"Ex-Gays" Abound All Over The World -- And Counting....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
There are so many, many, many MANY websites of Ministries and Organizations of those who are telling the 'Truth' about homosexuality.

While the government and the media and our school systems are trying to 'gay' brain wash everyone, that homosexuality is unchangeable, the truth of the matter is that it is and it always has been.

Thise website below is awesome! "People Can Change"

www.peoplecanchange.com

Look at this excerpt from their website...

A M.A.N.S. Journey

Masculinity * Authenticty * Need Fulfillment * Surrender

http://www.peoplecanchange.com/MANSIntro.htm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Many people have sought to change unwanted homosexual feelings. Some have succeeded completely. Others, only in part, or not at all. Many, perhaps most, have become frustrated along the way at times when they did not see results as quickly or as completely as they would have liked. Some give up, apparently convinced that since whatever they have tried has not worked (yet), nothing will ever work.[/FONT]

Roadblocks
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In our own lives, we found that we hit roadblocks to change when our efforts were not as broad or as comprehensive as needed. This happened, for instance, when we focused all our efforts on just one aspect of healing - on spirituality, for example - but resisted necessary work on overcoming estrangement from men and masculinity, or on healing emotional wounds of the past, or on discovering and meeting our authentic needs. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We also hit roadblocks when we were unwilling to do whatever it takes, and everything it takes, to change. "I want to change, as long as no one ever finds out I have this struggle," some of us said. Or, "I want to change, but only if God does all the work," or, "but only if I don't have to break out of my comfort zone," or "but only if… (fill in the blank)." As they say in the Twelve Step programs, "Half measures availed us nothing." Often it turned out that the very thing we were most resistant to changing was the most important thing about ourselves we had to change! [/FONT]

An Integrated Solution

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In his book, [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Growth Into Manhood[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (Harold Shaw Publishers, 2000), Alan Medinger writes (page 239) that homosexuality is not a single problem or conflict, but a group of problems that together produce homosexual attractions. Each of these problems must be dealt with individually, he writes. So it was that we found that reducing or eliminating homosexual feelings and causing heterosexual desires to develop required life changes in four broad, overlapping areas: [/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Masculinity[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Authenticity[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Need Fulfillment[/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Surrender[/FONT]

I am so impressed by this organization. It even has a help group for 'Wives' who have husbands struggling with homosexuality or SSA (same sex attractions).

Wow! I mean Wow! God has always had the answer for gays to be set free. The devil does not want this information to be exposed. It literally nullifies the gay agenda to push homosexuality into the mainstream of rule.

AND

This truly negates the gay marriage justifications of the gay agenda.

Bless the name of Jesus ! Glory to God! Wow! The Victory has always been before us...just hidden and smothered by the lying media and our lying government who will not give equal time to the 'Ex Gay community. And 'they' cry Civil Rights ??? :nono: :nono: :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
:bookworm:

There is so much wonderful information to read.... :yep:

People have many, many questions and there are TRUE answers. Answers that have been hidden.

I hope these links work. Here's the page of the links just in case.

http://www.peoplecanchange.com/Q_&_A.htm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: I'd like to believe you guys, but I'm still skeptical. I've tried all my life to change, and nothing's worked. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: But what about the "ex-ex-gays," those who once claimed to have changed, but then later admitted they had never really changed and went back to living a gay life? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: I want to change, and I'm ready to do whatever I have to do. Where do I start? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: This all looks like a lot of work. I'm not sure I'm up to it. Isn't there an easier way? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: How long will this take? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: What kind of counseling or therapy would be helpful? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: How do I find a therapist to help? Every counselor I've talked to says I just need to accept my true nature as a homosexual. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: Who succeeds at change in therapy? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Question: Who are you guys, anyway? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Have a question you'd like answered anonymously here? E-mail us at [/FONT][email protected][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

Shimmie

Staff member
:bookworm: My people perish for lack of knowledge....

