Fall/winter, Braid-out/ Twist-out Routines

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
So this is actually a re-braid out. I didn't like the first one so I moisturized and rebraided. I love this one. Braid placement makes all the difference. This is only two braids with a satin roller on the ends. It may be too frizzy for some people but I like it. I hope I can replicate this after a shampoo.

Attachments

• IMG_1281.JPG
    IMG_1281.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1274.JPG
    IMG_1274.JPG
    273.4 KB · Views: 195

Daina

So this is actually a re-braid out. I didn't like the first one so I moisturized and rebraided. I love this one. Braid placement makes all the difference. This is only two braids with a satin roller on the ends. It may be too frizzy for some people but I like it. I hope I can replicate this after a shampoo.

Very pretty, looks nice and soft!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Welp I'm a glutton for punishment. I'm attempting a twist out. I washed and deep conditioned my hair today. I put in fifteen twists on wet hair with Camille Rose curl love and almond jai twisting butter. My twists have been in for about three hours. I'm about to sit under dryer for a while because they are still pretty wet. I don't think they will be dry in morning if I don't. I'm pretty sure I will have do a wash n go in the morning.... On another note the twisting butter felt awesome.

Curls&Justice417

Yessss I need this thread! Your braidouts are lovely, ladies! After my wash routine today I did 7 braids so we'll see how it comes out tomorrow:nervous2:
I've never had a decent braid out, but I haven't tried in years. And I really took my time applying products, parting, all that instead of rushing and half assing it lol

Curls&Justice417

Can you guys get your hair to air dry over night? I miss braid outs, but now my hair is still wet in the morning.

Are you opposed to quickly running a blow dryer over the braids? I did my braids early in the afternoon, but they still felt a bit damp before bed and I didn't want to risk anything so I put my dryer on low heat and swirled it over each individual braid for a minute or two then switched to cool. Not long enough for them to dry completely, but just enough so that I know they will be able to dry overnight :yep:

LadyRaider

Are you opposed to quickly running a blow dryer over the braids? I did my braids early in the afternoon, but they still felt a bit damp before bed and I didn't want to risk anything so I put my dryer on low heat and swirled it over each individual braid for a minute or two then switched to cool. Not long enough for them to dry completely, but just enough so that I know they will be able to dry overnight :yep:

I tried once. But I guess I didn't blow dry it long enough.

nycutiepie

Well had another twist out fail. I turned it to a bun.View attachment 381115
Very nice bun. I can't get them right either.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I've been following your progress and your hair looks fabulous and has grown tremendously. You're actually a big inspiration to me and have given me the courage to wash n go.

Signed,
A Fan from the Sidelines

Curls&Justice417

Didn't turn out all that great, but whatever. I had to pin the sides back because my roots were super straight but the bottom was really curly and I had this weird triangle shape going on with my hair. I wish I could do a half way decent french braid. Tonight I'm gonna try again and position my braids higher so that I don't have flat roots.
On the plus side my hair is super soft! Thanks to Silk Elements pure oils leave in:yep::lick:

Attachments

• IMAG0371.jpg
    IMAG0371.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 165

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I tried Napp's twistout method and it's not for me. Maybe someone with thicker and less fine hair than mine. My twists looked anorexic lol. The curls looked and felt really good but my hair was going in weird directions with no shape and I had parts that I could not get out.

Attachments

• IMG_1319.JPG
    IMG_1319.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 137

Daina

My results are inconsistent as well, especially now that the weather has changed. My last twist out was a fail using Cantu Shea Butter Coconut Curling Creme and the Twist and lock gel. I ended up having to bun. Prior twist-outs with this combo came out great...go figure.:look:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Up late/early packing for our trip.

Took down my twists with the results pictured below.

Products:
First use of 22nd Century Natural Woman bar soap and "deep conditioner" (see dedicated thread for reason for the quotation marks).

Method: Cleanse and detangle with poo bar. Rinse out. Twist in and steam in "DC." Let dry overnight. Rinse out whatever percentage of the "DC" you like, leaving some in the hair. Wear twists under SLAP all day the next day, then take them down.

Take down: Unravel by holding one half of the twist at its end, gently pulling down, and letting the twist unravel itself. Pull one unraveled half of the twist apart by splitting the half down the middle. Do the same with the other half. Pick at roots as desired.

Please excuse the tired/serious face. Long day and night.

Attachments

• WP_20161223_012.jpg
    WP_20161223_012.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 120
  • WP_20161223_017.jpg
    WP_20161223_017.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 119

Curls&Justice417

You guys!! I'm so happy! I finally got a decent twist out!! I tried flat twisting for the second time last night on dry hair that had already been twisted the night before. I finally got the hang of thetechnique after watching a few videos and here are my results! Not perfect, but I'm going to keep at it. I also need to find some better products but not too bad. Excuse my face. I had woken up about 15 minutes prior to the pic

Attachments

• IMAG0417.jpg
    IMAG0417.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 97

Daina

You guys!! I'm so happy! I finally got a decent twist out!! I tried flat twisting for the second time last night on dry hair that had already been twisted the night before. I finally got the hang of thetechnique after watching a few videos and here are my results! Not perfect, but I'm going to keep at it. I also need to find some better products but not too bad. Excuse my face. I had woken up about 15 minutes prior to the pic

That came out great, looks really pretty!