Extra Itchy Scalp Lately / Regular Trims. (2 different questions)

LdyKamz

I have 2 things to ask and didn't think posting 2 threads would makse sense. My main problem right now is a super itchy scalp. I have never had a problem with this before but lately there is no helping it. I am relaxed. I cowash daily, wash, protein treatment and deep condition (adding oils) once a week. This is super simple and has been working for me. But the last 2 weeks my scalp has been going crazy, itching up a storm. I have been using a new shampoo and thought it was that so I went back to my Suave Clarifying. Same thing. So I started thinking maybe Suave was too drying. Yet my hair is still fine. I never add any products after I wash but I started adding Lisa's Elixir from Carol's Daughter to my scalp. Especially since after all of the scratching my scalp is white and flaky. But I just hate the way oils feel and look in my hair. Weighed down and greasy. What else can I do? Is this a growth spurt? Do I just have to suffer through this for a while?

Now the second thing. I only go to my stylist for a relaxer. She is really good. But she does a miniscule trimming every time I go. Nothing to die over, but everytime? I go 12 weeks. I am going to try to stretch another week this time. But is this too much? My hair is still growing at a nice rate but I never use heat, only when I go to her. Should I tell her to ease up on this?

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
For the itchy scalp you can:

1. ACV rinse
2. AVJ rinse
3. 2tbsp of Neem or 10ml of tea tree oil in your shampoo

For trims I say regular dusting keeps the chops away. For MY hair, I like to dust 3-4x's a year. Do what's good for Your hair.

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I get an out-of-control-itch on my scalp when I"m co-washing back to back with no clarifying or shampooing in between. My scalp doesn't like the build up. At first it was all good and then after awhile my scalp goes itch-crazy.

As far as your trims, if it's nothing to die for then I'll let her continue to do it after each relaxer. I would do mine after each relaxer but I'm scary so I end up paying for it in the long run and trimming off more than I need later.

beana

Co-washing may be the culprit. Most Conditioners contain waxes that may be building up on your scalp despite doing an occasional shampoo. I would shampoo once a week with a gentle shampoo like elucence moisture balancing, hydroquench systems or any moisturizing you like and have available. ACV rinses are also great and I would do a very diluted rinse 2xs a week until you get your scalp under control

Secondly you sound like you have a good stylist, I would continue to let her dust your ends every 3 months, especially if youre retaining growth and its keeping the split ends under control.

LdyKamz

I have thought about ACV rinsing. I will do a search on this and maybe try it.

So do you think I shoud wash more often than once a week if I continue to cowash daily? I love the moisture my hair gets with frequent cowashing. I get almost no breakage.