One of the reasons the Church has failed in helping gays is because 'we' lacked the understanding and knowledge of what it truly is.

Here are more answers and testimonials from those who are no longer gay.. Good for them !!! :up:

:bookworm: :yep:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
Survey on Factors Motivating Desire to Change

Why change? What could possibly motivate us to go against our seemingly "natural" urges and do all the hard work described on this Web site?

Survey: What Motivates You to Seek Change?

In 2006, People Can Change surveyed the members of our online support groups. (See the complete survey summary here.) We asked, “To what extent, if any, do each of the following motivate you to seek change?”

We then listed 18 possible factors that some men have identified as motivating their desire to change. A total of 189 usable surveys were completed.

Multiple Factors

On average, each respondent identified 14.1 of the 18 factors as contributing to their desire to change – 9.5 as “major” and 4.6 as “somewhat” motivational factors.

Most frequently cited factors motivating a desire to change:

1) Desire to heal emotional wounds at the root of my same-sex attractions (SSA) – 91% (a major motivating factor for 77% of respondents)
2) Personal values – 90% (major for 68%)
3) Expectation of unhappiness in gay life – 90% (major for 63%)
4) Spirituality – 87% (major for 68%)
5) Desire for nonsexual male friendships – 86% (major for 63%)
6) Personal conscience – 86% (major for 63%)

Least frequently cited factors:

18) Outside pressure from others – 55% (a major motivating factor for 22% of respondents)
17) Fear of disease – 56% (major for 25%)
16) Inability (or disbelief in their ability) to find satisfying gay relationships – 56% (major for 30%)
15) Fear of rejection – 65% (major for 25%)
14) Shame – 73% (major for 41%)

Comments from Survey Respondents on: Why Change?

“I realized I was looking for a father figure that my dad was not.”
“I want to overcome the wounds thrown on me via sexual abuse by other males who used me.”

“My homosexual desires seem to be rooted in a deficit that I feel and want another man to fill. [In contrast,] my heterosexual desires come from a sense of being complemented by the attributes of a woman.”
“I see it as a false and unsatisfactory way to cater to basic emotional needs that were not properly met in my childhood and adolescence.”

“These feelings always contradicted with my moral values. They’ve caused me much pain when they’ve come up within my male friendships.”

-------------

Continued next post....

Shimmie

Staff member
Continued.... :bookworm:

http://www.peoplecanchange.com/Why_Change.htm

“I truly believe I can never be happy in a gay life and I’m positive that change is possible. This motivates me to seek change.”

“I have a strong relationship with God and anything that comes between that I don’t want in my life. This has been a huge obstacle in my relationship with God. I want to live the life God has for me, not the one I feel is easiest at times.”

“I am seeking a better relationship with God by giving up SSA for God’s will.”

“I find homosexual feelings incompatible with genuine male friendships.”

“Having healthy same-gendered friendships is MUCH more rewarding, even with guys I would normally have had sexual feelings toward in the past. I get to know them as people, and the SSA feelings immediately subside.”

“I want to connect with men in a non-sexual way. I was doing the sexual way for a long time and it never gave me what it was that I was really wanting. Now that I have healthy real male friendships and I am getting my needs met, I am happier than I have been most of my life.”

“Whenever I have indulged in these feelings or behaviors it feels overwhelmingly wrong, false, and self-destructive.”

“I believe happiness lies in living a life where I am loved by a woman, living in a marriage, with children, constantly improving and growing in those relationships.”

“I want to fulfill my vows of marriage.”

“I want to be happy, and happiness to me means a wife and children in a loving family.”

“The SSA makes me not identify with being a man.”

“I want to be proud of being male. I am not.

“I want to conform to my God-given gender, to achieve and become fully male.”

“I want to feel, think, look, act, be and live heartfelt masculinity after that of God’s own heart and image.”

