Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

Desert Skye

Crazy hair. I had a bad day. That's all I got to say.

Lisa

YIKES!! I'm almost 17 months natural and I've been chopping off my relaxed in (noticed I said I've been doing it so it looks crazy anyway). I knew my hair was thin but I'm just figuring out how freaking thin my hair actually is! Plus my hair has NEVER Been This SHORT!!! My mother told me my head was too big for short hair (LOL) I wish she was still around so I could tell her she ain't never lied!!! I decided to try a wash in go since I wasn't going anywhere and BABY let me tell you it will be some time before I leave the house looking like this! But since I feel like we are all family here maybe some one can tell me what I can do in the in between grow out time! As you can tell I still haven't cut off all of the relaxed ends but I'm almost there!!! The only problem my hair is So SHORT!! I look crazy!!! And I don't know what to do with it!

Enough with the chitter chatter let me muster up some courage and show the crazy hair pictures!! I washed my hair around 7 AM with Yes to carrots and then I put some Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Creme on it in the shower and I let it air dry. It was around 6 PM my hair had dried but I was cooking and starting to sweat so I decided to take some picture before my hair turned on me (LOL)

Ladies any suggestions for my hair???? I usually do a roller set because that at least shows a little more length and volume. I would love to do a wash-in go because I'm so tired of sleeping in rollers!!!! My braid outs and twist outs never turn out right. Maybe next week I will post some of those ridiculous pictures!! They are actually worse than these!!

Just wanted to add that I took a nap after cooking and my hair flatten out so tried to fluff my hair out to give it more volume and it didn't work! I lost all definition! It looked like it tried to put a comb through my hair it frizzed all over the place!!! Maybe next time I will just use Eco Styler Gel because the Miss Jessie's didn't do anything thing to stretch out the hair but I couldn't get rid of the gel cast without it frizzing (maybe it didn't work because I sweated on it before I tried to fluff...even if it had dried again before fluffing)

You ladies look so cute!! Any advice for this mop of mine?

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
@Lisa wow beautiful hair fam!!!!

You have a lot of it too.
As you know, shrinkage is too real. Lol.

Are you open to flat twists?

I ask because I've noticed that on me, flat twists show my length better than the traditional twist/braidout in the "early" stages.
When my hair is longer (2+ yrs) I can do twist/braidouts with similar results to a flat
twist out. I still prefer flat twistouts because they are faster to do for me.

Wash and goes with shorter lengths shrink to a level 2 twa on me too... and my texture is a 4b, so it looks like I just big chopped all over again when I wash and go.

Lisa

@Lisa wow beautiful hair fam!!!!

You have a lot of it too.
As you know, shrinkage is too real. Lol.

Are you open to flat twists?

I ask because I've noticed that on me, flat twists show my length better than the traditional twist/braidout in the "early" stages.
When my hair is longer (2+ yrs) I can do twist/braidouts with similar results to a flat
twist out. I still prefer flat twistouts because they are faster to do for me.

Wash and goes with shorter lengths shrink to a level 2 twa on me too... and my texture is a 4b, so it looks like I just big chopped all over again when I wash and go.

Hi Yaya! Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go to YouTube and look at some tutorials for flat twist. I always thought a twist out and flat twists were the same thing but now I see the flat twists are more like a french braid (only with 2 strands instead of 3). Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try it (I'm so tired of rollers I could SCREAM)! Do you do it on wet or dry hair? I recently watched Mo Knows Hair using Camille Rose Naturals and I ordered some (OK! So I order every thing she used in the tutorial...yeah I'm a soft touch :giggle:). What do you use for your flat twist?

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Yay! I found out about the ease of flat twistouts back when Nikki Mae blogged about it on naturalchica.com and never looked back.
I do them on damp hair previously stretched hair. I use Camille Rose Almond Jai twisting butter then layer on some curls Goddess Curls botanical gelle. Ive tried a few products and this combo works really well for me.
Hi Yaya! Thanks for the reply. I'm going to go to YouTube and look at some tutorials for flat twist. I always thought a twist out and flat twists were the same thing but now I see the flat twists are more like a french braid (only with 2 strands instead of 3). Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try it (I'm so tired of rollers I could SCREAM)! Do you do it on wet or dry hair? I recently watched Mo Knows Hair using Camille Rose Naturals and I ordered some (OK! So I order every thing she used in the tutorial...yeah I'm a soft touch :giggle:). What do you use for your flat twist?

IronButterfly

YIKES!! I'm almost 17 months natural and I've been chopping off my relaxed in (noticed I said I've been doing it so it looks crazy anyway). I knew my hair was thin but I'm just figuring out how freaking thin my hair actually is! Plus my hair has NEVER Been This SHORT!!! My mother told me my head was too big for short hair (LOL) I wish she was still around so I could tell her she ain't never lied!!! I decided to try a wash in go since I wasn't going anywhere and BABY let me tell you it will be some time before I leave the house looking like this! But since I feel like we are all family here maybe some one can tell me what I can do in the in between grow out time! As you can tell I still haven't cut off all of the relaxed ends but I'm almost there!!! The only problem my hair is So SHORT!! I look crazy!!! And I don't know what to do with it!

Enough with the chitter chatter let me muster up some courage and show the crazy hair pictures!! I washed my hair around 7 AM with Yes to carrots and then I put some Miss Jessie's Stretch Silkening Creme on it in the shower and I let it air dry. It was around 6 PM my hair had dried but I was cooking and starting to sweat so I decided to take some picture before my hair turned on me (LOL)

Ladies any suggestions for my hair???? I usually do a roller set because that at least shows a little more length and volume. I would love to do a wash-in go because I'm so tired of sleeping in rollers!!!! My braid outs and twist outs never turn out right. Maybe next week I will post some of those ridiculous pictures!! They are actually worse than these!!

