Fall Regimes

gymfreak336

I know I am not the only one who has already started thinking about my fall regime. Who else has already started planning there hair care regime to carry them through the fall into the winter.

I plan on keeping a little hair moisturizer in my purse at all times because sometimes when I am walking around on campus and what not my ends can get kinda dry so this fall I will be prepared. I also want to start adding my prepoo hot oil and cholesterol treatments to help prevent dryness. What are you planning on doing different or more of?

remnant

I have 2-3 inches to go before BSL, I'm in the 2006 challenge!
My regimen will be simple I'll continue the weave and crown glory challenges after the break of summer!

1/ weaves and box braids in for 6 weeks!

• Moisturize once a day with my homemade lotion(in a spray bottle:
    S
    pring water(500 ml to 750 ml)
    +
    oils(carrot,almond,avocado,olive,castor) 2 or 3 teaspoons for each oil
    +
    glycerin(100ml)
    +
    Le KaÏR cholesterol (10 teaspoons)
    +
    Essential oil(ylang ylang or rosemary or lavender)
    30 drops
  • Once by week : Cowash with diluted conditionner.
  • Shampoo and deep conditionning every 6 weeks after removing weaves or other style.
  • Get the style redone immediately after airdrying or two weeks after.
  • my braids wil be NOT TIGHT and i'll re-do the front and the back every two weeks

MizaniMami

Yes! I thought it was my OCD side. But I plan to continue to do the same thing, except I will start washing midday to giv emy hair more time to airdry in home, without having to be in cold air.

I will:

Wash once per week (clarify first lather)-Aveda DR/Keracare

Cowash once per week-Keracare (KC)+KC Essential oils

Moisturize twice Daily with my Spray concoction (KC Humecto +oils+water) Seal with Spray oil

Nexxus Emergencee every two weeks.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'm going to get a relaxer in August and then a full weave in October. I'll probably keep it until New Years.

LovelyLionessa

MizaniMami said:
Yes! I thought it was my OCD side. But I plan to continue to do the same thing, except I will start washing midday to giv emy hair more time to airdry in home, without having to be in cold air

Girl, you are not alone! I have a few OCDs too and they all seem to be related to my HAIR! :lol: :look:

I too have begun to look towards fall in terms of my hair care. Heck this is the regimen I am trying to implement now!:

1-2x a week I will pre-poo with conditioner and oils on dry hair,
poo, followed by in-shower conditioning or deep conditioning under hood dryer.
Airdry then flat iron from roots to mid shaft for additional straightening and smoothness.
Maintain styles at night with bantu knots and twistouts.
Set and seal ends on self holding magnetic rollers.
Moisturize and oil hair 2-3x a day. :)

Shea

I guess I will do the regular regimen wash one a week, co wash one a week, take vitamins, and wear protective styles. I put mine in a baggie and in a homemade french roll.

taraglam2

My Fall Regime is fairly simple

Wash once a week with AVEDA Damage Remedy Shampoo
Condition once a week with AVEDA Damage Remedy Treatment

Co-wash in between with AVEDA Damage Remedy Conditioner or a V05 Conditioner

Pre-shampoo treatments with SPECTRUM Organic Coconut Oil on dry hair with plastic cap overnight or at least 1 hour prior to washing hair

Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-in Cream as a daily Moisturizer on dry hair.

Wash-n-go bun or regular nicely styled bun keeping ends protected and wearing hair down maybe once or twice a month (special occasions)

CurliDiva

I plan to keep it SIMPLE:

Sew-in weave - re-do every 2 months

Condtioner wash every WED and SUN

Clarifying shampoo once per month

Leave-ins mix / Vitamins / Healthy food & exercise daily

I want to use up all of my hair products before buying anything in 2007!:lol:

leleepop

I probably keep it the same. I wash twice a week. Moisturize twice a day. I think I'll bun one week,braidout next,bun third week,the rollerset/w roots flatironed on holiday weeks.Deep condition every week.

NewYorkgyrl

I'm going to be doing the Crown and Glory. I'll keep the braids in for 7-8 weeks. While in the braids:
Make sure I wash with CON (green and white bottle) once a week and use a strengthener and braid spray on scalp ONLY after washing.

Everday I will use a sea sponge to moisturize my braids the Crown and Glory way (excpet on Wednesdays). On my scalp I will apply surge at night and La India/Neosporin AF mix in the morning.

Once a week (on Wednesdays) I will do an Amla Rinse

When I am not in braids for 7-8 weeks:
I will do a Henna & Indigo treatment the week before I go to the salon (keeping my hair up in a bun or ponytail during that week). I will go to the salon (only once) to get my hair blow dried, flat ironed and cut (getting rid of those relaxed ends)
The other weeks I will wear a pony tail, bun, or headwrap...making sure to use MTG on my hairline at night (just in case the braids do some damage). Maybe I will attempt to do a rollerset and flatiron on my own, one time within this period using the Coconut Milk and Lime method in order to naturally straighten out my hair to get a more sleek and straight look.

