Faith to Action.Calling things that are not, as tho they are! How do YOU do it?

kayte

Wondering if members could share now they actualize faith... in addition to testimony of simply having it..
how does one activate faith or put it into action.....
This is a spiritual action..claiming to have faith.... are there other actions...or examples please?

Here's one..do you speak aloud the word of God that is the opposite of the external circumstances?
Joel Osteen's mother or aunt...gave testimony of how she said every bible verse....aloud.... related to healing non stop...when she was given a terminal prognosis....and she is alive and well

Some one who's husband left her set a place for him every night for
a year, praying about it and he came back

My mother says the time you are in trial is the time to clap your hands and say hallelujah ...that's an act of faith...

any others?

Hoping for personal testimony

THE MEASURE OF YOUR FAITH
“Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24
What a tremendous promise! But it is not passively given, nor is it given to just anyone. This verse has its beginning in verse 22 which says…“Have faith in God.” Then follows, after the example to faith, with the conditions of faith…“and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what He says will happen, it will be done for him.” This is the challenge to trust God with all of our hearts.

What kind of attitude do you embrace when you come before His throne of grace? Paul tells us how to come to Him, “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so, that we may receive mercy, and find grace to help us in our time of need” (Hebrews 4:16).

God has given us this inconceivable avenue of approach into His very presence. He wants us to come without the “baggage” of our experiences, convictions, creeds, emotions, or traditions, with nothing hindering our communion with HIM…and just abandon our hearts in simple, unwavering faith in God alone. We should come fearlessly, boldly, and confidently to appropriate what He has provided for us. We are not to lean on anything within ourselves, but cast ourselves upon His grace, wherever God has placed us or the circumstances that are before us.

Habakkuk 3:17-19 illustrates what “abandoned faith in our Almighty God” really means. Look what Habakkuk said as he encountered circumstances we know nothing about. “Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet, I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign God is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go to the heights.”

Everything gone, nothing to lean on, no one to console him…this mighty man of God brings “his nothingness” before God and places “unutterable trust” in the ONE who has promised…“My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 4:19). Wow! That’s "abandoned faith" in our faithful all-sufficient God!

Faith must be tried before it becomes a reality. We need to turn our “professed faith” into “experimental faith”…our “head faith” into a “personal possession.” Faith is the whole man rightly related to God by the power of the Holy Spirit, where HE has free and full access in every phase of our life, and directs our life to unrelenting confident trust in GOD ALONE. We trust in the holy unchanging character of God.

Our faith is not measured by “who we are, what we have, or the ability we possess.” Rather, it is IN WHOM we place our faith! Faith is deliberate commitment to Jesus Christ when we see no way, when we encounter the devastating circumstances of life, and we dare to cut the shorelines and launch out into the deep uncharted waters…that we may see “the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep”(Psalm 107:23-24).

Let God take the broken pieces of your life and make something beautiful out of them. A.W.Tozer wrote, “Faith hears the inaudible…sees the invisible…believes the incredible…and receives the impossible!” May this be your experience as you dare to trust Him alone

kayte

Here's one powerful testimony of someone who never gave up as the act of faith

I must began this email with a praise report!

As many of you reading this email are aware, that seven weeks ago we
learned that Avocet Travel, owned by former Essence magazine
president, Clarence O. Smith, misappropriated over $80,000 of funds it
received on the behalf of the Bella Italia travel club (read the
entire story at www.blackweekly.com/press . To date, Avocet Travel has
not retuned any of the money as promised, with the exception of
assisting with "some" of the credit card reversals.

Avocet threaten to destroy a dream and vision! But, my God is a great
God...and miracles CAN and DO happen, if we just believed! I now know
this for sure. I don't know why Avocet spent our money. I have turned
Avocet Travel, Tracey Mendohlson and Clarence O. Smith, over to God
and the legal system.

What I do know is when God has a plan ... no one
or nothing on earth can stop that plan... not even a missing $80,000.
With faith, the power of prayer, and help from our primary tour
operator, vendors, friends, and family, Bella Italia 2008 will depart
the US on schedule on September 18th with EVERY women that wanted to
continue on the tour!

To God goes the glory! For, in my darkest days
during this ordeal, it was God who held me up when I was too weak to
stand on my own. It was my faith in knowing that God's arms are around
this tour, and no matter what, I had to keep moving forward even when
it seemed that no light was at end of the tunnel!

I have learned many lessons over the last seven weeks, the greatest of them is that TRUE faith and fear cannot coexist!
If you truly believe in God, you must continue to move forward with unquestioning faith. You must KNOW (not just think) that God is with you and no matter WHAT you will be okay.
I now know this for sure!

I would like to thank everyone that was there for me! You have touched
my heart and left it full. I would like to also thank American Express
and Wachovia bank for swiftly moving into action at helping their
cardholders. Now... on with the party!

-Fleace Weaver

PS: Please forward this email to anyone that may need a little help in
believing!

Last edited:

mrselle

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. So, what has worked for me is repeating scriptures that relate to my situation over and over again. When I was believing God for my husband I would repeat the word God gave me over and over again. At that time HE spoke some very specific things to me, so I would say them over and over again. I would write it out over and over again because the word says write the vision... The key is that when it really didn't look like it would ever come to pass I would repeat God's word. There were many time I would lay in my bed with tears streaming down my face, but through my tears I would repeat what God told me.

Also, I prepare myself for the blessing. Recently, I had a feeling that a change was coming in my career. It started earlier this year. I began saying, "I won't be at this job at the end of the year." I believed it with my whole heart. I hadn't even started looking for a job yet, but I believed that the time was coming for me to move on. I looked for a job, I applied for things that interested me and I kept believing that I would find another job soon. I interviewed for a job and prayed that if the job was for me that it would be mine. A little time passed, so I assumed that I didn't get the job, but I kept believing that an opportunity was on the way. One day I was out at lunch with a co-worker and I remember saying to myself, "I need to start cleaning out my desk because I won't be there much longer." The next day the job was offered to me.

Highly Favored8

Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. So, what has worked for me is repeating scriptures that relate to my situation over and over again. When I was believing God for my husband I would repeat the word God gave me over and over again. At that time HE spoke some very specific things to me, so I would say them over and over again. I would write it out over and over again because the word says write the vision... The key is that when it really didn't look like it would ever come to pass I would repeat God's word. There were many time I would lay in my bed with tears streaming down my face, but through my tears I would repeat what God told me.

Also, I prepare myself for the blessing. Recently, I had a feeling that a change was coming in my career. It started earlier this year. I began saying, "I won't be at this job at the end of the year." I believed it with my whole heart. I hadn't even started looking for a job yet, but I believed that the time was coming for me to move on. I looked for a job, I applied for things that interested me and I kept believing that I would find another job soon. I interviewed for a job and prayed that if the job was for me that it would be mine. A little time passed, so I assumed that I didn't get the job, but I kept believing that an opportunity was on the way. One day I was out at lunch with a co-worker and I remember saying to myself, "I need to start cleaning out my desk because I won't be there much longer." The next day the job was offered to me.[/quote]

If God be God! I am so happy for you God is So Good!:yep:

Highly Favored8

I walk by Faith and not by what I see in the Natural! The Supernatural the unseen superceeds the seen! No matter what it looks like to me. I walk by Faith b/c I know that the Word of the Lord will NOT come back to Him Void! God is so good!:yep:

genesis132

Yes, highly favored...GOD Is GOOD!! I'm in the final steps of purchasing my first home and trying to close before or on Sept 30th. But I have FAITH that everything will fall in place at the last minute. It just seems like little things keep popping up at the end. But I can rest knowing that GOD is working on behalf of my favor and no matter what..IT SHALL COME TO PAST!

Highly Favored8

Yes, highly favored...GOD Is GOOD!! I'm in the final steps of purchasing my first home and trying to close before or on Sept 30th. But I have FAITH that everything will fall in place at the last minute. It just seems like little things keep popping up at the end. But I can rest knowing that GOD is working on behalf of my favor and no matter what..IT SHALL COME TO PAST!

