Everyday Hair...The Pretty, The Nappy, The Crazy...Post Your Hair RIGHT NOW!!!

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Y'all! Curlsmith Hair Makeup! This is the rose gold gel!

View attachment 460923
That's awesome!! Brilliant idea, it's giving the effect of fine highlights without the bleach damage! And can wash it out. Good stuff. I like the colour.
I made this (cannot insert pic as staying at family's home) type of thing, but not a gel, last year with certain ingredients for myself and kids it works awesome -
I didn't use what she used, but whatever I had on hand (wheatgerm oil, shea butter, beeswax-based balm), but it works anyway, just add a larger proportion of pigment than expected. It's a good idea, that this blogger shared (everything she shared was amazing, her mind is awesome, I'm sad she stopped)

The best pigment I had, it turned out, wasn't any of the expensive ones for this recipe, but one from Bonne Bell (their 'loose powder highlighter/bronzer'), after trial and error. What was an issue for the face (found it a bit too orange, and particles were not fine enough for my liking) was what made it good for the pomade.
It's a good way to use up loose powder shadows, maybe.

pearcey

20201208_130043.jpg
Pretty much the go to style for a while, using suave Moroccan oil shampoo. I really want something else though. For over 6 years nothing provides the slip, texturization[is that a word, LOL] that using slippery shampoo as a leave in provides. I know, I know, but for me, it is a mainstay when other things that worked so well for others weren't so...Until I can find a better happy place, 'still here. [Kids, don't try this at home, a sharing site, not so much a "she see, so she does" site] Poor suave, it is well received but so many are like but only until I find the golden ticket...

Happy hair growing!!!

Edited: all my shampoo brands are slippery, LOL

Last edited:

pearcey

For my hair, I haven't as of yet found any made specifically as leave ins with the same consistency upon application.. I also have to maintain a dry scalp, can't be over moisturized, so in my strange case, that could explain the unorthodox effectiveness. Social media is different these days though, do I need to do a disclaimer saying don't try at home, this is an off-label preference?

On another note, I miss your nouveau hair, makeup blog from a while back 2014? 2016?, I never write much but it was very impressive. I love reading about hair care, etc.

Edited: no hair care product/company endorsement intended

Last edited:

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Documenting + reading others' routines and ideas helped with consistency this week.
2 hennas in a week. DC'd, used pretty effective techniques + products this week.
'Fulani silk wrap' last night and much of today.
Attempted braid out. Probably a fail but decent by my standards. Flat crown which i hate, because hair is shortest there :rolleyes:

haironXMasday.jpg