Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
I haven't posted in this thread in a long time!

3 day old wet twist out. I washed my hair, applied some gel, and then put my hair in 4 big twists. I took my hair down the next morning while my hair was still damp/wet. Revived it this morning with moisturizer and some gel for the frizzy parts. I'm calling it a wash and wait :lol:

image.jpeg

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density

3 day old wet twist out. I washed my hair, applied some gel, and then put my hair in 4 big twists. I took my hair down the next morning while my hair was still damp/wet. Revived it this morning with moisturizer and some gel for the frizzy parts. I'm calling it a wash and wait :lol:

View attachment 414325

Love your curls! Such shine!

YvetteWithJoy

On break

View attachment 414325

I love it! What products did you use?

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
IMG_7718.JPG IMG_7779.JPG IMG_7772.JPG

No comb month #10

The first picture is with the same braids pulled into a pony tail.
This is my October 2017 or 10 month anniversary of no combing. My hair is thriving, especially my ends. For the first time EVER in my hair journey, I no longer experience Monster Tangles!

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
What were your questions?
I wanted to know if you used a brush or your fingers and product to lay your hair/roots down. Also, wanted to know if you kept the same parts/sections for your braids. I found the answers in the another thread.

Last edited:

Chicoro

I wanted to know if you used a brush or your fingers and product to lay your hair/roots down. Also, wanted to know if you kept the same parts/sections for your braids. I found the answers in the another thread.

Thank you! Okay, I'll just answer again for someone who may want the information but not know how to search it.
  1. I use my fingers to put on the product in my hair. I may use a brush to neaten up my hair around the roots and the hairline. Usually, I use a toothbrush.
  2. I have kept the same parts since Dec 2016. Every now and then, I have to go in and refresh them by reporting using a comb, a little bit. Over time, little stray hairs cross over the parts and make it less 'clean' or defined looking. A couple of days ago marks the first time I took a comb to my head to clean up that side part.

Chicoro

@Chicoro very neat and sleek! What products did you use? TIA

Thank you! (Water, Scurl, Gel, Shea Butter Mix)
  1. Soak braids in water and unbraid
  2. Add water to the section, and SCurl from root to tip.
  3. Add a dab of Wetline gel on around the roots of the section.
  4. Put in bantu knot and repeat for all braids.
  5. Go back to first braid and slather with Shea butter mix, braid it, repeat for each section

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Thank you! Okay, I'll just answer again for someone who may want the information but not know how to search it.
  1. I use my fingers to put on the product in my hair. I may use a brush to neaten up my hair around the roots and the hairline. Usually, I use a toothbrush.
  2. I have kept the same parts since Dec 2016. Every now and then, I have to go in and refresh them by reporting using a comb, a little bit. Over time, little stray hairs cross over the parts and make it less 'clean' or defined looking. A couple of days ago marks the first time I took a comb to my head to clean up that side part.
You're the best! It's great to be mindful of other members.

Chicoro

Thank you @Chicoro I wear my hair similarly under my wigs but my braids aren't fit to be seen in public. I also slather them in my shea butter mix but I will try your method of gelling the roots for a more polished look.

Once I finish doing my braids, I pull them into a snug ponytail and may apply a bit more gel on the fuzzies. Then, I put a scarf over that to set my hair. After about 5 to 10 minutes, I remove the scarf and maybe gel down the edges some more and I'm ready to go.