Encouragement Thread...

loolalooh

This is a re-post that never gets old ...

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Proverbs 4:6-9 “Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor.”

kila82

Don't know if this has been posted before but I LOVE this story!!!

One day I decided to quit…
I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality… I wanted to quit my life.
I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
“God”, I asked, “Can you give me one good reason not to quit?”

His answer surprised me…
“Look around”, He said. “Do you see the fern and the bamboo?”
“Yes”, I replied.
“When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.
I gave them light.
I gave them water.
The fern quickly grew from the earth.
Its brilliant green covered the floor.
Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. He said.
“In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.
But I would not quit.
In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. I would
not quit.” He said.
“Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared
to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant…But just 6
months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.
It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive.
I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle.”
He asked me. “Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots”.
“I would not quit on the bamboo.
I will never quit on you.”
“Don’t compare yourself to others.”
He said.
“The bamboo had a different Purpose than the fern.
Yet they both make the forest beautiful.”
“Your time will come”, God said to me.
“You will rise high”
“How high should I rise?”
I asked.
“How high will the bamboo rise?” He asked in return.
“As high as it can?” I questioned.
“Yes.” He said, “Give me glory by rising as high as you can.”
I hope these words can help you see that God will never give up on you.
Never, Never, Never Give up.
For the Christian Prayer is not an option but an opportunity.
Don’t tell the Lord how big the problem is,
tell the problem how Great the Lord is!

Laela

Beautiful story; that admonition is Golden...

If God made me a bamboo, a bamboo I be.

Don't know if this has been posted before but I LOVE this story!!!

One day I decided to quit…
I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality… I wanted to quit my life.
I went to the woods to have one last talk with God.
“God”, I asked, “Can you give me one good reason not to quit?”

His answer surprised me…
“Look around”, He said. “Do you see the fern and the bamboo?”
“Yes”, I replied.
“When I planted the fern and the bamboo seeds, I took very good care of them.
I gave them light.
I gave them water.
The fern quickly grew from the earth.
Its brilliant green covered the floor.
Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful.
And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo. He said.
“In year three there was still nothing from the bamboo seed.
But I would not quit.
In year four, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. I would
not quit.” He said.
“Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared
to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant…But just 6
months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall.
It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive.
I would not give any of my creations a challenge it could not handle.”
He asked me. “Did you know, my child, that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots”.
“I would not quit on the bamboo.
I will never quit on you.”
Don’t compare yourself to others.”
He said.
“The bamboo had a different Purpose than the fern.
Yet they both make the forest beautiful.”
“Your time will come”, God said to me.
“You will rise high”
“How high should I rise?”
I asked.
“How high will the bamboo rise?” He asked in return.
“As high as it can?” I questioned.
“Yes.” He said, “Give me glory by rising as high as you can.”
I hope these words can help you see that God will never give up on you.
Never, Never, Never Give up.
For the Christian Prayer is not an option but an opportunity.
Don’t tell the Lord how big the problem is,
tell the problem how Great the Lord is!

kila82

Laela said:
Beautiful story; that admonition is Golden...

If God made me a bamboo, a bamboo I be.

I loved it too and it's sooo true! We may be living right and feel like it's for nothing when all the while our roots were growing making us strong and able to withstand the worse! Then once out roots are deep people will start to see our growth just like when the bamboo starts to show above ground then sprout rapidly :)

LifeafterLHCF

I want to share something. It may seem weird or scary but it was quite encouraging for me at the time. While I was a practicing makeup or mua I met a photographer. He was a great man and a great husband. He and his wife which he adorned so much really tried to live the life of what God called a marriage to be. On one night they were with another couple and the convo turned to God. The photographer began testifying and told the couple who were pretty much athethist that they need to get their life in order that life isn't going to last always.

Well he was standing up while saying all this. Once he did the couple was sorta like ok we get it but..the photographer dropped dead immediately after witnessing to them. The couple began to start praying immediately as well. The photographer by most thought oh he is a big guy so just had a heartache or something. He was checked and there were no traces of anything that was health related. His wife believed that her husband's purpose was complete and therefore it was time to go home.

I encourage all of you to dig deeper and make sure you are doing all you can on your mission that your here for. God uses the seemingly horrid accidents or incidents like shootings to get glory. It seems sad but God allowed it therefore God knows how this can enrich the kingdom. Not everything will be sweet and nice. In some of the most horrid situations I have been able to see the good in it. For instance if you have ever been abused which was horrid God will get glory from it because you will be sensitive to a abuse victim.

Take courage ladies in knowing he that started a good work in you will complete it. The completion may mean a happy ever after or not but it will be a victory either here or in heaven.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
When you don’t know your significance, you will pawn yourself off to anyone or anything, searching for something God has already given you. - TD Jakes

Whatever follows the words 'I am' will come looking for you - Joel Osteen

Leigh

Proverbs 3:5

5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him,
and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes:
fear the Lord, and depart from evil.
8 It shall be health to thy navel,
and marrow to thy bones.

ToyToy

I just wanted to share something I shared with a friend of mine a couple of days ago - something I realised just recently:

It's when we are going through the fire that we really feel the sweetness of God (I have no other way of describing this feeling) IF we allow Him. I realised that it was when I was going through really rough times was when I felt God the most. Especially when it was a journey that He set me on.

There's something about God taking you through a journey and using it to mature you. You begin to see Him differently, because each time He takes you through something, you get to know Him from a new perspective.

I can say this because I have been through things, and I'm going through stuff now, but it is times like these that I realise how much I love Him.

So I just wanted to encourage someone out there - if you're going through something, and you just don't understand what's happening, just know that God does. And all He wants in this time is for you to get closer to Him. And when you allow Him, it's the sweetest experience (again - I have no other description for it). If you can do that, that peace you feel is indescribable, and everything else will fall into place (Matthew 6:33).

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Laela

Psalm 103:2-6
Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed.

Laela

"When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced.
Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice"Native American proverb

Last edited:

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
The way Tony Evans relayed this story really touched me, here's the entire video for anyone who is interested (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrATAsm51LU&list=FLCGCiWdoub0g88w2Q7C_0eQ&index=246). Here's the part that really touched me, I'll paraphrase:

Often times we forget why God created us humans. 1/3 of the angels betrayed Him, so God created us humans as lesser beings compared to the angels to make a point: I cannot do anything with strong beings without faith, but with weaker beings with an abiding faith, I can do abundant things.

Happy 2014 ladies!