Elasta QP Mango butter haters in here!!->>

Polyesterdiva

I hated it at first too. It was so heavy and oily, and hard to work through my hair.

But I discovered that if I mix it with Breakfree moisturizer (which has a very light, watery, slick consistency) that I get the perfect blend. It gives substance to the breakfree and makes it last on my hair longer because of the oils, but it works through my hair so much easier and doesn't weigh it down.

:)

Another poster suggested mixing MQP with water, but I wouldn't want my hair to revert. This might be a good idea for naturals, or those who don't heat style.

kinkycotton

I hated Elasta Qp Mango because it left my hair hard and greasy. When I found out it was high in protein and learned my hair is protein sensitive, that was it for me. :perplexed

BonBon

Wow I posted this a while ago...I have moved on from the mango butter and am not looking back lols. I loved the smell though:look:

mariofmagdal

Hi, I just read another thread about the worst products and Elasta QPs butter came up a lot.:eek:

I thought everyone one liked it so I stocked up on it, the only thing I have noticed is that the tub goes mouldy after a month which is pretty gross:( :(

Does any hater of this brands version prefer another hair butter thats more value for money??

Wow, I have never had it go bad.......:blush: Sorry, I am not a hater, I love it and use it more than once per day. :yep:

SheenaVee

Elasta QP Mango butter hater checking in.:wave:

My problem with it is it leaves the ends of my hair dry. I also cant stand the smell! It smells like cheap car freshner to me. I

I thought I was the only one! I always see people on here saying they love the smell. I didnt mind the mango butter, it wasnt all that to me but it wasnt bad either. But I think its too expensive and too small and I dnt like the smell so I havent bought it again.

Tylove101

Moldy! Hold up... :eek:
Are you kidding???

Now you have me wantin to use it up before I find a forest growin in it... maybe this was just a botched jar? Ive had mine for about 3 weeks with no change and Ive used like half of it

I was thinking the same thing... I've had mine over 6 months and was even thinking about using a little this weekend to moisturize when I straighten and wrap my hair at night... but now I think I may just toss it... I opened it last week and everything looked fine... I don't know now... I'm a scary cat ---

Chameleonchick

I found that you have to keepthe top closed tightly because if you don't the top gets hard, and thats just wasting products.

Buttercreme

This is a staple for me! I CANNOT, and i repeat CANNOT live w/o it. I think it depends on how ur using it though, I see many ppl are saying they use it on their ends, i've never used it this way however I use it on my edges. When I mean it can have 14 week post edges lookin like I got a fresh touch up I haven't found anything like it! Not even gel!

My staple moisturizer, I started with it 2 1/2 yrs. ago and I always come back to it.
I changed the way I use it and now I'm Hooked! and I buy 2 jars at a time

It lays my edges like a fresh relaxer and keeps the rest of my hair moisturized for 2-3 days.

stormy07

I can only use it on my ends but I've kept a jar for months and I've never seen mold :look: Although it sucks because I can't buy it locally anymore, no one carries it

Well i'm sorry u ladies didn't like it, I love it, I only use it on my edges and not my hair and I haven't had any problems, actually I'm on my second jar, and no mold or nothing, and I have had this product for more than two months, but I get mine from Sally's....sorry again, I hope u ladies found something that works, jumping on bandwagons is making my hair break and putting a hold in my pocket.....but I feel ya ladies.....

Barbara

Princess
I noticed the mold months after I bought it. Maybe it was on the store shelf too long. I love the smell, though. It left my ends dry the following morning.

I took the tiny spore of mold out, poured olive oil in it, and it's been stuck in the freezer for 3-1/2 years now. I guess I should start using it again, but it won't be a keeper.

Last edited:

MummysGirl

I like Elasta QP mango butter BUT I've noticed that it does start to smell weird, like "off" after a couple of months.

dream13

:blush: This is one of my holy grail products. I only use it on my edges, but I will never be without it.

that_1_grrrl

I hated it. It just sat on top of my hair. I have in my bag of things I am not sure to toss or give to my mom and sisters. Just blech.

I am really excited about trying natural mango butter though. I can not wait until Fall when I get my FinAid check. I am going to buy a few natural butters.

yuriko

I have had mine since last August, because I only use a little at a time, and definitely no mold. You obviously got a botched jar

RainbowCurls

Luckily, I only bought one after it was hyped up on here.
At first, I thought the smell was nice, but when it's on your head, it's really overpowering.
The butter itself, it's all sticky and made my hair hard and tangled. Horrible stuff.

Makenzie

I wasn't impressed with it to begin with, so it stayed in the back of of my hair drawer. I pulled it out after a month or so, and it was a little moldy.:barf:

I didn't like it before the mold.