Exercising and Hair Growth

sabie19

Well, I have been hearing people talking about hair growth. They have mentioned exercising so, I was wondering does exercising promote hair growth by stimulating the blood to run through the body? I am about to start exercising today as a part of my plan. i was thinking is that why my hair has not grown to its full potential. Am I missing something like exercising? I do take my vitamins and drink plenty of water.

LABETT

My hair definitely grows faster when I am exercising,dieting
and drinking plenty of water.

akua

I think exercise does play a part in hair growth, not to mention your physical well being. At least 45 min daily of any cardio work out is good, along with a a good diet and yes, plenty of water.

Faith

I was just mentioning this to Gldspoon. My growth seems to be about 1/2"/month since I started working out. I used to get 1/4"/month..1/3 if I was lucky. Now I have been in interlocks for 7 weeks and I have 1" and a bit more growth in areas...well the back especially..it does grow faster than the rest. I work out 20min about 3-6x/week. Taebo, Firm, Leslie Sansone's walking tapes, or the bike. I do weights M,W,F for about 45-60min.

inthepink

I think there is something to exercising and hair growth. I remember last year, I had just gotten a touch-up and then I started working out a couple of days a week (30 min on the treadmill). I remember being so frustrated with my hair and accusing my stylist of not straightening my hair enough b/c I felt like I was getting new growth too soon. (I know that makes no sense but that's what I though at the time.) Thinking back on it, I think I felt new growth b/c it really was new growth and not my hair reverting b/c my NEVER reverts. I am planning to start exercising again, too! Around this time is when my hair was the longest it's ever been!

Isis

I truly believe exercise really does increase hair growth.

Here is a paragraph from an article I found called Hair Information:

http://www.newgen2000.com/PAGES/hair.htm

"Hair grows approximately 1/2 to 1 inch per month. If you want to speed up your hair growth, exercise. Excess body heat from regular exercise will make hair grow faster."

Angelicus

I walk four miles a day at least 4 times a week. In conjunction with the co-washes, My hair grew like a weed.

Isis

4 miles each day!
That's a great workout Anky! I only walk about 1.5 miles 5 times a week and yoga in the evenings. Maybe I'll think about increasing that walk.