Yes, Yes, Congratulations on your new home! God is still God inspite of these economic times. I am so blessed to serve a Father In heaven who is not Bound by Circumstances time nor space! God is Good! All The time God is Good!:yep:

kayte

This so powerful....thank you for sharing ....
I do pray out of reflex to anything and go into deep prayer to feel closer and because I truly love God.....but ..sometimes my faith feels like an elevator that keeps breaking down....

I kept thinking about your post....

Did you speak the Word aloud.....
Did you write the Word when you felt the Lord tell you
or did you automatically remember Habakkuk
and wow! evven under most painful times when you were crying ..you still repeated ...and still believed?

Also, I prepare myself for the blessing. Recently, I had a feeling that a change was coming in my career. It started earlier this year. I began saying, "I won't be at this job at the end of the year." I believed it with my whole heart.
I hadn't even started looking for a job yet, but I believed that the time was coming for me to move on. I looked for a job, I applied for things that interested me and I kept believing that I would find another job soon. I interviewed for a job and prayed that if the job was for me that it would be mine. A little time passed, so I assumed that I didn't get the job, but I kept believing that an opportunity was on the way. One day I was out at lunch with a co-worker and I remember saying to myself, "I need to start cleaning out my desk because I won't be there much longer." The next day the job was offered to me.

I need to hear this so bad

in the other post Fleace Weaver said Faith and Fear could not coexist
how she did that ..I don't know.....
times in my life ....always ...God came through in a huge way
not because of my faith..but in spite of my wavering faith.....

Last edited:

mrselle

This so powerful....thank you for sharing ....
I do pray out of reflex to anything and go into deep prayer to feel closer and because I truly love God.....but ..sometimes my faith feels like an elevator that keeps breaking down....

I kept thinking about your post....

Did you speak the Word aloud.....
Did you write the Word when you felt the Lord tell you
or did you automatically remember Habakkuk
and wow! evven under most painful times when you were crying ..you still repeated ...and still believed?

I need to hear this so bad

in the other post Fleace Weaver said Faith and Fear could not coexist
how she did that ..I don't know.....
times in my life ....always ...God came through in a huge way
not because of my faith..but in spite of my wavering faith.....

I would speak the word out loud. I would walk around my home and repeat the Word, be it scripture or the words that God had spoken to me in an audible voice. I would repeat the Word when I was driving in my car. When I would pray I would remind God of what He had told me and I would repeat scripture. I would tell HIM I believe HIM because the word says that HIS word will not return unto HIM void. I would write the word down. I still have a yellow sheet of legal sized paper from nearly 10 years ago. It is folded up and tucked inside my book "Woman Thou Art Loosed." Whenever I felt like my faith was wavering, whenever I began to wonder if God really said that, whenever my outward circumstances looked totally opposite of what God told me He was going to do I would speak the Word out loud and write the Word out on a sheet of paper. The more I said it, the more I *felt* it, the more I *felt* it the more I believed and the more I believed the more my faith grew until I'd made up in my mind that God said it and God doesn't lie, so it must be so.

Yes, I would speak the Word through my tears. I vividly remember laying on my little twin sized bed in my dorm room one cold night. The room was totally dark, my roommate was gone and tears were streaming down my face. The devil was messing with me. The devil was telling me that I looked like a fool and that I misheard God. I spoke God's word and did it over and over again until I felt better. It was hard, but I decided I could either believe God or believe the devil who is the father of lies.

We forget that all we need is faith the size of a mustard seed. Do you know how small a mustard seed is? That is all the faith we need. If we will trust God enough to have faith the size of a mustard seed, He will do the rest.

Highly Favored8

We forget that all we need is faith the size of a mustard seed. Do you know how small a mustard seed is? That is all the faith we need. If we will trust God enough to have faith the size of a mustard seed, He will do the rest.

Mustard Seed Faith so true! So, True!

kayte

I actually am aware of and do remember what Jesus said ...and I call on those words to remind me often when I can only take th smallest action even if it's to say only ..I believe ......
the human or thinking in the natural gets in the
way of believing.... that
this is enough