“Having stepped away from homosexuality, I realize it to be a faulty replacement for a secure sense of masculine identity.”
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There's more...... :yep: :up: :yep:[/FONT]

Shimmie

Staff member

http://www.peoplecanchange.com/Root_Problems.htm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Survey on Root Causes
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They say opposites attract.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]That maxim, in the very simplest of terms, explains much about our former homosexual condition and how we were able to uncover the underlying problems creating it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As long as we felt that men were the opposite from us, while we identified with women as our sisters, we remained attracted to our opposite -- the mysterious, unknown masculine. To us, it often felt like men were the opposite sex, so being sexually attracted to them felt natural. Initially, at least, we didn't feel homosexual so much as we felt genderless and, lacking sufficient maleness within ourselves, attracted to that which we felt would make us feel masculine and whole.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Every man has a masculine drive. In our case, that drive inadvertently became sexualized. But we also found it could become desexualized as we fulfilled that masculine drive in more emotionally grounded ways.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We discovered the path to healing as we came to understand that, at least in our case, our homosexual feelings were not the problem but were actually symptoms of deeper, underlying problems and long-buried pain that usually had little or nothing to do with erotic desire. Rather, they had to do with our self-identity, self-esteem (especially our "gender esteem"), relationships and spiritual life. Once we discovered and healed the underlying pain, the symptoms of homosexuality began to take care of themselves.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Survey on Root Causes[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In 2004, People Can Change surveyed the members of its online support groups to determine what they perceived to have been the most significant causes of their developing homosexual feelings in their own lives. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We asked about 25 possible factors -- everything from biology to personal choice. More than 200 men responded.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To view the survey summary, click here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](Keep in mind that this is not a survey of the beliefs of the general "gay" population -- those who have accepted a gay identity and are happy in that life. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rather, it is a survey of the beliefs of those who are seeking to overcome or minimize homosexual desires. Gays may or may not answer these questions differently.) [/FONT]

----------------
Continued ....

Shimmie

Staff member

Root Causes, Problems... Continued:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Father-son relationship problems: In the survey, 97% said problems in the father-son relationship while they were growing up contributed to their developing same-sex attractions (SSA) -- and men usually identified it as one of the three most significant factors.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] (See especially page 6 of the survey.)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It seems very rare for a man who struggles with homosexuality to feel that he was sufficiently loved, affirmed and mentored by his father growing up, or that he identified with his father as a male role model. Oftentimes the father-son relationship is marked by either actual or perceived abandonment, extended absence, hostility or disinterest (a form of abandonment).[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Like all human experience, this is not universal, and sometimes the father-son relationship doesn't seem to have been a problem. Rather, the relationship with brothers or male peers or male abusers may have created deep wounding. Whatever the source of the estrangement, it is a common experience for many of us to have felt a deep longing to be held, to be loved by a father figure, to be mentored into the world of men and to have our masculine natures affirmed by other men. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Conflict with male peers: The same percentage of men who said father-son problems contributed to their SSA -- 97% -- also said problems in their male-peer relationships contributed. And half said it was one of the "top three" factors. (See especially page 7 of the survey.)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Somehow, even as boys or young teenagers, we felt like we were never "man enough." We felt like we didn't live up to the masculine ideal. We saw ourselves as too fat or too skinny, too short or too awkward, not athletic enough or tough or strong or good-looking enough -- or whatever other qualities we admired in other males but judged to be lacking in ourselves. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It was more than low self-esteem, it was low gender esteem -- a deficiency in our core sense of gender upon which our whole self image is built. Other males just seemed naturally masculine, but masculinity never came naturally to us. We aspired to it but were mystified by how to achieve it. Among other males, we felt different and lonely. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Feeling deficient as males, we pined to be accepted and affirmed by others, especially those whose masculinity we admired most. We began to idolize the qualities in other males that we judged to be lacking in ourselves. Idolizing them widened the gulf we imagined between ourselves and so-called "real men." In idolizing them, we increased our sense of our own masculine deficiency. [/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]At the same time that we idolized certain male traits or maleness generally, many of us came to fear other boys and men. Born with unusually sensitive and gentle personalities, we found it was easy for many of us to feel different from and rejected by our more rough-and-tumble peers growing up. We came to fear their taunts and felt like we could never belong. Many of us feared the sports field and felt like we could never compete. Many of us felt rejected by our fathers and feared that we could never measure up or would never really matter to them[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]So where did this leave us, as males ourselves? It left us in a Neverland of gender confusion, not fully masculine but not really feminine either. We had disassociated not just from individual men we feared would hurt us, but from the entire heterosexual male world. Some of us even detached from our very masculinity as something shameful and inferior. [/FONT]

