EU LADIES - USEFUL INFO & LINKS

^^^ I can't wait! I wanna try the Black Shampoo.

Does anyone know where I can order MyHoneyChild's Buttery Soy Creme? Trust me to get my hands on the Creme a few weeks ago, all ready to order from British Curlies and they have sold out. I emailed them and they said they don't know when they would have it in stock.

Sent from my iPod Touch using LHCF Baby!

So far only british curlies, I love that butter!!! i want to othe r te black soap shampoo as well for clarifying!

Answered my own query.:grin:

Did a search and found a Black hair online shop from Germany which sells the product for a few pounds more than British Curlies (if you take the cheaper shipping).

YES!

xomonaijax

Gidore has the SheaMoisture Yucca and Baobab range now. Also the black soap range (not sure if that is what it's called). They've also put their prices down.

http://www.gidore.com/manufacturer/8-sheamoisture.aspx

Yes I really hope it is a decent price. Yes I noticed that also. It's Dee btw I finally joined. I hope you are well. Will you come to the Multitextures event now Naturally United is cancelled thanks for the heads up also. xx

British Curlies finally priced the SheaMoisture - not bad! Maximum price is £10.99.

I hope there is stock left when I am ready to purchase!

g.lo

British Curlies finally priced the SheaMoisture - not bad! Maximum price is £10.99.

I hope there is stock left when I am ready to purchase!

wel, just bought the blacksoap shampoo!:grin:

lilyofthenile

Yes I really hope it is a decent price. Yes I noticed that also. It's Dee btw I finally joined. I hope you are well. Will you come to the Multitextures event now Naturally United is cancelled thanks for the heads up also. xx

Hey Dee, check out BC, they have the SM range at a good price now!

Yep yep will be going to the Multitextures, can't wait to see you there x

Embyra

Sunrise Thanks again for posting that devada website selling syntonics they now have the stuff i wanted in stock and it arrived today:grin:

IsabisBeauty

Celebrity Hair Stylist Shares Haircare Knowledge in Europe/UK March 31, April 1, April 5.

Ladies! Are you having issues with your haircare regimen? Do you ask yourself these haircare questions:

• Help! My hair is either one thing or another.
• My products are either too light or too heavy; or too greasy or too drying. What should I do?
• Are you a parent with a child of mixed race and are struggling to find a regime or products that work?
• My curl pattern is so varied, I donʼt know where to start. How do I deal with this?
Well ladies..lock in March 31st, April 1st or April 5th into your iCalendar, Blackberry, iPhone and Androids!

Hair expert Felicia Leatherwood( responsible for your favorite hair styles on Jill Scott,Anthony Anderson, and Will Smith to name a few) is stopping by London, Paris, and Amsterdam to spread her love and knowledge of haircare for women with multi-textured hair. This will be a workshop to remember! Be prepared to learn a lot..not to mention you'll go home with lots of goodies from Shea Moisture and Jane Carter Solution.Isabis Beauty will also be in London so you don't want to miss fabulous our gift bags and new products to to try.

Here a few highlights for what's to come:
- Hair care maintenance the natural way
- Demos of various natural hair styles and updo’s
- Easy style Demonstrations
- Learn how to love your hair and not curse it!
- We are what we eat and that includes our hair…
- Understanding of what type of hair you are working with “What’s on your Head?”
- Q&A: What Should I Do With This Hair?
- The importance of nurturing mind, body (including your hair!) and spirit.
- Learn how to take good care of mixed textured hair & what products work best for it.
- How should you care for your little one's hair?
- Fabulous Swag Bag Giveaways & so much more!

Felicia Leatherwood Doing What She Does Best!
Check out her talented work here:http://www.lovingyourhairworkshop.com/gallery/

Grab your tickets before they sell out!
London- www.londonnaturalhair.eventbrite.com
Paris - www.parisnaturalhairacademy.eventbrite.com
Amsterdam - www.amsterdamnaturals.eventbrite.com

We have our ticket..clear your calendar and get yours too!
See you there.

claud-uk

Pak Cosmetics - www.pakcosmetics.com

Really cheap store sells most everthing, with £5 for delivery. I order online once a month and the order turns up within 2 days every time.

xomonaijax

Original Moxie is now available (It has been for a few weeks now) a
http://www.blackandbrown.eu

