would add a scoop to my cocktail and it went well until about week three. Before that, I took the pills and that was great.

I have an entire tub of this stuff ($50 worth), just sitting in my cupboard...
I would have loved to reap the benefits of it, though. I wish I could muster the courage to revisit it.

I am not using all three, am just chrollea, the benefits from that is so wonderful not to mention some growth and longer and stronger nails.

Thanks Naturefreegirl, the chlorella does sound like a wonderful thing. Am looking forward to seeing the benefits of this :)

Cairo
x

Hey, Chica, I was supposed to come back and post...sorry.

I toyed around with the idea of taking the chia seeds, but didn't get them.
I took chlorella for a while, but had to stop bcs i continually threw up. I think I was taking too much...I would add a scoop to my cocktail and it went well until about week three. Before that, I took the pills and that was great.

I have an entire tub of this stuff ($50 worth), just sitting in my cupboard...
I would have loved to reap the benefits of it, though. I wish I could muster the courage to revisit it.

Hey Br*bze, thanks for your post. I've been going through your egg cocktail thread page by page for about a week now and still have about 100 pages to go! That thread has some awesome information in it.

I guess maybe the best thing to do would be to start with one of the drinks then work my way up to two of them and finally all three and see what happens. I guess if I have issues with the chlorella powder I can just take the capsules instead. The powder seems to be a bit harder to come by too. I haven't managed to find wheatgerm oil over here yet so I'm gonna go with flaxseed oil to start with, along with toasted wheatgerm. I'll post my experience in your thread on Saturday :)

Cairo
x

Hey Cairopiper--I haven't tried any of the other supplements--I do eat eggs (3) twice a week and I am faithfully still taking my acai powder and 2 scoops of chia seeds daily. I changed a lot of things in my diet, but when I initially started taking the acai/chia a few months ago I noticed a difference in the way I felt.

One thing that impressed me was how the combination curbed my appetite and make me feel satisfied all day, also my energy increased. I have so much energy now I don't know what to do with myself :lol:

I'll have to look into the chlorella for sure :yep:

My protein powder is a plant protein. It has chia seeds, hemp and a few other things. I love it!! I add chlorella powder to it and drink away.

Just started adding chlorella in again. I've been so exhausted and it does wonders for my energy level. So, hopefully this will give my hair an added boost.

Hey Cairopiper--I haven't tried any of the other supplements--I do eat eggs (3) twice a week and I am faithfully still taking my acai powder and 2 scoops of chia seeds daily. I changed a lot of things in my diet, but when I initially started taking the acai/chia a few months ago I noticed a difference in the way I felt.

One thing that impressed me was how the combination curbed my appetite and make me feel satisfied all day, also my energy increased. I have so much energy now I don't know what to do with myself :lol:

I'll have to look into the chlorella for sure :yep:

Can you replace the chia seeds with flax seeds? I order the acai powder but I have a large container of flax seeds, so I was going to see if this would work as well. Thanks

My protein powder is a plant protein. It has chia seeds, hemp and a few other things. I love it!! I add chlorella powder to it and drink away.

Just started adding chlorella in again. I've been so exhausted and it does wonders for my energy level. So, hopefully this will give my hair an added boost.

Hi Yodie,
Can you please let me know the name of your protein powder, it sounds really good :)

Thanks
Cairo
x

Hey Cairo, waiting for your post....how did it go?

Hey Br*nze, how are you? Hope you're doing good.

So far I've only been doing the egg shake (on and off for about a month) I haven't really noticed any differences yet but maybe that's because I haven't been completely consistent with it and I have been drinking it with cool oil instead of wheatgerm oil. I plan to take it every week day throughout November and on weekends will eat eggs instead. Am now taking L-Cysteine daily (along with vit c and b complex) too so hopefully this time next month I'll see a lot of changes in myself.

I'm going to start taking chlorella from Sunday (either in powder or capsule form, whichever I can get) and then from the beginning of December I'll add the chia seeds/acai.

Will keep you posted :)
Cairo
x

Back