TrustMeLove

I like the bit of that website I saw. The section about things that didn't work. I like how it doesn't sugar coat prayer and actually deal with real stuff like...the struggles we all go through when we want God to do something for an instance when we need delieverance from a sin.

If I just switched the topic of the website and what they were talkinga bout...the same struggle I go through too with other sin.

Just praying constantly that God will deliever...asking for a touch...giving in to your sin...recognizing you don't want to go that route anymore. We all have our stuff. This is theirs. I have mine...but God is a delieverer and has proven that over and over and over.

Shimmie

Staff member

Root Causes, Problems... Continued:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Mother-son relationships (and the "smothering mother" syndrome): Nine out of 10 survey respondents said aspects of their relationships with their mothers contributed to their SSA. (See especially page 8 of the survey.)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Even as we perceived our fathers as abandoning, ignoring or being hostile toward us, it was a common experience for us to over-identify with or become overly dependent on our mothers. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Oftentimes, we never fully cut the "apron strings" that attached our identity to hers. Mom often became our confidant and mentor instead of Dad. But Mom could never show us how to act and think like a man. So it was common for us to view maleness from a woman's perspective instead of a man's. We inadvertently adopted a woman's view of the world. The gulf between us and the world of men was widened and reinforced. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Feeling alienated from the male world, we often found comfort in female companionship. Some of us labeled women and femininity as superior to men and masculinity because we perceived females as more sensitive, accepting and loving. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]They felt "safer" to be with and to expose our painful emotions to. Instead of ridiculing our sensitive natures, they appreciated them. They didn't expect us to prove we were "man enough," even while we were still just boys. Many of us learned to identify with women and girls as our sisters, our buddies and, inadvertently, even our role models. Our sense of girls as the "same sex" and boys as the "opposite" sex was reinforced. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Sexual abuse: 48% of respondents said that, as children or youth, they had been sexually abused by an older or more powerful person. Usually it was by a male, and in those cases, 96% considered the abuse to have contributed to their developing SSA feelings. (See especially pages 8 and 9 of the survey.) [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Other sexual experiences: 93% said they had had other sexual experiences -- including pornography, sexual fantasy and sex play with other boys -- as children or youth, and of those who did, 93% said they believed these experiences contributed to their SSA feelings. (See especially page 9 of the survey.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]6. Personality traits: 87% said they believed their personality traits were a contributing factor. (See especially page 10 of the survey.)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A great many of us were born with or developed an innate sensitivity and emotional intensity that we learned could be both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, our sensitivity caused us to be more loving, gentle, kind and oftentimes spiritually inclined than average. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]On the other hand, these were some of the very traits that caused our more rough-and-tumble male peers to taunt us, girls to welcome us into their inner circles, moms to hold onto us more protectively, and dads to distance themselves from us. Perhaps even more problematic, it created within us a thin-skinned susceptibility to feeling hurt and rejected, thus magnifying many times over whatever actual rejection and offense we might have received at the hands of others. Our perception became our reality. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Homosexual Consequences[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These and other hurts were oftentimes the problems buried below the surface. Complex, interwoven and painful, they drove us to homosexual relationships in an attempt to find healing. But we found that, for us, acting on these homosexual desires actually worsened rather than lessened the underlying problems. Homosexuality, for us, wasn't the solution; it was an escape from solving the real problems that had caused the symptoms to begin with. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Time alone could never really heal these kinds of deep wounds without our going back to face them, acknowledge them, grieve them, release our legitimate anger over them, take steps to repair the damage they had caused us (to the extent we could), and finally, to forgive and move on. [/FONT]

---------------------

This information is such a blessing. It is just that good! And there are so many more. I'm looking them up and I'm learning a lot more than I ever knew was 'out there' (available).

