Elasticity? I need help.... PLEASE

LadyZ

My hair has no elasticity... it will not stretch when I do a strand test... It breaks... What can I do to help restore the elasticity to it... I am relaxed...
TIA

Leslie_C

My hair has no elasticity... it will not stretch when I do a strand test... It breaks... What can I do to help restore the elasticity to it... I am relaxed...
TIA

BBD stretch is good for that because its a moisturizing reconstructor. Its a little pricey but a little goes a long way and the jar is the size of a jar of cholesterol. It took me months to go thru a jar. I used it as a leave in instead of a deep conditioner bc the results seemed better that way, plus I felt it was continuously working instead of washing it right out since it was pricey. It says u can use it as a leave in on the back of the jar. It is supposed to cost $45 but they have it on ebay for $33

lboogie2679

My hair was the same way. I just started adding moisture like crazy. Moisturizing prepoo, shampoo(CON), and dc. It took about two weeks to see the difference.

Evazhair

I found that collagen helps with this in conditioners. I have had good results from prepooing with vo5 split ends and coconut oil.

LadyZ

BBD stretch is good for that because its a moisturizing reconstructor. Its a little pricey but a little goes a long way and the jar is the size of a jar of cholesterol. It took me months to go thru a jar. I used it as a leave in instead of a deep conditioner bc the results seemed better that way, plus I felt it was continuously working instead of washing it right out since it was pricey. It says u can use it as a leave in on the back of the jar. It is supposed to cost $45 but they have it on ebay for $33
=======================

I do have this...LOL *running to the closet to get it out*

Now, I was planning a doing a CW tomorrow with Charles Worthington Dream Hair moisturizing conditioner... So I can just apply the BBD Stretch to my hair afterwords and roller set and get under the dryer...
Also Do I need to use a moisturizer? or should this be enough?... and should I seal my ends with and oil before roller setting? Thanks for the advise...

I hope it works... Thanks for the advise... My hair is giving me the blues right now... I don't know what it needs... But it seems the moisture thingy is not working, and it tangles so bad in the back, so maybe it needs more protein... IDK

LadyZ

I found that collagen helps with this in conditioners. I have had good results from prepooing with vo5 split ends and coconut oil.
=====
I will have to check and see what products I have with collagen in them.. I am a PJ so I should have something with it in it.. If not I will pick up the VO5 split Ends

Thanks

LadyZ

My hair was the same way. I just started adding moisture like crazy. Moisturizing prepoo, shampoo(CON), and dc. It took about two weeks to see the difference.
====

I have upped my moisture, but it does not seem to be helping it... My hair is rebelling like crazy right now... But I am rebelling right back:grin:... I have a closet full of products to fight with(I am a PJ)

*Muffin*

This may be caused by too much or too little protein in your hair. When your hair is getting too much protein it becomes stiff, rigid, and breaks without stretching. If your hair has too little protein it will break, too. The key is to find the right balance of moisturization and protein. Does your hair feel limp and too soft? If so you should focus more on protein treatments than moisturization. Does your hair feel rough and stiff? If so it probably is getting too much protein and needs moisturization. I hope that I helped.

Leslie_C

=======================

I do have this...LOL *running to the closet to get it out*

Now, I was planning a doing a CW tomorrow with Charles Worthington Dream Hair moisturizing conditioner... So I can just apply the BBD Stretch to my hair afterwords and roller set and get under the dryer...
Also Do I need to use a moisturizer? or should this be enough?... and should I seal my ends with and oil before roller setting? Thanks for the advise...

I hope it works... Thanks for the advise... My hair is giving me the blues right now... I don't know what it needs... But it seems the moisture thingy is not working, and it tangles so bad in the back, so maybe it needs more protein... IDK

LOL u are as bad as me...
Im having hair issues right now too :ohwell:

I would apply a nickel or quarter amount of the bbd first, then add another leave in for slip so u can detangle easily. Maybe a few drops of an oil to the ends, then rollerset. Be extra gentle and take your time rollersetting so u wont rip your hair out lol.

LadyZ

This may be caused by too much or too little protein in your hair. When your hair is getting too much protein it becomes stiff, rigid, and breaks without stretching. If your hair has too little protein it will break, too. The key is to find the right balance of moisturization and protein. Does your hair feel limp and too soft? If so you should focus more on protein treatments than moisturization. Does your hair feel rough and stiff? If so it probably is getting too much protein and needs moisturization. I hope that I helped.

=======

My hair is acting very weird... It is OK until I comb it...it sounds dry and snaps and tangles very easily on the ends... When I moisturize, then it sheds and I get hair all in my hands and sheds even more if I comb it..
It looks great up until a comb tries to go through it(I use the wide tooth Jilbere shower comb)
Funny thing is it feel smooth and soft and hangs great... then as soon as I comb it, It looks like hell:wallbash:... I don't know what is going on with it... It is driving me nuts:spinning::drunk:... I don't know what else to do...

Leslie_C

=======

My hair is acting very weird... It is OK until I comb it...it sounds dry and snaps and tangles very easily on the ends... When I moisturize, then it sheds and I get hair all in my hands and sheds even more if I comb it..
It looks great up until a comb tries to go through it(I use the wide tooth Jilbere shower comb)
Funny thing is it feel smooth and soft and hangs great... then as soon as I comb it, It looks like hell:wallbash:... I don't know what is going on with it... It is driving me nuts:spinning::drunk:... I don't know what else to do...

thats what my hair is doing too! It looks and feels pretty soft but when I handle it or heaven forbid comb it, Im getting hair all over the place...:nono:

LadyZ

thats what my hair is doing too! It looks and feels pretty soft but when I handle it or heaven forbid comb it, I'm getting hair all over the place...:nono:
=====

This is weird...
I don't know what to think or do about it... I have even tried bunning and leaving it alone until next wash time and it still does the same thing... I thought maybe it was just a phase, but I have been fighting this for about a month and it does slow down a Little and then kicks right back up... I have tried garlic and it did not help either.. I tried air drying in a scarf, didn't work either... I am back to roller setting, at least it is smooth and soft afterwords... but combing is not working and it just fizzes or goes completely postal and looks a hot mess:nono:

Leslie_C

=====

This is weird...
I don't know what to think or do about it... I have even tried bunning and leaving it alone until next wash time and it still does the same thing... I thought maybe it was just a phase, but I have been fighting this for about a month and it does slow down a Little and then kicks right back up... I have tried garlic and it did not help either.. I tried air drying in a scarf, didn't work either... I am back to roller setting, at least it is smooth and soft afterwords... but combing is not working and it just fizzes or goes completely postal and looks a hot mess:nono:

I think u are on to something....I blow dried my hair with a ceramic blow dryer on low/medium heat the day I relaxed. I didnt have any shedding or breakage for several days after that...my hair stayed soft and smooth and didnt act up. We might have to use heat in a safe way just to smooth the cuticles and get our hair to calm down...at least temporarily. In a few days Ill rewash and this time Ill dry it and roll it overnight with flexirods (I would set it under the dryer but I dont have one right now). Ill see how that works for the time being. Maybe it is the airdrying our hair isnt liking right now.

LadyZ

LOL u are as bad as me...
Im having hair issues right now too :ohwell:

I would apply a nickel or quarter amount of the bbd first, then add another leave in for slip so u can detangle easily. Maybe a few drops of an oil to the ends, then rollerset. Be extra gentle and take your time rollersetting so u wont rip your hair out lol.

====
Thanks...

I will let you know how it turns out...

SelfStyled

Bingo! A month ago I went through the same thing I had lost elasticity due to over processing(corrective gone wrong), because my hair felt so dry, I was over moisturizing, which made things worse! What helped me was mighty protein-praise the lord. I did weekly protein tx, and I would say by week 3 my hair was actually stretching like it was supposed to do. The 3 steps I followed were wk1 Affirm 5and 1 re constructor, week2 Aphogee 2 min, week3 henna. Best of luck and please let us know what works for you. I think you are over moisturized, hopefully it won't take as many weeks to get you back in balance as it did me.

gymfreak336

Chill out on the protein for a minute and moisutrize your booty off. Product that have helped me maintain and restore elasticity have been ORS Replenishing conditioner, Pantene mask, Aubrey organics moisturizing conditioners and pre pooing with VO5 moisture milks conditioners.

LadyZ

Chill out on the protein for a minute and moisutrize your booty off. Product that have helped me maintain and restore elasticity have been ORS Replenishing conditioner, Pantene mask, Aubrey organics moisturizing conditioners and pre pooing with VO5 moisture milks conditioners.
===

I think I will try one of those... They have a moisturizing mixture with a little protein in it... I tried the VO5 a while back and loved it... I just want to get the balance right again...

Thanks, you always help me out...

lollyoo

i second ors replenishing- it has collagen for elasticity and still moisturises. i deep condition biweekly one is moisturising (AO honeysuckle rose or keracare humecto), the other is ORS replenishing.
And anytime am experiencing breakage it is easy to know issue is protein so i just use ORS mayo (protein tx) on dry hair- one application of this is sufficient.

LadyZ

i second ors replenishing- it has collagen for elasticity and still moisturizes. i deep condition biweekly one is moisturizing (AO honeysuckle rose or KeraCare Humecto), the other is ORS replenishing.
And anytime am experiencing breakage it is easy to know issue is protein so i just use ORS mayo (protein tx) on dry hair- one application of this is sufficient.

===
I had some of this, but I am out right now... I will be picking it up on my next trip to the store... I do think it is a balance thingy... and I need to start stepping it up and using one of your suggested products more frequently, especially when I reach about 4 to 5 weeks post... Thank Ladies.. Your help is deeply appreciated...
I have a moisturizing conditioner by Charles Worthington and it has a little protein in it so I am hoping it will work... I used just a little of the Charles Worthington Leave-in on my dry hair(just to see how my hair felt) and my hair feels like it used to:yep:... So I am hoping to CW tomorrow with it and use it and roller set and hoping to get some good results...

I will keep you posted...
Thank again, for suggesting products to help my moisture/balance... I will be picking some up...