Experimenting Essential Oil Blend...

dreamgurl

For the ladies who have used an essential oil blend as a pre-poo or scalp massage:

1. Have you noticed a difference in the rate of your hair growth?

2. Would an EO blend concoction be more beneficial than using Surge?

3. Thyme is very strong in odor, but how does it benefit in hair growth?

4. Could something else be used in the place of thyme in the concoction below since it is soooo strong or does one gain more growth using the exact combination?

• 2 drops of cedarwood essential oil
  • 3 drops of lavender essential oil
  • 3 drops of rosemary essential oil
  • 2 drops of thyme essential oil
  • 4 teaspoons jojoba oil (base oil)
  • 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil or macadamia nut oil (base oil)
TIA!

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

Hey dreamgurl:),

I have only used EO blend concoction as a scalp massage and I have just started using it only 2 weeks so far so I can't really say that I have seen an increase in hair growth but I am sure it will do more good than harm on my hair. As for the EO blend being more beneficial for your hair than Surge. I have used Surge before for the first time after my first texturizer and after reading all the raves about it and I saw major growth and thickness but I have not used it in a while since I had alot of new growth and the thickness was out of control it hurt when I tried to part my hair to Surge my scalp so I stopped. But now I am trying to use more hair products with natural ingredients to see if I will have more growth than usual and I have been successful so I am going to stick to it.

According to my essential oils book it states that thyme oil (red or white) is good for usage on your skin if it is oily but it is listed as one of the hazardous oils in aromatherapy so you must be careful of the amount used for blending. I am thinking that you could probably replace the thyme oil with peppermint oil since that should be much safer and beneficial for your scalp.(promotes hair growth)

I hope this helps.

so1913

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Hey dreamgurl:),

I have only used EO blend concoction as a scalp massage and I have just started using it only 2 weeks so far so I can't really say that I have seen an increase in hair growth but I am sure it will do more good than harm on my hair. As for the EO blend being more beneficial for your hair than Surge. I have used Surge before for the first time after my first texturizer and after reading all the raves about it and I saw major growth and thickness but I have not used it in a while since I had alot of new growth and the thickness was out of control it hurt when I tried to part my hair to Surge my scalp so I stopped. But now I am trying to use more hair products with natural ingredients to see if I will have more growth than usual and I have been successful so I am going to stick to it.

According to my essential oils book it states that thyme oil (red or white) is good for usage on your skin if it is oily but it is listed as one of the hazardous oils in aromatherapy so you must be careful of the amount used for blending. I am thinking that you could probably replace the thyme oil with peppermint oil since that should be much safer and beneficial for your scalp.(promotes hair growth)

I hope this helps.

Peppermint sounds good to me too :)

mrslee

Love yourself first!
I have been using jojoba, castor, rosemary and a little ylang ylang mix. I find it helps to manage my new growth. I think it aides in the overall health of hair as well. My hair has a natural sheen to it and looks great! I will continue to use this concoction!

dreamgurl

Thanks ladies for the replies...

I have been contemplating mixing up this little blend for a while now, but just wasn't too sure of mixing in the thyme oil because of the smell and also because I felt there was something else that could replace the thyme oil with the same benefits but with a more enduring scent.

Peppermint oil does sound good!

Isis

I haven't been using the blend long enough. I massage my scalp with it before shampooing and leave it on about 30 minutes. My scalp sure feels good and I don't smell the thyme after washing. I added a drop of ylang ylang last time since it stimulates hair growth.

I've been alternating this blend with the ginger oil/jojoba blend before each shampoo. Ginger stimulates hair growth too.

growingbrown

Has anyone been experimenting with this? I am plaining to do this but wanted to know if this is working gor anyone.

Thanks for your responses :D