I want to try the Just Gel if it is the sample pack in the natural hair event on the 13th (naturallyunited) of May I will be happy. Or if it is given away in a big bottle even better. I may try a sample first an then see how it goes. If any one on here is going to this event let me know.

fairyhairy

umm I think I have just found a Dominican salon in London, seriously need a trim so I am going to be a guinea pig and see how it goes, seeing as I'm thinking about big chopping again (lol being saying it forever) I don't mind but I have a feeling its going to be great positive attitude = positive results

Fab79

fairyhairy - lets us know if they do dominican blowouts and how much, and how your service is with them

what part of london are they in

looking forward to your results

fairyhairy

ok so
The good:
The lady was really friendly
its really close to the station and in south london - so good for me lol
for a Dominican blowout and trim it cost £30 - really good price

unfortunately that's where it ends

The bad:

The salon was rough around the edges and exposed wire hanging down by the sink - why is this relevant? umm health and safety

some random chick was in the salon i assume the salon mangers friend who was getting her done whilst doing another clients hair rather random

The brushes and combs not clean - was in a rush so forgot to bring my own
( lol I am wary and usually prepared just in case)
so I had to ask her to wash them because they were full of hair - gross, also had to ask her to rinse out the sink which was full of hair

I was really looking forward to getting really good results but the manner in which she was detangling my hair with a paddle brush had me relived I was cutting my hair anyway
but the sound of that ripping through my hair, I was not happy at all

when it came to roller setting because my hair wasn't properly detangled it was hard as she used a fine tooth comb to part and smooth my hair:nono: I had to get her to stop because my head was hurting - but like I said guinea pig

my hair wasn't wet enough either so it wasn't set smooth in the first instance so when I came out the dryer it was poofy as well as still damp
blowdrying hurt a she started with a small round brush then a bigger one which was not clean from hair

once my hair was "straight" I just got her to take off about 4inches, lol not sure if its even - stopped caring at this point just wanted out

so after a disappointing session this is what i ended up with
soft but not very sleek hair ( spoiled by youtube vidoes maybe?)

considering I made sure I deep conditioned before i went with my own steamer at home for a good hour and detangled with my magic rake, my mistake was to let her wash my hair again which just led to re-tangling

If i were to go again I would go with my own tools and make sure that my hair was really wet when rolling

to be honest, she has only being operating for 2 months and she is so nice that I really want her to succeed, so if anyone wants to be guinea pig 2 and let us know your experiences it may be better, just take your own tools!

melissa-bee

Goodness. I can't believe you had to tell her to clean out the comb and sink. you could of achieved that look at home. My hair used to look like that when I blowdried my hair back in the days with the comb attachment. I would have been pissed. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using LHCF

fairyhairy

Well its all trial and error, I have to say now that simply the UK sucks for good salons that manage different hair types - the salon i envisage is a mythical place, when I next go to the NYC i think i will suck up the price and go to Miss Jessies salon,

temfash

Well its all trial and error, I have to say now that simply the UK sucks for good salons that manage different hair types - the salon i envisage is a mythical place, when I next go to the NYC i think i will suck up the price and go to Miss Jessies salon,

WOW your experience sounds like something out of a horrible horror movie/nightmare :spike: I think I'll just have to stick to the DIY route for the forseeable future :lol:

fairyhairy

I really need to learn to do my own hair well, am even considering taking some kind of class - because I just can't anymore, lol I watch youtube videos and never quite get the technique right, and part of it is also patience and time which I don't always have

melissa-bee

Aww, fairyhairy how long have you been natural for?
I know how you feel.
I thought that I had gotten the hang of my hair and I realise that all I know is how to keep it moisturised and put it in a bun. Style wise I don't know much. I'm still waiting for my hair to grow out a bit before I start experimenting with braid outs more.
I don't really think you can take a "class" on your hair. Everyone's hair is different so someone else's technique might not work on your hair. You have to master your own hair no one else can really teach you.
Is it just styling that you need help with or products as well. I could suggest stuff for products because we have similar hair types.

fairyhairy

lol i meant a class on styling techniques - :lol: if there was a class on my hair type i'd be there with a quickness

3 years roughly

Instead of me making a new thread I thought I'll plonk this here...

Dove have a new line for curly hair which I came across yesterday. I manage to order the mask from Boots but now they are sold out. May still be able to find it in store though.

Review

Last edited: