Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Twist-out #3 - I am still working on it without any styling product. The back and sides still fall strangely:

I like the front/crown better, although my hair, once again devoured my part:

Pygmy_puff

Twist-out #3 - I am still working on it without any styling product. The back and sides still fall strangely:

I like the front/crown better, although my hair, once again devoured my part:
What a lovely twistout! And with no products? I'm impressed!
Have you tried using a pick to (gently) lift the roots? That might help you re-shape the back more to your liking!

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Today's twistout.

My ends shrink & coil in random directions. I haven't found a method to smooth them.

Attachments

• 20170609_133708.jpg
    565.2 KB · Views: 105
  • 20170609_123159.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 68
  • 20170609_123231.jpg
    404.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 20170609_123319.jpg
    417.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20170609_123302.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 51

melahnee

absolutely loving my new cut. I kinda feel like a new woman :lol:
have decided to grow out my roots (ombre) and not dye the color for now. Not sure if I will continue dying my hair lighter. I still love it on me and the way it goes with my skin. It was supposed to be part of my journey to try a bunch of new/different hairstyles. but I might make that decision a long term one..

Attachments

• 20170620_170626.jpg
    20170620_170626.jpg
    920.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

GGsKin

Still haven't washed this hair of mine yet. Maybe tomorow or Saturday. For now I've contained the remnants of this wng in a banana clip by dampening my roots (outer layers), smoothing on some shea butter, and applying a little more gel to hairline. Ooh, and a few sprays of APB refresher in Clean Cotton on my ends.Instasize_0622195245.jpg

Attachments

• Instasize_0622195852.jpg
    Instasize_0622195852.jpg
    724.4 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

Pygmy_puff

Hey ladies check out my Devacut results! I now understand why salons usually insist on straightening/stretching your hair before a trim. It's more precise.
Before:
right side May 2017.jpg
I asked her to cut off that long piece in the back and TRIM the rest.

After:
IMG_3128.PNG
(I posted the after picture elsewhere on this board before.) I'm pleased with the shape, but it's shorter than I was expecting! :cry3:She took off like 2-2.5 inches all over. I don't think I'll get another Devacut... I'll never reach my length goals if I keep going back there!

Oh well... it's not a big deal. I'll be weaving it up until it grows back!:bdance:

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Love your hair, how did you get such great definition? Thanks

Thank you. @Dee_33
  • Use your HG conditioning, moisturizing & sealing products.
  • I apply all products and twist on damp hair. Then air dry.
  • My twists are small (~20-30) and worn as a style for a few days before unravelling.
  • I separate them once. Don't fluff them or pick them out.
  • Don't mist/refresh your twistout or use strong humectants. You'll lose definition. This is your HGs' purpose (see first bullet).
  • For bed I make ~2-3 giant twists or buns with scrunchies and sleep in a satin scarf.
My twistouts can last ~12 days.
For that twistout I used
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab Moisturizing Hair Treatment (as a leave in)
SM Kids Coconut Hibiscus Curling Butter Cream
Marula oil

faithVA

Hey ladies check out my Devacut results! I now understand why salons usually insist on straightening/stretching your hair before a trim. It's more precise.
Before:
View attachment 402833
I asked her to cut off that long piece in the back and TRIM the rest.

After:
View attachment 402835
(I posted the after picture elsewhere on this board before.) I'm pleased with the shape, but it's shorter than I was expecting! :cry3:She took off like 2-2.5 inches all over. I don't think I'll get another Devacut... I'll never reach my length goals if I keep going back there!

Oh well... it's not a big deal. I'll be weaving it up until it grows back!:bdance:
It looks nice and your curls pop more.

Pygmy_puff

It looks nice and your curls pop more.
Thank you! It's important to note that in the first picture my hair is dry without any product besides a little bit of moisturizing leave in. Prior to getting a Devacut, they ask that you don't put any gel or anything into your hair so they can get their fingers through it easier.
In the second picture my hair is about 90% dry in a wash n go.

That being said, I have noticed that since the cut my curls do seem to be a little tighter, I'm guessing because it's less weighed down by length?

Rastafarai

Ladies,

I just wanted to remind you all of how fabulous you are. Hair, skin and nails are all slayed, in all age groups. Don't for a second ever think you are not phenomenally made and designed. Black women are the epitome of beauty, sexiness and class. We are so fierce.

Thanks for gracing us all with your beauty, ladies. Love you all! :grouphug2:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Once again, random crazy pics that I take looking for renegreys to yank.

Oil/creme/oil true wash and go, wet hair, no styling product:

I forgot to get dry pics and DH grubbed his meaty paws in my hair, so headband the next day. The frizzy fizz is his fault and I spotted a stupid grey:

I got a grey on either side I plucked 5 weeks ago and they are both already an inch long:

No greys in the back yet, whew: