Elucence...Again!

aileendq

Okay, I know I posted about the Moisture Shampoo & Cond., but I ordered the Silk Hydrating Elixir, Volumizing/ Clarifying Shampoo & the Shining Spray, so I wanted to review those as well.

I used the clarifying shampoo (which, by the way, also regulates the ph level of your hair to the correct level) the Moisture Benefit Cond. I rinsed, added the Silk Hydrating Elixir & a little Kiehls Heat Protecting Straightening cream (just a little), with a dab of my Cantu Shea Leave in at the very ends and roller set.

I had the silkiest, shiniest hair I've ever had. I am 6 weeks post relaxer and it looks like I just had a touchup. I've never seen anything like these products.
I had really started to go down the road to convincing myself that the products didn't make a difference, that hair was all about technique. Boy, was I wrong!

That, and here it is two days later and it is STILL shiny and moist. I think this is the stuff that's going to allow me to stretch my relaxers out to four months!

This stuff is THE holy grail or haircare products. I've found my hair product line "soulmate"!!!! :dance7:

star

Good to hear I use the shampoo and conditoner and love it so I am not surprise about there other products. :)

divinefavor

Aileendq - do you have any swing or bounce?

I bought the Moisture Balance Conditioner, shampoo, silk elixir and the wrap foam about a month ago. I haven't really used it again, I think I may have needed to clarify, because I didn't get the same effect as you did. I think I may have also used another line in conjunction with it which may have been the culprit. I may use it again this weekend to see what type of results I get.

jasmin

I love all those items. I've never tried the clarifying. That's on my list.

What hair dryer do you use? I'm not going to attempt rollersetting.

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I haven't tried anything else but the conditioner but I may get the clarifying poo now that you've tempted me...lol. Thanks for the review :)

LiLi

divinefavor said:
Aileendq - do you have any swing or bounce?

I bought the Moisture Balance Conditioner, shampoo, silk elixir and the wrap foam about a month ago. I haven't really used it again, I think I may have needed to clarify, because I didn't get the same effect as you did. I think I may have also used another line in conjunction with it which may have been the culprit. I may use it again this weekend to see what type of results I get.

JMO ... but maybe you should omit the wrapping foam.

aileendq

DivineF:
I was swingalicious and bounciful! I don't have the wrappping foam. I think I get more bounce when I clarify. (Which by the way did NOT strip my hair like Suave clarifying does.)

Faith

I ordered the MBC, the EMRT and the SHE on Sunday and still haven't gotten an order confirmation. The online service SUCKS but I hope I get my products sometime this year

aileendq

Faith,
Where did you order from? I ordered from Pleasant Image and got an e-mail confirmation on the same day.

The UPS Ground service wasn't on time, but it took less than 5 days anyway.

divinefavor

LiLi said:
JMO ... but maybe you should omit the wrapping foam.

LiLi, girl I thought the same thing. Maybe I'll just stick to my Keracare wrapping foam or Silk 2 (which I am thinking about purchasing).

Thanks for the tip!

divinefavor

aileendq said:
DivineF:
I was swingalicious and bounciful! I don't have the wrappping foam. I think I get more bounce when I clarify. (Which by the way did NOT strip my hair like Suave clarifying does.)

Ok...girl, now you're going to cause me to go place an order for the clarifying shampoo. :lol: I have the Suave Clarifying shampoo that I haven't used yet though.

I'm going to give Elucence a few more chances and see what happens. I absolutely loved the way the shampoo and conditioner makes my hair feel.

Do you comb out your curls after the roller set or do you just leave it very curly?

I always do a rollerset with small rollers because I like the strawset look. Although lately I've been putting bigger rollers and then wrapping my hair to get a straighter look to avoid blowdrying, but it doesn't always work for me. :ohwell:

Last edited:

morehairplease

divinefavor said:
LiLi, girl I thought the same thing. Maybe I'll just stick to my Keracare wrapping foam or Silk 2 (which I am thinking about purchasing).

Thanks for the tip!

divinefavor when if you order the silk 2 wrapping foam can you let me know what you think of it?
tia

morehairplease

thanks for the review aileendq!:)

aileendq said:
Okay, I know I posted about the Moisture Shampoo & Cond., but I ordered the Silk Hydrating Elixir, Volumizing/ Clarifying Shampoo & the Shining Spray, so I wanted to review those as well.

I used the clarifying shampoo (which, by the way, also regulates the ph level of your hair to the correct level) the Moisture Benefit Cond. I rinsed, added the Silk Hydrating Elixir & a little Kiehls Heat Protecting Straightening cream (just a little), with a dab of my Cantu Shea Leave in at the very ends and roller set.

