Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

melahnee

Just got a roller set, blow out and trim. My hair was about WL:clap: but I got a trim so I'm an inch or so above WL now. I was consistently in two braids or the occasional wash n go for like a month and a half to give my hair a break. I've been straightening the front too much and my bangs got damaged :cry3: BUT It's okay because they still fall around my nose.

I'm still doing the blonde thing. Still not fully blonde (doubt I will ever be, I like the blondish brownish look on me) Still SO pleased with how this my hair reacted to all of this. I went crazy one day(I'm a Gemini) and I dyed my hair with some dye from sallys and it looked terrible on me-- way too dark and the undertones were just NOT me. I was at the salon the very next day lightening my hair back up :look: Fortunately for me, my hair did not suffer any damage or breakage from any of this! The ladies at the salon keep crediting the Olaplex for this one..

Attachments

• IMG_20161214_095029709.jpg
    IMG_20161214_095029709.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 219

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Progress pics! The first one is from August 7th, 2016, the second, December 30, 2016 before I washed it. My neck is now covered:

It might actually touch my shoulders in a couple of years, LOL!

Here is the back without that stupid flash. Five days without watering, scab patch sticking up, random finger detangling causing frizz... I need to leave my hair alone.

Curls&Justice417

I would love to see the finished result, if you have a picture of it... :look::)

I didn't take a picture yesterday, but I retwisted my hair again last night on dry hair and it turned out okay. Its not as full and fluffy as I'd like, but I'm still experimenting with products and techniques. I hate the shape of my hair and I think that's the main reason why they don't turn out the way I like. I'm growing out out a bob and my hair just isn't as round as I'd like.

Attachments

• IMAG0433.jpg
    IMAG0433.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 133

Pygmy_puff

I didn't take a picture yesterday, but I retwisted my hair again last night on dry hair and it turned out okay. Its not as full and fluffy as I'd like, but I'm still experimenting with products and techniques. I hate the shape of my hair and I think that's the main reason why they don't turn out the way I like. I'm growing out out a bob and my hair just isn't as round as I'd like.

Very nice! You did a great job! You made the shape look nice with this twist out!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I did my first African threading! :pulpdance:

2017January06FirstDIYAfricanThreadingPic1priv.png

NOTE: Photos below enlarge upon click.

2017January06FirstDIYAfricanThreadingPic0.png 2017January06FirstDIYAfricanThreadingPic2.png

Method:
I had given my styling products (SM CES, CRN Curl Maker, and DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel) away to my sister-in-law for my niecy while here on vacation in Atlanta. Eek!

Soooooo . . . for moisturizing, sealing, and styling, I applied Soultanicals Hair Glide and Soultanicals Knot Dressing Oil rinse. I used tan colored weave thread since this was my first time.

I like the two-threads-per-twist method. I like that while I slept all twists stayed straight and didn't curl/bend like some of my two-strand twists sometimes do. I like that the African threading twists seem comparatively tighter at the root. They did take a very long time for me to install as a newbie. Supposedly it gets faster as you get better. For one thing, I should be able to wash and reuse the weave thread, so I won't have to measure or cut any the next time.

I'll see how the thread-out fares and evaluate whether to try to incorporate this into my regimen. I think for long hair this would be great: I could use black thread, pin up or bun or ponytail the twists, and wear them for days. Then I could wear the thread-out for days.

Last edited:

Pygmy_puff

I did my first African threading! :pulpdance:

View attachment 384865

NOTE: Photos below enlarge upon click.

View attachment 384867 View attachment 384869

Method:
I had given my styling products (SM CES, CRN Curl Maker, and DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel) away to my sister-in-law for my niecy while here on vacation in Atlanta. Eek!

Soooooo . . . for moisturizing, sealing, and styling, I applied Soultanicals Hair Glide and Soultanicals Knot Dressing Oil rinse. I used tan colored weave thread since this was my first time.

I like the two-threads-per-twist method. I like that while I sleep all twists stayed straight and didn't curl/bend like some of my two-strand twists sometimes do. I like that the African threading twists seem comparatively tighter at the root. They did take a very long time for me to install as a newbie. Supposedly it gets faster as you get better. For one thing, I should be able to wash and reuse the weave thread, so I won't have to measure or cut any the next time.

I'll see how the thread-out fares and evaluate whether to try to incorporate this into my regimen. I think for long hair this would be great: I could use black thread, pin up or bun or ponytail the twists, and wear them for days. Then I could wear the thread-out for days.

Very nice job! I love this method for heatless stretching! I should try the weave thread next time. RN I'm using yarn and it tends to slip off at the ends. I also wrap mine close so it's more like a casing around the hair. I do that because I want my hair as straight as possible, like a blowout. I bet this will look really pretty when you unravel. How long did it take to dry?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Very nice job! I love this method for heatless stretching! I should try the weave thread next time. RN I'm using yarn and it tends to slip off at the ends. I also wrap mine close so it's more like a casing around the hair. I do that because I want my hair as straight as possible, like a blowout. I bet this will look really pretty when you unravel. How long did it take to dry?

Thanks so much! I promised myself I would attempt this before returning from vacation back to the hustle and bustle of life, and yesterday was my last chance to do it.

Yes: I've seen the mimic-a-blowout method. Very cool. :yep:

I didn't have my normal LCO products and I dried overnight, so I wasn't able to ascertain a good estimate of what will typically be the drying time. I imagine our hair will dry at different rates, based on porosity and whether the hair contains product/sealant.

If I had to guess, I'd say 1.5 hours for my hipo hair that was threaded damp and not saturated (fully wet) and contained a LI and oil.

Pygmy_puff

Thanks so much! I promised myself I would attempt this before returning from vacation back to the hustle and bustle of life, and yesterday was my last chance to do it.

Yes: I've seen the mimic-a-blowout method. Very cool. :yep:

I didn't have my normal LCO products and I dried overnight, so I wasn't able to ascertain a good estimate of what will typically be the drying time. I imagine our hair will dry at different rates, based on porosity and whether the hair contains product/sealant.

If I had to guess, I'd say 1.5 hours for my hipo hair that was threaded damp and not saturated (fully wet) and contained a LI and oil.
That's true the more product, the longer it takes to dry. I usually have to leave mine in for two whole days because I use leave in and a sealant. Also, the way I wrap it so completely makes it take longer too. :D

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Two days!?!!:thud:

Adding to the handful of advantages to hipo hair: faster drying.

And that whole time your hair is stretched and protected. :yep: Good deal. :smile:

That's true the more product, the longer it takes to dry. I usually have to leave mine in for two whole days because I use leave in and a sealant. Also, the way I wrap it so completely makes it take longer too. :D

Last edited: