Elasta Qp... prolly been posted before but I would like to know!

What is YOUR oppinion?

• Total voters

shunta

Faves are Oil Recovery Moisturizer and Creme Conditioning shampoo. I tried their power drops before and it was okay, but I cant seem to find it in the local bss here.

Proudpiscean

My faves are the DPR-11 moisturizing conditioner & H-two leave-in! I mix the DPR-11 with EVOO,heat it in the microwave, and apply it to my hair as a deep conditioner-love it! After rinsing I spray the H-two leave in first, then apply my moisturizers and seal with oil. :)

TeeKay21

I like mango butter for when I'm trying to stretch and I need something to tame them naps when I (dry) rollerset at night. I don't use it as much as I use CD hair butter and hair milk though.

BeautifulNameX

that oil recovery moisturizer isnt seeming to work for me.. i used it after i blew my hair out.

how/when do you use it?

i like dpr-11 but i noticed it only wurks with the shampoo for relaxed Hair.. it wont work for the stimulations one

renee_n_3000

I used to use their Glaze gel a lot and liked it. I also used their Mango Butter for quite a while and liked it, but totally forgot about that until I saw KhandiB's post about it.

I tried the Creme Conditioning Shampoo and disliked it so much that I took it back and got a refund. If I'm remembering correctly, I think it made my hair feel kind of dry, which is something no other shampoo has done to me before. Afterwards, I wondered if it might have gotten a counterfeit product, or maybe just a bad bottle, because the affect it had on my hair really made no sense.

LynnieB

stuff i have tried:

shampoo for relaxed hair - prefer over CON, worked good for transitioning and relaxed hair. haven't bought anymore only because aubrey's is working so well. might go back to it if i have any drying issues through the winter.

sample pack of the scalp stimulating shampoo. one use only. honestly, it felt good. i guess it's peppermint in it cause it really feels cool and refreshing. it was so-so as shampoos go though.

dpr-11 - great stuff for hard core deep condishing and i usually switch up to this every now and then if i'm low on aubrey's. sometimes i even use them both :)

H2O - luv it x100 and irreplaceable! i use for braid-outs (going back to it for rollersets too). if doing the braidouts i'll use it before making the plaits or when rebraiding overnight and hair feels soo moisturized in the morning. the cone in it IS water soluable (nice).

i've also tried:

the mango butter stuff - hated it. extremely drying and left my ends feeling so coated and crunchy.

intense fortifying hair conditioner, smells like kindof like bananas hehe - worked awight in the beginning of transition but the new hair just doesn't like it at all.

the glaze. bought it several months ago but honestly haven't used it enuff to say if i like it or not :S

ms*x

cat eyes said:
Yes love the Mango Butter too!
i like the elasta dpr-11 lots - i like to slather it on my hair as an overnight pre-poo...the creme shampoo is lovely...however, i am gonna stick with my mnt and use the elasta as a line for my teen daughters...it's great for them to practice healthy hair care with because it's not expensive and it's quality stuff.

Namilani

Elasta QP was the cause of my only major setback since joining LHCF!! :mad: The setting lotion made my hair so straight but dry (to the point of breakage, and of course my little cheap butt had mixed it in with my KeraCare seting lotion to make it last :ohwell:) , the Breakage Control Serum did nothing for me (after I found out it wasn't a leave-in :look:), and that Silk stuff felt sooooo go going on and REALLY let me down (dry, sheen disapeared QUICKLY, weird-feeling, BREAKAGE...). Sorry, but if I just happened to pick the only three bad products by them... Oh well! I'm not trying ANYTHING else by them!!

gymfreak336

I have tried the recovery oil moisturizer, mango butter, dpr-11, and h20 spray.
I liked the h20 spray, I used it for the longest as my leave-in. The recovery was okay, nothing bad to say about that. I didn't like the mango butter and the dpr-11. They didn't do anything for me. Right now though I am loving the breakage serum.

BeautifulNameX

Talipoohz_Momma, What setting lotion u useing by them the silk or the foam? and how r u usin it to blow out or undera dryer.

Namilani

DTWgrl said:
Talipoohz_Momma, What setting lotion u useing by them the silk or the foam? and how r u usin it to blow out or undera dryer.

The setting lotion was some kind of spray. Maybe it said styling spray? I used it to roller-set and to air-dry with the same results. The silk stuff is "Like Silk" or something like that with a gel-like consistency.

Cien

Pink is my signature color
I love..love love the Mango Butter. I spritz my edges with water, and slick it down with some of this. Works everytime! I just wish they came in larger containers for that price.

I like the HTwo and Breakage serum as well.

Kurlee

USE TO LOVE THE GLAZE, it alwasy made my hair SLICK and WAVY! before the board, but now that I learned all this technical hair stuff I can't use it. It alwasy looked sooo good, but my hair would be sooooooo dried out underneath, i think its the heavy silicones.

VelvetRain

I use the design foam for setting my hair. A long time ago I used their breakage control serum until I realized it wasn't doing squat for my hair.

LynnieB

Kurlee said:
USE TO LOVE THE GLAZE, it alwasy made my hair SLICK and WAVY! before the board, but now that I learned all this technical hair stuff I can't use it. It alwasy looked sooo good, but my hair would be sooooooo dried out underneath, i think its the heavy silicones.

far as i know, there's no cones in the glaze. it's prolly the mineral oil causing your problems..

Ingredients

Aqua/Water , Isoceteth-20 , Mineral Oil , Glycerin , Oleth-2 , Propylene Glycol , Panthenol , Methylparaben , Propylparaben , Imidazolidinyl Urea , Fragrance

Mango butter contains cones and, they are very high up on the list at that so that'd explain the build up, dryness or yuck factor issues some folks have with it (including myself).

ingredients

Purified Water Aqua, Squalane Olive Oil Derived, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride Coconut Oil Derived, PEG-75 Lanolin, Behntrimonium Methosulfate, Hexadecanol, Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceterareth-20 , Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Mangifera Indica Seed butter mango, Theobroma Cacao Seed butter Cocoa, Hydrolyzed Silk, Serica, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

the dpr-11 does also. can check and post those ingredients later if needed.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I actually like several things from their line:

• Mango Butter: I really like this. I use it on my ends when I do my braid / twist outs.
  • H-Two Leave In Conditioner: love this very moisturizing spray.
  • DPR-11 Remoisturizer: I use this for deep conditioning. I like it, but I’ve used other things that are better.
  • Breakage Control Serum: I’m not sure how this actually works on my hair, since I typically use it in conjunction with other conditioners. I’ll have to use it by itself to better assess the situation.

dream13

Mango butter is a lifesaver for my edges while stretching relaxers.

However, the jar desn't seem to last too long before the butter starts looking old and dried out.

Cayenne0622

I like the shampoo (great ph level), the dpr11 (deep conditioner), and I use the oil recovery moisturizer everyday and my hair loves it...very soft.