I hope I can stick to it........

tenderheaded

I plan to wash 1x wkly, pre poo with coconut oil/Suave mixture for at least 2 hrs, deep condition every wk with Silk Elements Megasilk, Mega Cholersterol, SE Hair Mayo.

At least 2x wkly, I plan to use a treatment cap after I use my leave in and coconut oil. I discovered during the summer my head produces a lot of moisture so I might as well use it:grin:

karezone

My fall regime won't start until it gets cold. I will be wearing falls and phony ponies. I have already purchased a fall hairsisters.com. I wear it around the house so that I can get used to it.

My hair has grown a lot since I came home. I can just imagine how much more length I will retain when I cut back on the heat styling.

sareca

I'm braided from now until the end of October, then preparing for my texturizer (clarifying, protein, porosity control,henna) for 2 weeks. Nov 15 (it's a Wed), I'm gonna relax it and rollerset for the rest of the year.

Personally l like wet buns and phonies in the summer and rollersets in the winter. I can't stand wet hair when it's cold outside. :nono:

babyanjel

I'll be washing 1X weekly and attempting to rollerset my own hair. If that doesn't work out I'll continue to air dry & flat iron.
I will also be moisturizing daily instead of every other day and wrapping nightly.

curlyj

I believe the members name is laketta...Anyway, she wore a wig for 3years and is almost BSL- having started at somewhere around earlength...I did the wig last winter(which is a blessing in NY winters) and plan on doin it again. I hope to reach BSL in back and APL in front wiggin it this winter. I finally hit a modest APL...

Moisture treatment, protein treatment(mild-med.) = 1x week
MTG/WGO= 3-4x week

Peachtree

I started thinking about my fall regimen, but i haven't finalized it just yet.
I'll probably continue doing what has been working for me, minus the heavy humectants.

krissyprissy

-Shampoo 1x weekly
-Deep Co 1x Weekly
-Add leave-in and dry straight under hood dryer(to cold for air dry)
-Wear protective styles(bun,french roll, etc.)
-Moisturize Daily

SkinnyMocah

I haven't really thought about it. I do low maintenance styles during the week and wash & deep condition on the weekends because I have more time. I live in Atlanta so I don't really have to deal with cold weather. Nor am I outside for more than a few minutes a day in the fall or winter. Only thing I have to worry about is the rain and I NEEEEEEEEEEED to find my umbrella! It rains like someone turned on the hose... I can be soaked in seconds!

My hair is pretty hearty. I take care of it but I don't baby it. I think it should be ok.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Cornrows (w/o extensions) every two weeks, Asha's Mane Attraction, Surge mix around the hairline, antiseptic braid spray, and headwraps. Basically, benign neglect during my busiest time of year.

Cooyah

I'll be in twists until November when I get to Philly again so mine goes as follows

Wash once a week with Castille soap
Deep condish with my homemade stuff
Spray daily with water and glycerine mix
MTG everyday

Iluvsmuhgrass

My fall regime will probably ride through the winter right up until the beginning of spring.

I cornrowed and wigged it last winter. HEY who needs a hat!!! hehehe Not only did my grass look GREAT my head stayed warm. I'm not too wild about weaves but I'm debating. I found a really cute style and I think I might be able to rock it... I'm on a budget so I might have to bestick with wigs....

I plan on....

*washing every one to two weeks
*MTG and WGHO
*My trusty bottle of S-Curl
*Cleaning my scalp with witch hazel when the itchies hit

LovelyLionessa

I am revising my Fall Regime. I plan on doing the following: :brainy:

Washing every 2 weeks, 1x a week if hair needs re-styling.
Pre-pooing with henna, conditioner, oil, and mayo.
ACV rinse post shampoo.
Airdrying in a braidout with ends set on small self holding rollers.
Maxigliding roots, steam burst ends.
Lightly oiling my hair in the a.m., moisturizing with a leave-in and sealing with oil before bedtime.
Styling hair overnight in a flexirod set, bun, or twistout. ;)

myco

My goal is consistency and protecting my newly trimmed ends.

I invested in a full system of products. Shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, reconstructor all from the Deep Brilliance line. I always mix and match and I think I spend more money on products that way. So I'm going to try and just use these exclusively and see if there is any benefit.

Other than that I'll continue to wash 2x a week.
Rollerset once a week and flat-iron roots as needed
Airdry in a braid or bun after the other wash.

Decrease protein treatments to 1x a month.
Touch-ups at 12 week intervals

prettywhitty

I'll continue to shampoo and DC 1x week.
Clarify every 2 weeks.
Bunning, twistouts, rollersets ( when it gets really cold, I'll stick to bunning).
Moisturize ends 2x day, use Surge daily, and WGO 2x week.
Protein treatments when necessary.