Eyebrow Transplant (have You/will You Do It??)

diegorgeous

Has anyone had this done? Would you do it? Do you know anyone who has?? I am interested in this and i'm looking for reviews/doc referrals (if you have done it or know anyone who has)........ I like thick brows...and i've never had them...mine are almost inexistent. I feel eyebrows are one of the most important features of a person's face.

They usually take donor hair from the back of the head. I have heard of them taking hair from the pubic region. i am interested in taking donor hair from my pubic region, because i have excess hair that extends beyond my bikini line, and maybe that could permanently get rid of the hair that grows there. Also the hair in my pubic region is finer and straighter than my 4b hair on my head, so i think it is a better match to eyebrow hair.

I am willing to pay a high price for this

More info:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1081652/Would-YOU-eyebrow-transplant.html?ITO=1490

KurlyNinja

Personally I couldn't imagine putting MY pubic hairs on my face as some eyebrows. That would look a hot curly bushy mess.

But I would be very interested in seeing pics if you do get this done.

BlackMasterPiece

I am interested in getting this done and have been for a long time, eyebrows frame the face and are very key to a woman's look. I don't think its a good idea for a Black woman to take the donor hair from the pubic region unless she naturally has straight hair down there. And taking the donor hair from the back of the head is a hassle in the making because you'll always have to trim it which is annoying.

I would like for them to take the donor hair from my lower legs, my hair there is perfectly straight and perfect for my brows, I don't have alot of hair on my legs but I definitely have enough for my eyebrows. I looked it up here in NY and remember the procedure being like 5grand. I would totally do it but I need a little bit more time to work myself up to making such a splurge.

I've been hinting at both f my besties that I want to get this done and they think I'm insane but eyebrows are sooo important and I want it. My natural eyebrows are like medium thickness but I want them to look perfectly arched and full at all times.

I'm getting laser hair removal done all over my body but I'm hesitating on getting it done on my lower legs because I kinda wanna save it for my eyebrows:look:

Glad to see someone else is interested in gettin this done as well:yep:

Last edited:

My Friend

It's hair follicles from her head. She also stated her curly hair came in straight one her brows. I'm sure the surgeon manipulated the follicle's so that the hair would be straight. I would love this for my lashes.

Last edited:

danniegirl

sorry but this ish right here had me :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

ahhhhhhh i just turned over and said im going to put my coochie hair on my eye brows
he called me crazy

i said come let me put them on your eyebrows

thank you :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:and good night

BlackMasterPiece

cutiebe2 Oh I don't even remember but every once in a while I do a google search of "eyebrow restoration NYC" and end up at the same practice but you can do that for your own state and see what you come up with:yep:. I fantasize over the thought of doing this every now and then.

I feel that if a woman has beautiful full brows that compliment her face shape, nice medium to long lashes and clear skin, its easier for her to look great makeup free.

Right now I use generic latisse (careprost)take a small brush and apply it to my brows and lashes once a day (probably should up it to twice lol) and I've seen modest improvements in the thickness of my brows but I feel this procedure could make them perfect, then just think, I could take my stray hairs inder my arch and have him add it to the body of the brow for even more fullness:reddancer:

Why yall got me thinkin about this pricey a$$ procedure:nono::spinning:

diegorgeous

For some reason my pubic hair/ a lot of the hair around my bikini line are somewhat straight..they don't form tight curls. Thats the reason why i thought about this region as a donor.
I am definitely going to get this done. Whether it is hair from my head/bikini, I'm not sure. A lady from blackhairmedia told me her friend got this done, and used donor hair from her pubic region, and her brows look, flawless, completely natural and amazing. So I guess it can be done :yep:
When I get this done, I will post pics. I might be doing a combination procedure . I'm doing my temples (from traction alopecia) this summer, i may do the brows at the same time, or wait a while to do that. All depends on the funds..because it is pretty expensive. But I will post pics!!

diegorgeous

cutiebe2 Oh I don't even remember but every once in a while I do a google search of "eyebrow restoration NYC" and end up at the same practice but you can do that for your own state and see what you come up with:yep:. I fantasize over the thought of doing this every now and then.

I feel that if a woman has beautiful full brows that compliment her face shape, nice medium to long lashes and clear skin, its easier for her to look great makeup free.

