Excited Newbie!!!- Question about MSM and Biotin!!!

Which promotes the hair growth best, Biotin, MSM or a combo of the two?

• Biotin

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • MSM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Biotin & MSM

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (specify please)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Hey there,
As some of you may already know I'm new to this site and I must say I enjoy the information that you all share with each other and look forward to growing healthy hair with your knowledgd and support. Since I've been lurking around the site I've noticed that many of you take a variety of vitamins to aid in hair growth. I just started added 2,000 mcg of Biotin in addition to my multivitamin. I plan on purchasing Ultrahair Nourish from GNC. I would like to know what result people have achieved taking either Biotin, MSM or both, and at what dosage? I am considering adding MSM tom my regime and wanted to know how effective it actually is, also you could please list if you are using the pill or powder form.

I look forward to hearing from you guys and am truly inspired to begin a journey to healthy hair.

P.S. I should note that I have about 6 inches of natural hair, I believe I'm a 4a/4b. I will try to take pictures once I take my hair out of these braids. Thanks again....

carameldiva

Make sure that you take vitamin c with the MSM. It works much better that way and you may also want to consider a digestive enzyme, too. HTH.

CAPlush

I use Kal MSM Powder and it is absolutely wonderful. I have seen noticeable changes in my skin, but it will probably be a few months before I can report on my hair.

JLove74

I started out using biotin and GNC - noticed a slight change in the texture and some growth. The I added MSM (after reading the rave reviews), my hair texture stayed the same, but I did notice increased growth and wrinkles started to dimish (especially smile line) and over all skin improvement. I take 2 GNC pills per day, 3,000 mcg of MSM & 1,000 biotin

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Hi JLove74,

I love your progress pics. Nice! You are a very lovely young lady.

I started 1000 mg of MSM 2 weeks ago along with my regular regime of Oil of Olay Multi Vitamins (contains Biotin), Vitamin C and Omega 3 Fish Oil, Oil of Evening Primrose and extra Vitamin E.

I have seen improvement in my skin already and think that the hair is beginning to reap benefits as well!

Good luck with your hair and God Bless!

preciousjewel76

I take a daily multivitamin and 2 GNC Hair/Skin/Nails vits per day. Once these are done, I may switch over to the Ultra Nourishair formula, though. I've been on the GNC HSN for a couple of weeks now, and my nails are stronger. I also have some hair growth, but I'm not sure if that's due to the increased biotin/MSM or a combo of better haircare techniques. My skin seems to be a bit smoother, too! I drink a lot of water, which I hear helps counteract some of the skin problems MSM can cause.