Elasta QP products

Ntrlmystik

I managed to get my hair soft after my conditioners w/ the use of other products but my hair is never simply moisturized after using any conditioner. My last failure was humectress and it made my hair dryer than it has ever been. My roommate is one of the models for Elasta QP and she rants and raves about the intense conditioner. She says that the night before the photo shoot,they put it in her hair and told her to sleep in it and says that her hair has never felt so soft. I figure I have tried everything so another $3.19 won't hurt. Has anyone (especially naturals) tried out this conditioner? They also have a deep moisturizing treatment (DPR 11) and a protein treatment (Breakage Control Serum). Have any of you used the prodcuts if so let me know cause I am thinking if I like the conditioner I will order the other two.

http://elastaqp.com

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
I have never used the conditioner, but I use EQP mango butter and Glaze and I love them both. They are a few of my must haves. It's worth a try!

LondonDiva

Ntrlmystik said:
I managed to get my hair soft after my conditioners w/ the use of other products but my hair is never simply moisturized after using any conditioner. My last failure was humectress and it made my hair dryer than it has ever been. My roommate is one of the models for Elasta QP and she rants and raves about the intense conditioner. She says that the night before the photo shoot,they put it in her hair and told her to sleep in it and says that her hair has never felt so soft. I figure I have tried everything so another $3.19 won't hurt. Has anyone (especially naturals) tried out this conditioner? They also have a deep moisturizing treatment (DPR 11) and a protein treatment (Breakage Control Serum). Have any of you used the prodcuts if so let me know cause I am thinking if I like the conditioner I will order the other two.

http://elastaqp.com

The beauty about Elasta is that the products are cheap. I have used about 80% of the line and have a few items in my staple.
I currently use religiously.
H-Two
Creme Conditioning Shampoo
Bodyfying Shampoo (this strips all the nasty gunk off the hair, I always follow with the Creme shampoo after using this)
Neutralizing Shampoo
Anti Breakage Serum
I have this new protein product, but don't really know how to use it yet.
I have used the conditioner, but felt it did zip for my hair. I've used much better, like the hair masque made by profectiv (strengthofnature.com), or Motions CPR. Her hair type maybe different from mine, my hair require so much moisture and this Elasta product didn't do a thing for me. Some other people may have a different take on it though.

aileenadq

Hi N,

Here's a thought: When is the last time you clarified? Build up can prevent conditioners from doing their job.

And another: Have you tried Elucence? It's an Elasta product. I've never used a better conditioner. Will never, ever switch.

Good luck!

A

LondonDiva

Oh lawks, there's me writing a review on the Recovery thinking this was the Intense. It's only from looking at that survey that it jogged my memory. Yes I remember Intense, thick cholesterol type conditioner, loved it. Lemme see if I can pick some up tonight. sorry girl!!!
Elasta QP and Profectiv are my fave products.

Ntrlmystik

aileenadq said:
Hi N,

Here's a thought: When is the last time you clarified? Build up can prevent conditioners from doing their job.

And another: Have you tried Elucence? It's an Elasta product. I've never used a better conditioner. Will never, ever switch.

Good luck!

A

Thanks! My hair changes when I have buildup and I clarify as needed. Hopefully since they are the same company maybe it will work just as well. They are in the same price range so I cannot imagine what the difference would be.

Last edited:

shinyblackhair

Love the products! I use Shampoo for Relaxed Hair, Creme Conditioning shampoo, mango butter, recovery, and breakage control serum.

Great products for the price. :)

Angelicus

I have used elasta QP neutralizing shampoo consistently for three years and it's one of my favorite shampoos. Creme conditioning shampoo felt great also, but I disliked the smell. The breakage control serum's featured ingredient is wheat protein which is a light protein packer.

I didn't like shampoo for relaxed hair... And although I liked recovery leave-in, I decided not to buy it again because it made my hair a little hard.

About the Elasta QP mango butter. It contains a lot of emollients but over time it made my hair hard and dry. It's good to use once in a while. And it smells like candy... I nearly ate it!

I wanted to put this in another thread, but it is my pet peeve when vegans who don't believe in animal abuse use animal oils and products that contain animal oils, such as Elasta QP Mango butter... which has squalene (shark liver oil) as its featured ingredient...

thanks for listening to my rambling.

*ElleB

anky said:
I have used elasta QP neutralizing shampoo consistently for three years and it's one of my favorite shampoos. Creme conditioning shampoo felt great also, but I disliked the smell. The breakage control serum's featured ingredient is wheat protein which is a light protein packer.

I didn't like shampoo for relaxed hair... And although I liked recovery leave-in, I decided not to buy it again because it made my hair a little hard.

About the Elasta QP mango butter. It contains a lot of emollients but over time it made my hair hard and dry. It's good to use once in a while. And it smells like candy... I nearly ate it!

I wanted to put this in another thread, but it is my pet peeve when vegans who don't believe in animal abuse use animal oils and products that contain animal oils, such as Elasta QP Mango butter... which has squalene (shark liver oil) as its featured ingredient...

thanks for listening to my rambling.

That annoys me too!
A little OT, but I thought squalene was an Olive Oil Derivative??:confused:

so1913

~Nigeria~ said:
Elasta qp DPR 11 is amazing. It's definitely one of my staples.

I can't find this locally for anything although I can find almost any other Elast product out there :-(

Mestiza

I've tried the Breakage Control Serum and it was decent. I can't say that it worked better than other protein conditioners that I've used, though.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
*ElleB said:
That annoys me too!
A little OT, but I thought squalene was an Olive Oil Derivative??:confused:

Yeah, I thought that too. I always see it listed as an olive oil derivative.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Nptrl,

Your friend is a beauty. :)

I've used the intense before (a couple of times) and it didn't impress me too much.

MissB

Squalene is an olive oil derivative. I also like the Shampoo for Relaxed Hair and the Creme Conditoning Shampoo. I have been using them both for years.

baglady215

I love Elasta! My faves are the Glaze, Creme Cond. Shampoo, Relaxed Hair Shampoo, DPR-11 :love:, and the Breakage Control Serum. They are the best cheap products out there IMHO.

Ntrlmystik

Ladies, last night I used the intense conditioner and my hair was softer than it has been in a very long time. I guess I should have listened to my roommate when she first told me. Next time I wash, I will use the dpr-11. After the next six weeks I will give an update to share the results of how the line works with my hair.