Emu Oil - Good for hair?

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Hey everyone, this is my first thread and I wanted to know more about this Emu Oil that I've been hearing about lately. I did a search in this forum and mostly found it to be useful for the skin, but I've also heard that it was good for hair as well. Anyone use it for their hair and if so, can it be used as a good moisturizer? Sorry if this has been referenced before - I'm a newbie and want to get more info about this type of oil before I try it out. Thanks :)

Jas123

The Star of a Story
lovenharmony said:
Hey everyone, this is my first thread and I wanted to know more about this Emu Oil that I've been hearing about lately. I did a search in this forum and mostly found it to be useful for the skin, but I've also heard that it was good for hair as well. Anyone use it for their hair and if so, can it be used as a good moisturizer? Sorry if this has been referenced before - I'm a newbie and want to get more info about this type of oil before I try it out. Thanks :)
All I can advise is that I love it for my face..makes it smooth & clear & bright..it's too expensiive for me to use on hair..so I stick to safflower/olive oil for hair..cheap, simple & natural

beana

I use as my sole styling aid and love it! It adds shine and my hair is always soft and non-greasy feeling. I use it on my scalp 1x a week 2 days before wash day too.

guesswho

Hi and welcome:) I love emu oil, I use the ultra emu oil, I use it on my face, emu oil is great it penetrates many layers of your skin it's sometimes use as a carrier oil, I mix emu oil with shea butter and jojoba oil and put it in my scalp and hair I then put on a plastic cap and sit under the dryer it's extremely moisturizing, there is alot of different versions of emu oil but after trying out a few I'm stuck with the ultra emu oil, although it's pretty expensive but so worth it, I got a 16oz of ultra emu for 85.00 a little goes a long way, fnwl.com, I've also read that folks mix it with sulfer to promote growth hth:)