Emu oil

carmella25

Does anyone use emu oil for hot oil treatments to add to you shampoo or to add in you deep conditioner. This stuff works so good. Your hair comes out feeling so soft and the when your combing your hair in the shower with this stuff on after a deep conditioning treatment it slip right through like nothing. I love this stuff. And my skin to it works so great you guys should give it a try some time!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

I use Emu oil but very sparingly in hot oil treatments. I mainly use it for cuts, scrapes, bruises and painful joints. It works wonders /images/graemlins/smile.gif

fletgee

I really like this stuff and buy it by the quart. I use it from head to toe. It has replaced shea butter for me. And my skin and joints love it too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OneShinyface

I use it in a mixture with jojoba, castor and grapeseed oils, along with glycerin and spray it on my scalp. I mostly use it when my husband feels he just can't handle the rosemary-sage-cedarwood mixture that I have.

adrienne0914

i know it's really great for the skin and hair. i just can't mentally get past what it is. /images/graemlins/frown.gif i'll just take my chances with some other ones...

adrienne

VALLEYGIRL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
i just can't mentally get past what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is it?

Valleygirl

adrienne0914

i'll just post this, which describes how the emu oil is... collected:
Briefly, once the fat is separated from the carcass, the hide is removed from the fatty tissue and the fat is then ground and melted for the recovery of the crude oil. In some cases the hide is left on the fat and ground all together. The resulting crude oil is then processed for any remaining meat residues or other fine solids by centrifugation or filtration.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i'm not a vegetarian, but i have a problem using this oil purely for cosmetic purposes when there are others that may work just as well... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif no offense to anyone that uses it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

Allandra

adrienne0914 said:
no, i'm not a vegetarian, but i have a problem using this oil purely for cosmetic purposes when there are others that may work just as well... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif no offense to anyone that uses it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
D I T T O ! Which is why I've never purchased any, and never will.

Integrity

adrienne0914 said:
i'll just post this, which describes how the emu oil is... collected:
Briefly, once the fat is separated from the carcass, the hide is removed from the fatty tissue and the fat is then ground and melted for the recovery of the crude oil. In some cases the hide is left on the fat and ground all together. The resulting crude oil is then processed for any remaining meat residues or other fine solids by centrifugation or filtration.

[/ QUOTE ]

that kinda churns my stomach as well, beautiful birds, poor things, i will just stick to the plant oils. i love jojoba /images/graemlins/smile.gif

lala

I use a small amount of it in my hair oil blend. It's good for sore muscles also.