Just wanted to add that I took a nap after cooking and my hair flatten out so tried to fluff my hair out to give it more volume and it didn't work! I lost all definition! It looked like it tried to put a comb through my hair it frizzed all over the place!!! Maybe next time I will just use Eco Styler Gel because the Miss Jessie's didn't do anything thing to stretch out the hair but I couldn't get rid of the gel cast without it frizzing (maybe it didn't work because I sweated on it before I tried to fluff...even if it had dried again before fluffing)

You ladies look so cute!! Any advice for this mop of mine?

I don't know what you are looking at in the mirror, but these photos look gorgeous! I would die to have curls like you have. Personally, I think since this is your first time having hair this short, it's going to take a minute for your brain to translate to your eyes how pretty your hair really is. If I were you, I'd just keep cutting off those relaxed ends and taking care of the rest. Give yourself some time to get used to the "new" you.

Lisa

I don't know what you are looking at in the mirror, but these photos look gorgeous! I would die to have curls like you have. Personally, I think since this is your first time having hair this short, it's going to take a minute for your brain to translate to your eyes how pretty your hair really is. If I were you, I'd just keep cutting off those relaxed ends and taking care of the rest. Give yourself some time to get used to the "new" you.

Thank you IronButterly! That is very nice of you to say.

CluelessJL

Please excuse the bad photo, weird angle and poor lighting! :drunk:

This is what my hair's doing at the moment after I leave it in two or three flat twists overnight. The top few inches are very under processed & new growth and have a nice wave. The middle kind of falls out and goes pretty straight. And the last few inches diligently curl :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20151019_215858.jpg
    20151019_215858.jpg
    736.7 KB · Views: 172

Caramel74

BTW Ladies....There's an LHCF App available for Android and iPhone!!!! This is how the ladies are posting on the go. :grin:

I remember during my agressive hair growing days, I thought my hair would look great all the time and should feel great all the time based on what I saw in some of my hair idols pics. I only saw glamour pics, not the everyday hair pics.

If my Hair didn't look a certain way or feel like the way some of the ladies hair looked, I thought I may be doing something wrong.

The reality...some days are better than others but most days my hair is not glamourous.

So post your everyday hair...ponytails, buns, braidouts, flat ironed, nappy, pretty, crazy, and everything in between....

I'm stretching to manage the new growth so I straighten my hair but i cant seem to control the nap in the back...oh well...lol.

Congratulations on your new growth! :toocool::D

Most days I don't look very glamorous either. My hair is always in a wet bun. So this pic is right now but it's a little manipulated. My hair is very tight fine curls. I let it air dry 80%, then I use my hands to stretch it out (not going all the way through) and use the blow dryer about 6 inches from my hair (so it's not direct heat). And this picture is the next day after sleeping with it in a bun. I have to let it loose and wear it down and allow it to be dry because a constant wet bun is not good to do and is also emotionally distressing.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• Long Hair Care Forum 26 Oct 15.png
    Long Hair Care Forum 26 Oct 15.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 507

Caramel74

Please excuse the bad photo, weird angle and poor lighting! :drunk:

This is what my hair's doing at the moment after I leave it in two or three flat twists overnight. The top few inches are very under processed & new growth and have a nice wave. The middle kind of falls out and goes pretty straight. And the last few inches diligently curl :rolleyes:

Wow, it's really long! :)

Caramel74

for Lisa,
You could have some hair extensions braided in for now. Not the ones that will damage your hair, just simply hair braided in to about shoulder length. My friend did that and she got some good length in a matter of months, plus you'll feel good while it's growing.

CluelessJL

Last night I used a curling iron to straighten my hair and curl the ends for a fancy work event - first time I've used the iron in months. Threw it in a loose ponytail overnight and this is how it's looking this morning (sorry for the hotel barhroom shot!). Love how long it looks!

Attachments

• 20151030_103632.jpg
    20151030_103632.jpg
    586.6 KB · Views: 506

GGsKin

Ok I am excited now I've finally got this thing on my head. I had to rebraid my hair to make it fit. Now just to overcome the crusties lol...my new kinky straight lace wig!. 18" but I've cut face framing layers. I've tweaked a fair bit. This is the hair after 4 bantu knots. ETA: extra light density, graduating to light.

2015-10-31_14.11.13.jpg

Attachments

• 2015-10-31_14.12.54.jpg
    2015-10-31_14.12.54.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:

Lisa

Ok I am excited now I've finally got thus thing on my head. I had to rebraid my hair to make it fit. Now just to overcome the crusties lol...my new kinky straight lace wig!. 18" but I've cut face framing layers. I've tweaked a fair bit. This is the hair after 4 bantu knots.View attachment 341223

Wait!!! That's a lace wig??? That's one heck of a great instillation. I can't tell and that is a close up picture! How did you do that?

GGsKin

Wait!!! That's a lace wig??? That's one heck of a great instillation. I can't tell and that is a close up picture! How did you do that?

Thanks for that @Lisa I make a good student, it's not perfect but I am trying:). 1) I braided my hair so it laid as flat as I could get it. I've wrapped it with a silk scarf. 2) On top of that is a stocking I've tinted with some liquid foundation. 3) I used spirit gum to attach the front of the unit in front of my natural hairline.

I also bleached the knots on the wig and then had to go back and touch up the terrible roots I created:laugh:.