I had the silkiest, shiniest hair I've ever had. I am 6 weeks post relaxer and it looks like I just had a touchup. I've never seen anything like these products.
I had really started to go down the road to convincing myself that the products didn't make a difference, that hair was all about technique. Boy, was I wrong!

That, and here it is two days later and it is STILL shiny and moist. I think this is the stuff that's going to allow me to stretch my relaxers out to four months!

This stuff is THE holy grail or haircare products. I've found my hair product line "soulmate"!!!! :dance7:

divinefavor

tishee said:
divinefavor when if you order the silk 2 wrapping foam can you let me know what you think of it?
tia

I sure will let you know Tishee. I just place an order for Elucence Volumizing Clarifying shampoo and treatment. So, I may not purchase the Silk2 until next week. But, let me go to sheldeez to see how much it is, I may end up purchasing on Friday. :grin: But either way I will let you know.

Thattvgirl is my hair twin and she recommended the Silk2 back in July, but I never purchased it. She really likes it!

Mizani_Mrs

I'm soooooo very jealous!! U found your hair product line soul mate and I haven't yet. No fair!!! :grin:

Glad everything's working out for you...i'll order elucence products after i get rid of the products i have.

morehairplease

divinefavor said:
I sure will let you know Tishee. I just place an order for Elucence Volumizing Clarifying shampoo and treatment. So, I may not purchase the Silk2 until next week. But, let me go to sheldeez to see how much it is, I may end up purchasing on Friday. :grin: But either way I will let you know.

Thattvgirl is my hair twin and she recommended the Silk2 back in July, but I never purchased it. She really likes it!

thanks divinefavor! Oh, let me know how the Elucence treatment is also, ;).:D

Faith

aileendq said:
Faith,
Where did you order from? I ordered from Pleasant Image and got an e-mail confirmation on the same day.

The UPS Ground service wasn't on time, but it took less than 5 days anyway.
I ordered from Pleasantimage. Maybe I need to call them cause the online service is sh*t.

natstar

I like the clarifying poo as well. It doesn't strip my hair but it still feels clean. I actually prefer it to the moisture balancing poo ( i have both) but I'm weird like that :) . They are all great products. And ladies, if you do order, try going through naturallycurly.com. The customer service is decent-I receive my products really quick. Also there are discounts at times if you find discount codes on the internet. P.S. try ivillage- I did a few weeks back and I got 20% off my order, which I KNOW I would not receive if I went anywhere else.

bajanplums1

I was disappointed that the silk hydrating elixir is a silicone serum. It does give great results, but I no longer use silicone, I thought it was a daily moisturizer.

But elucence is a great line. I use the MB conditioner as a leave in with KeraCare Foam and a little goes a long way.

lexi08

divinefavor said:

Waht is the name of the Silk 2 foam? I would like to try it too. On the sheeldez website they have 2 types listed.

lexi08

divinefavor said:
The link isn't working, but you should be able to find it by doing a product search.

I did find it, thanks again!! I will probably try this out within the next few months. I am waiting to run out of a few other products first so that I can just place one order. I am such a PJ!

aileendq

divinefavor said:
Do you comb out your curls after the roller set or do you just leave it very curly?

DF: I actually do a Dominican blowout. Rollerset, under the dryer then blowdry the curls out a bit, then wrap and go to bed.

I started rollersetting last December. It didn't come out too great at first, but of all the things I have learned from this forum (I found LHCF last December), rollersetting rather than blowdrying is one of the BEST things I learned. I've preserved a lot of length because of it. AND, I can now rollerset to the point that it looks shinier, silkier and bouncier than when I blowdry.
I do use the smaller curlers sometimes, but I haven't mastered the technique of stretching out the curls so that they hang nicely, or the technique of sleeping on the curls so that they don't get deformed. Plus, my hair is still short enough that they don't hang nicely.

divinefavor

aileendq said:
divinefavor said:

DF: I actually do a Dominican blowout. Rollerset, under the dryer then blowdry the curls out a bit, then wrap and go to bed.

I started rollersetting last December. It didn't come out too great at first, but of all the things I have learned from this forum (I found LHCF last December), rollersetting rather than blowdrying is one of the BEST things I learned. I've preserved a lot of length because of it. AND, I can now rollerset to the point that it looks shinier, silkier and bouncier than when I blowdry.
I do use the smaller curlers sometimes, but I haven't mastered the technique of stretching out the curls so that they hang nicely, or the technique of sleeping on the curls so that they don't get deformed. Plus, my hair is still short enough that they don't hang nicely.

Thanks so much for the explanation! Do you you use the round brush when doing that? Is the dryer set to low or high? I have the smaller rollerset techique down pretty good. You can view the pictures in the post for the Atlanta meeting. I need to learn how to do it with the bigger rollers and still having the same silky and bouncy affect as with the blow dryer. What size rollers are using/brand?

Sorry for all of the questions.