Right now I use generic latisse (careprost)take a small brush and apply it to my brows and lashes once a day (probably should up it to twice lol) and I've seen modest improvements in the thickness of my brows but I feel this procedure could make them perfect, then just think, I could take my stray hairs inder my arch and have him add it to the body of the brow for even more fullness:reddancer:

Why yall got me thinkin about this pricey a$$ procedure:nono::spinning:

No matter what you decide, pls dont use Dr Epstein . His practice in NY is what comes up a lot when you do a google search for eyebrow transplant. I have done a lot of research and he has a lot of negative reviews, and has been de-recommended (is that a word?? ) by hairrestorationnetwork.com/hairtransplantnetwork.com

diegorgeous

And yes having full brows makes you able to pull off the no-makeup look easier. That is one of my motivations for wanting to get it done.
Eyebrows really frame a person's face

diegorgeous

This is what I need!!! but no coochie hair! lol

BlackMasterPiece can you give me the name of the people you found in ny?

look at the reply i sent her. There are other very reputable surgeons: Dr Feller, Dr Ron Shapiro, True & Dorin, Dr Rahal, Dr Umar Sanusi, Dr Hasson

If you google their names, their practices will come up. Some are in NY

diegorgeous

I am interested in getting this done and have been for a long time, eyebrows frame the face and are very key to a woman's look. I don't think its a good idea for a Black woman to take the donor hair from the pubic region unless she naturally has straight hair down there. And taking the donor hair from the back of the head is a hassle in the making because you'll always have to trim it which is annoying.

I would like for them to take the donor hair from my lower legs, my hair there is perfectly straight and perfect for my brows, I don't have alot of hair on my legs but I definitely have enough for my eyebrows. I looked it up here in NY and remember the procedure being like 5grand. I would totally do it but I need a little bit more time to work myself up to making such a splurge.

I've been hinting at both f my besties that I want to get this done and they think I'm insane but eyebrows are sooo important and I want it. My natural eyebrows are like medium thickness but I want them to look perfectly arched and full at all times.

I'm getting laser hair removal done all over my body but I'm hesitating on getting it done on my lower legs because I kinda wanna save it for my eyebrows:look:

Glad to see someone else is interested in gettin this done as well:yep:

Are your leg hairs thick?? Mine are very thin /inexistent

almond eyes

I was going to do this two years ago at some hair transplant place but I chickened out. And I thought, it was a bit pricey. But I might revisit the thought again because as Black Master Piece says that thick nicely shaped eye brows really does a lot for the face. My mother on the other hand hates eyebrows and tweezed all of her off many years ago and prefers to pencil them in lightly.

There is a spa in NY called bare essentials that does eyebrow extensions that apparently look very real but do not last very long. Had anyone tried out an eyebrow extension?

Best,
Almond Eyes

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I would do this. My brows are naturally very fine, I always have to fill them in. I wouldn't use pubic hair though.

diegorgeous

I was going to do this two years ago at some hair transplant place but I chickened out. And I thought, it was a bit pricey. But I might revisit the thought again because as Black Master Piece says that thick nicely shaped eye brows really does a lot for the face. My mother on the other hand hates eyebrows and tweezed all of her off many years ago and prefers to pencil them in lightly.

There is a spa in NY called bare essentials that does eyebrow extensions that apparently look very real but do not last very long. Had anyone tried out an eyebrow extension?

Best,
Almond Eyes

Really? ohh wow..
I did hear about eyebrow extensions but have never heard of it really being done anywhere. That's interesting

almond eyes

Really? ohh wow..
I did hear about eyebrow extensions but have never heard of it really being done anywhere. That's interesting

I read something in Marie Claire magazine about three years ago about a woman who went to the bare essentials spa in NY and they did them for her and she was very pleased with the results.

Best,

Almond Eyes

cutiebe2

diegorgeous I think we have the same problem. I am such a non-hairy person that I have no eyebrows! Haven't since birth. And the small amount of hairs have no amount of shape so I end up plucking some of them to make things neat. I draw on my eyebrows daily (have gotten great I that, I actually get compliments) I have NO leg or arm hair. My public hair is just a different texture (and I refuse:lachen:) Maybe my under arm or nape?

And yeah I have to wear makeup (i.e eyebrows) EVERY day. I would love to walk out with nothing on once in a while. My sin looks great. A little glass and I would be done.

BlackMasterPiece thanks I will search :yep: I am in the same state as you which is why I asked lol

Guitarhero

Could you use castor oil mixed with evoo and apply that to your eyebrows twice daily after washing and see if they will not grow in???

beauti

what about using a growth aide on the brows? Mt, Mn, megatek...anyone tried this?? I need some brows too! Ive always been envious of women with thick brows.hurts my soul when they constantly get them plucked

greenandchic

I would do it if I had thin eyebrows. Fortunately I've been blessed with a full set. I used to complain about it in my teens but my mother set me straight real quick. :naughty:

The is though, my pubes are very course where my eyebrows are soft; I wonder how that would look on my face.

BlackMasterPiece

diegorgeous said:
For some reason my pubic hair/ a lot of the hair around my bikini line are somewhat straight..they don't form tight curls. Thats the reason why i thought about this region as a donor.
diegorgeous Ahh ok then thats a perfect donor region, if my hair down there was like that I'd use that too. No shame, hair is hair and eyebrows are sooo key.

I am definitely going to get this done. Whether it is hair from my head/bikini, I'm not sure. A lady from blackhairmedia told me her friend got this done, and used donor hair from her pubic region, and her brows look, flawless, completely natural and amazing. So I guess it can be done :yep:
When I get this done, I will post pics. I might be doing a combination procedure . I'm doing my temples (from traction alopecia) this summer, i may do the brows at the same time, or wait a while to do that. All depends on the funds..because it is pretty expensive. But I will post pics!!
Girl you getting me more and more intent on getting this done. I usually just do a random search here and there and fantasize and just brush it off but now I really wanna get this done.

diegorgeous said:
No matter what you decide, pls dont use Dr Epstein . His practice in NY is what comes up a lot when you do a google search for eyebrow transplant. I have done a lot of research and he has a lot of negative reviews, and has been de-recommended (is that a word?? ) by hairrestorationnetwork.com/hairtransplantnetwork.com
Thanks so much for the advice, I was looking alot at his work so I'm glad you mentioned this.

diegorgeous said:
look at the reply i sent her. There are other very reputable surgeons: Dr Feller, Dr Ron Shapiro, True & Dorin, Dr Rahal, Dr Umar Sanusi, Dr Hasson

If you google their names, their practices will come up. Some are in NY
I'll look into these Dr's thanks!:grin:

diegorgeous said:
You know, they're like medium I'm not a very hairy person, but my leg hairs match my brow hairs seamlessly, if there were alot of those medium thickness hairs my brows would be flawless.

cutiebe2 said:
diegorgeous I think we have the same problem. I am such a non-hairy person that I have no eyebrows! Haven't since birth. And the small amount of hairs have no amount of shape so I end up plucking some of them to make things neat. I draw on my eyebrows daily (have gotten great I that, I actually get compliments) I have NO leg or arm hair. My public hair is just a different texture (and I refuse:lachen:) Maybe my under arm or nape?

And yeah I have to wear makeup (i.e eyebrows) EVERY day. I would love to walk out with nothing on once in a while. My sin looks great. A little glass and I would be done.

BlackMasterPiece thanks I will search :yep: I am in the same state as you which is why I asked lol
Ahh ok, I have okay medium density eyebrows but I fill them in to make them look awesome and I've gotten awesome at it too, I'd love not to need to fill them in. Its so weird that I have thick coarse hair on my head but nowhere else:lol:

Guitarhero said:
Could you use castor oil mixed with evoo and apply that to your eyebrows twice daily after washing and see if they will not grow in???
Guitarhero Things like that provide subtle improvements but I've never seen a dramatic turnaround using oils. I think the things that really help are latisse/generic latisse or this procedure.

Akemi

I want to do this so badly! I've been doing research.

I don't think a topical growth aid would work for me because my brows are sparse. I need actual follicles added in to make them thicker.

BrownieBrie

I'm kinda hairy lol, so I wouldn't need this. I'm really squeamish about surgery though. I can't imagine being cut for an elective procedure.

Guitarhero

BlackMasterPiece;15284189 [SIZE="3" said:
Guitarhero Things like that provide subtle improvements but I've never seen a dramatic turnaround using oils. I think the things that really help are latisse/generic latisse or this procedure.[/SIZE]

Hmmm, have you tried it? It's an old fashioned remedy and many people grow longer, thicker lashes and brows.