Awesome Organizations and Ministries. Awesome :up: God has help for every situation in everyone's life. :love3: He loves us all, just that much.

I pray with all of my heart for healing of those who are gay, for those who have family members who are gay and for those who have husbands or wives who are gay.

God has prepared a way of hope, faith and victory for each of you. I praise God that your lives will never, ever be the same. I praise God that you are made free for whom the Son (Jesus Christ) has set free, is free indeed.

The 'Cross' that Jesus gave His life upon was not exclusive of homosexuals, yet totally inclusive of each one to reach one to bring them out of bondage and live the life so well deserved of them to be free.

Whoever you are...Wherever you are, Whomever you are or Those who have loved ones... don't ever lose hope, love or faith. You are not alone, God is right there and has a plan and a clear path just for you. :love2:

Shimmie

Staff member
I like the bit of that website I saw. The section about things that didn't work. I like how it doesn't sugar coat prayer and actually deal with real stuff like...the struggles we all go through when we want God to do something for an instance when we need delieverance from a sin.

If I just switched the topic of the website and what they were talkinga bout...the same struggle I go through too with other sin.

Just praying constantly that God will deliever...asking for a touch...giving in to your sin...recognizing you don't want to go that route anymore. We all have our stuff. This is theirs. I have mine...but God is a delieverer and has proven that over and over and over.

:amen: TML... Amen!

Here's the excerpt you are sharing. This really blessed me, because when you hear testimonies of gays, the majority of them share this exactly, that they tried to pray it away and it didn't work for them.

This right here explains it. :up: :bookworm: :up:

http://www.peoplecanchange.com/What_Didn't_Work.htm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trying to Pray It Away
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Almost all of us at one time hoped and prayed that God would suddenly change us, that if only we had enough faith, we would wake up one day and find our homosexual desires miraculously gone. Yes, those are those who testify of such miraculous, sudden recovery, but it certainly doesn't seem to be the norm -- and certainly not without a lot of hard, personal and spiritual work leading up to that "overnight" recovery.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In fact, many of us came to see that we had been praying the wrong prayer for many years! Rather than asking God to change us, we needed him to show us the steps he wanted us to take toward change -- and then trust him enough to take the very steps we feared most. We needed to be humble enough to learn the lessons that the struggle was designed to teach us -- and then move on. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As Ben writes: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Like so many others, I once begged God to change me with a single touch, the way he healed the blind man. I prayed and read scriptures hoping that would change me, but all the while I remained locked in isolation and shame. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ultimately, I learned that trying to heal my emotional wounds through spirituality alone was like putting a cast on my arm when I had the flu. I was treating the wrong problem. I was emotionally broken and weak, but in many ways spiritually strong. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Trying to strengthen myself spiritually, alone in my room in prayer, wasn't going to heal the isolation I felt in the world of men. I started to change when I saw the Lord as a guide who would lead me through a healing journey if I did it his way, not mine."[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For most of us, praying and building a renewed spiritual life would become the fuel that powered our journey out of homosexuality and the map that guided our way -- it was seldom our journey in itself.[/FONT]
------------------------

All of this has simply blown me away. I am learning so, so much. It's so sad that none of this has been profiled and yet the encouragement of being gay is being promoted and exulted instead... :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm putting the 'Word' out and I'm going to put it out where everyone can see it. :happydance: :yep: :yep: :yep:

Someone out there has been praying for this... Here it is, just for you. :love2: