Elasta QP Scalp Stimulating Shampoo

caress

Has anyone used this shampoo? I think someone posted about it before but I couldn't come up with anything when I did a search. How'd you like it?

I've used it twice so far and I'm unsure about it. The first time I used it, I had used Queen Helen Cholesterol conditioner beforehand. My mother told me I could use this conditioner to practice giving myself a relaxer touch-up. Ok so after that I shampooed twice with the Elasta shampoo and conditioned with Elasta QP Intense. My hair was a little hard and more difficult to detangle than what I'm used to.

The second time I used the shampoo I only lathered up once and after using it my hair felt kind of funny. I used the Intense again and my hair wasn't super soft or detangled but it was manageable.

When I wash my hair on Monday, I will use the Elasta QP Creme Conditioning shampoo with the Intense and see how the Intense works with another shampoo. After that I want to try the Scalp Stimulating shampoo with my beloved Kenra MC. This will help me figure out what's what.

If I have to I'll use the Scalp Stimulating shampoo and follow it with the a moisturizing shampoo--Creme Conditioning Shampoo. That's what I do with my clarifying shampoo and what I'd do when I used Head & Shoulders for dry scalp.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
[ QUOTE ]
I'll use the Scalp Stimulating shampoo and follow it with the a moisturizing shampoo--Creme Conditioning Shampoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how I use it. I'll lather with it once or twice (love that tingle /images/graemlins/love.gif ) and then lather again with Breakthru or... /images/graemlins/sekret.gif Creme of Nature.

Babygurl

I use the Scalp Stimulating Shampoo to clarify. I lather once with that and my next lather is with Creme Conditioning Shampoo to counteract any dryness.

caress

So maybe this is what I should do because this shampoo seems a bit drying. I thought sodium myreth sulfate was supposed to be a gentle surfactant.

Jewell

I have used this before, and it left my scalp feeling great. Since it is drying, I would only concentrate it on my scalp, but I no longer use it regularly. I may go back to it. SLS, from what I've always understood is harsher than Ammonium Laureth Sulfate.

tri3nity

I use this shampoo then follow with a moisturizing shampoo, use porosity control, then deep condition. This alwways leaves my scalp feeling clean and hair soft and detangled.