ended my 10 month stretch!!!!!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
last april i had to trim 3 damaged inches from my hair. it was the hardest three inches i ever had to cut because i had finally hit a long term goal and my hair was thriving until i tried a growth aid that caused me a setback.

since then i have been hiding my hair, deep conditioning, staying away from direct heat as much as possible so that my hair can catch up. my only goal has been to retain, retain, retain.

[URL=http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/uu346/havilland_photos/?action=view&current=april2010.jpg]
[/URL]
april 2010

[URL=http://s662.photobucket.com/albums/uu346/havilland_photos/?action=view&current=february2011back.jpg]
[/URL]
february 2011

Last edited:

D.Lisha

great growth girl :)
I'd like to know what caused the set back as well.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Long Hair Care Forum App

freshlikemoi

Nice! Your hair looks great. I'm in the process of a 6 month stretch. I use my sulfur growth aid, so I would love to know which product you received your setback from.

havilland

Well done!!
What growth aid caused you a set back?

megatek --- i know megatek has had great results for others and i am not against it, nor do i bad mouth it's results for others. it just didn't work for my hair. i WISH it had worked for me.:ohwell:

andromeda

Your ends are on point. Beautiful head of hair!

I've heard people spin the term"setback" as a "setup for a comeback" - I think that summarizes your progress nicely. :yep:

Aireen

Your growth looks fabulous regardless of the setback. Besides this time you'll be growing your hair with healthy ends and you know what NOT to do. Congratulations on your 10 month stretch, it looks fabulous. :grin:

havilland

You did a great job! How did you hide your hair? Buns, wigs or weaves?

summer - i hide my hair half the year with weaves, leaving out a very very small amount of hair in the front....i braid the rest up.

winter - i wear half wigs with my hair braided underneath. i wear a silk scarf under the wig and usually wear a silk headband so i have no hair out.

bellebebe

megatek --- i know megatek has had great results for others and i am not against it, nor do i bad mouth it's results for others. it just didn't work for my hair. i WISH it had worked for me.:ohwell:
Me too... It caused sooo much shedding for me. :-(

Bnster

Outstanding and your hair looks so healthy and love the shine! HHJ!
Sorry the MT didn't work for and caused a setback.

havilland

Outstanding and your hair looks so healthy and love the shine! HHJ!
Sorry the MT didn't work for and caused a setback.

i was sooooo bummed about the megatek. since my hair loves protein,i thought it would be a no brainer. :nono: