Exercise and Hair Growth

What's the best type of exercise for hair growth?

• Lifting Weights

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kitamay

I have read a lot about people saying that exercise is good for hair growth, but I haven't heard about what kind. By exercise do you mean cardio, lifting weights, yoga,etc... How long would you say to exercise to reap benefits? I am currently working on changing my diet and now I am ready to go for the next task in improving my health and my hair.

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
I believe any type of exercise that gets the blood circulating -Cardio would probably be the best though.

Auburn

I believe any type of exercise that gets the blood circulating -Cardio would probably be the best though.

I agree. I try to do 3.5 mph on the treadmill for at least 20 minutes.
Anything that steadily gets the blood pumping is your best bet.

Pooks

Cosigning on the cardio - it encourages detoxification of the system and more importantly as it relates to hair growth increases the circulation of blood throughout your body, including to your follicles!

Nice Lady

I believe that it is anything that gets your blood circulating. So I am saying that it is cardio.

Aggie

I don't think it matters. Just exercise. Both cardio and weight training gets the blood flowing really well. I do both at the same time and to me that really helps to speed things up a lot...If anyone here does Jillian Michaels 30 day shred workout, you know what I mean.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I walked 3 miles today and got a good sweat, I will keep it up hopefully I get be APL in 3 months LOL

kitamay

Thank you for your responses so far. It looks like many people are saying that it doesn't matter what kind of exercise you do according to the poll, but many are sayin cardio is best in their posts. More responses please.

ShiShiPooPoo

I had a tremendous growth spurt during June and what did I do differently? Exercise 3-4 days a week. Intense Cardio (for about 40 min.) then weights for 20 min.

MochaEyeCandy

When I do cardio it's for an hour a day, 6 days a week. And my hair shoots out of my scalp. I just got back in the gym yesterday.

kitamay

I had a tremendous growth spurt during June and what did I do differently? Exercise 3-4 days a week. Intense Cardio (for about 40 min.) then weights for 20 min.

It's funny that you mentioned that the only thing you did differently was start exercising. When I used to exercise back in High School about 10 years ago, I didn't know much about my hair and used to think that I was "sweating out" my relaxer since my hair never seemed to get longer. Now I am starting to think that my hair was actually growing faster but I didn't know how to maintain and take care of in order to retain any of the length.

kitamay

When I do cardio it's for an hour a day, 6 days a week. And my hair shoots out of my scalp. I just got back in the gym yesterday.

Wow, that is great! I just always feel like the going to the gym is so time consuming. I will be there one day. It's hard to motivate myself to go.

Digital Tempest

Getting the blood flowing is the main thing, but my weapon of choice is Cardio. I like doing things from my own home instead of spending money on a gym. I like doing hip-hop cardio workouts (like Turbo Jam, hip-hop bellydancing, etc) because they're fun and keep me interested. I like doing Tae Bo, Aerobic Power Yoga, and Walk Away the Pounds, too. There's ton you can do in the cadio area, even just jumproping. Your options are unlimited.

Brownchiq

Everyone who responded that it doesnt matter just exercise, is CORRECT! Cardio and resistance training both achieve an increased heart rate while working out.
Just DO IT!

MummysGirl

I sweat when I do cardio, sweat when i do weights, sweat when it's a mix of both. So my answer would be both. Doesn't even have to be the gym, could be dancing, tennis, whatever... just exercise that feels like a good workout.

I exercise first and foremost cos I love it and I love to be in shape (I was overweight 7-10 years ago). Any added bonus is wonderful. If you don't notice an increase in your hair growth rate when you start exercising, don't stop. It's good to be fit and healthy :)

HHG!!!

Last edited:

kitamay

Everyone who responded that it doesnt matter just exercise, is CORRECT! Cardio and resistance training both achieve an increased heart rate while working out.
Just DO IT!

Wow girly you really have it going on with that hair and body. I want to be where you are. I will have to start getting my butt off the internet so much:lachen:

Aggie

I get my best weight losses when I do cardio and weights together but if I ever separate them, I would always do weight training first because I don't want to use up all of glycogen stores for cardio when I actually need them for weight training to achieve better and more quality gains. When I do cardio after weight training, I lose weight far more effectively than when I do them in the reverse. I sweat better too, eliminating more toxins out of my pores through the perspiration. I also believe if this is working so well with weight loss, that my hair can't help but benefit optimally from it.

Aggie

Just DO IT!

Brownchic, your body is carryin' on girl. I used body build like you before but stopped and now trying to get back into it almost at the same intensity as before. It is taking some time though to get there because I haven't totally committed to sticking to a healthy wholesome nutrition schedule, partly because of my work.

I am trying to come up with creative ways to help me stick with it though. I have some things in mind now and will try those and see if they work.

sheanu

cardio is definitely the best for me. I do 35 mins of cardio in addition to 20 mins strength 3 days a week and then 2 days a week an hour of modern dance. not only did my hair grow like weed but my cystic acne cleared up in a week once i followed the cardio with a facial! :grin:

MegB29203

sheanu, how ironic...I do the same thing. I do modern dance 3 days a week and for 3 other days I do 30-40 minutes of cardio then 20 minutes of weights/abs. It's really helped my hair growth

MangaManiac

I would have to say cardio is what gives me the best sweat and what elevates my heart rate the most, but strength training will also accomplish this, just not to the same degree. I think that in order to get the best gains (for your hair AND your body) you have to do a combination of both. ;)

PraisedBeauty

It DOES matter. If you want optimum growth you should be doing cardio for 30-45 minutes. But that wasn't an option so I selected 15-30 minutes of cardio.

Ruby True

well i started seriously going to the gym in March and I relaxed last week so its too early to tell but Im ready to get my growth on