Ever thougt about losing your sex appeal due to your hair style?

Discussion in 'Hair Loss' started by mili, Apr 15, 2009.

1. mili

mili New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello Ladies:

Recently I have been a little down on myself, and Totally BORED with my hairstyle (a bun with a black hair band and bangs) I am a fine haired natural 3-abc combination with curls the size of a #2 pencil, current length is a little longer than APL; It takes me 2-3 hours minimum to press /flat iron my hair (not something I have the time luxury to do always, and only to have it revert to a puffy Chaka Kahn status in a few hours)

I have recently considered doing a texlax again after having promised myself to NOT EVER do any type of chemical perm services to my hair again, I also considered wigs.... not wanting to do anything super drastic to my hair, PLEASE HELP any suggestions to SPICE it up would be appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Mili

2. cutiepiebabygirl

cutiepiebabygirl Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    bump! I look like a librarian with my pinup and glasses everyday!

3. Hairsnob

Hairsnob Deep Thinker

Blog Posts:
    Hi!

I know exactly how you feel!! I'd go with a half wig to change up. It's the easiest thing to do and serves as a protective style also. You don't have to go drastic with a different length but just a different curl will make you feel better. :yep:

I like half wigs with a natural curl pattern that I can match with the front of my own. I absolutely HATE to see obvious curl pattern differences on a lot of the half wiggies I've seen.

Good luck!

4. likewtr4chklit

likewtr4chklit New Member

Blog Posts:
    You could try wigs or 1/2 wigs, you could add accesories to your buns (cute buttons and clips, or even a flower pin), you could try repositioning your bun (on the side of your head on the top), you could also twist you hair at night at let out in the morning (if you are going for a protective style you can pin it up real cute with some hair accessories). Girl the possibilites are endless.

5. blksndrlla

blksndrlla Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    this is the reason i am getting a sew-in tomorrow...sigh.

6. clarity2008

clarity2008 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Please try Sabino Moisture Block. Before you blow dry and flat iron add a small amount and distribute it evenly. It really stops your hair from reverting. I LOVE IT! It's worth a try. Do a few searches for it...you'll see.:yep:

ETA- I'm sure you look just as beautiful with your hair curly or straight. You can rock both styles and that's hot lol

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  7. MissMeWithThatIsh

MissMeWithThatIsh New Member

Blog Posts:
    I WISH I had your curl pattern; it sounds amazing!
    Anywhoo... I feel the same way.

I'm tempted to go the chemical route again. The BKT, while intriguing, sounds like a lot of work to do on myself.

8. blasiancurlie

blasiancurlie New Member

Blog Posts:
    any reason why you won't wear your hair curly??? sounds like you have a great curl pattern/texture. just do a simple wash n' go!

9. lilsparkle825

lilsparkle825 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I came in here to say the same thing! I'm 3c/4a and all I wear is WNGs and puffs...as long as I don't go too many days in a row without cowashing it doesn't tangle up. I also have a few wigs and half wigs for the days when I am in that "I need to put my hair away" mode...a bob style wig, a synthetic LF that I wear with hats, and a 3a/b curly half wig.

10. ladytee2

ladytee2 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I totally understand where you are coming from. I never wore my hair in its natural state before finding LHCF. I have never been longer than SL and my hair shrinks up to natural fro when it dries. I have only used heat since being here 3 times. I am learning love my curls. I still dont know the difference between a ponytail and a bun. I have been whereing my hair in the style I got off curlynikki that she posted of natuarl leslie. And get alot of compliments. I dry in twist and do 3-6 twist every night before bed so my curl pattern does show. I plan to do cowashing, twist and twistouts through the summer. I think to each his own. If you dont like whereing it curly then become a rollersetting queen. Or get you a really good flat iron and some sabino. But whatever you do remember you are not your hair and we have to learn feel sexy from within. Thats just my 2cents.

11. Nightingale

Nightingale On the Grow and Keeping it Semi-DIY

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    My hair hasn't made me feel sexy in awhile, but I won't start styling it until I reach MBL.