Facebook Dilemma

cocoberry10

Okay, when in doubt, seek wise counsel of other Christians, right? Here's my dilemma. I'm on facebook (like myspace, which I have too, lol).

Anyway, I was chatting with one of my friends from undergrad and I went to check out his profile. Well lo and behold, there was a news story that said he (my friend) became friends with this guy I met about a year ago. There was some chemistry, but we were both in a relationship with others at the time, which neither of us is in now (we have a mutual friend that has mentioned what's going on with this guy).

I felt nervous adding him as a friend or messaging him, but I went to send him a message to see if he remembered me, etc? Harmless I thought, right. Well, when I went to send the message, my internet went down, and I couldn't send it.

So, I started thinking. Was God intervening trying to tell me not to message this guy for some reason? I know we always talk about God's timing in church, and I wonder why the internet went down at this moment. I really want to send a message, but I thought I'd come here first and ask you ladies opinion. I have a tendency to overanalyze things, so maybe I'm making this some Divine intervention sign, when really, it's not. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
cocoberry10 said:
Okay, when in doubt, seek wise counsel of other Christians, right? Here's my dilemma. I'm on facebook (like myspace, which I have too, lol).

Anyway, I was chatting with one of my friends from undergrad and I went to check out his profile. Well lo and behold, there was a news story that said he (my friend) became friends with this guy I met about a year ago. There was some chemistry, but we were both in a relationship with others at the time, which neither of us is in now (we have a mutual friend that has mentioned what's going on with this guy).

I felt nervous adding him as a friend or messaging him, but I went to send him a message to see if he remembered me, etc? Harmless I thought, right. Well, when I went to send the message, my internet went down, and I couldn't send it.

So, I started thinking. Was God intervening trying to tell me not to message this guy for some reason? I know we always talk about God's timing in church, and I wonder why the internet went down at this moment. I really want to send a message, but I thought I'd come here first and ask you ladies opinion. I have a tendency to overanalyze things, so maybe I'm making this some Divine intervention sign, when really, it's not. What do you all think?

Thanks!

Hey Sweet Cocoa...;) You've always come to my rescue time and again; and always with all of your heart as a loving sister and friend. So I am here for you.

Close your eyes, and pray "Lord show me what you see; I allow you and only you to lead and guide me. "And for this I praise and thank you for, Amen and Amen..."

Sometimes, it's "us' and not God who pulls the 'stops' on many of our actions. At the moment we 'click' 'send', we pause and think, O' no, why did I do that or we say, I wish I had waited a few moments to think more about this.

God has angels assigned to us to put into action, 'pulling the stops.'

Whatever the case may be, you are eternally free to have and to hold whomever it is, you choose to be. Deep down, you have your answer and you are free.

Love you, little angel... :kiss:

cocoberry10

Shimmie said:
Hey Sweet Cocoa...;) You've always come to my rescue time and again; and always with all of your heart as a loving sister and friend. So I am here for you.

Close your eyes, and pray "Lord show me what you see; I allow you and only you to lead and guide me. "And for this I praise and thank you for, Amen and Amen..."

Sometimes, it's "us' and not God who pulls the 'stops' on many of our actions. At the moment we 'click' 'send', we pause and think, O' no, why did I do that or we say, I wish I had waited a few moments to think more about this.

God has angels assigned to us to put into action, 'pulling the stops.'

Whatever the case may be, you are eternally free to have and to hold whomever it is, you choose to be. Deep down, you have your answer and you are free.

Love you, little angel... :kiss:

Thanks for your advice always Shimmie!

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
cocoberry10 said:
Thanks for your advice always Shimmie!

Just here for my little sister...okay? Don't know if what I 'think' is right, (Only the Holy Ghost knows for sure), but at least you know I'm here for you. ;)

Blackoutzangel05

I believe that you should pray about it and then try to send it again. It could have been something simple that you believe to be a Divine intervention or it really could be one . However, if its not meant for you to communicate with this gentleman then it won't happen.

cocoberry10

Re: Facebook Dilemma (Update)

Thanks you ladies for your words of wisdom.

Well, I decided to message my friend. And he did get back to me, so we are back in communication. I will keep you ladies updated. I don't want to be romantically involved yet, as I would need to get to know him better. But he was a genuinely good person, and I wanted to get back in touch.

I was a little worried at first. Actually, it took him a couple of days to get back to me, but then I realized that he had broken his right hand (even had photos of it online), so I know I did the right thing. He actually wasn't signing on, but when he saw a message from me, he said he had to check it! Only time will tell!