Great thread!! I'll try to keep this short because fall/winter has always meant
MURDER for my hair!!! I mean, horrible, crazy, tear-jerking breakage!! And dry, dry, miserably dry, brittle, straw-like hair that even if you walked into the same room with it, it would break off!
Sorry, I just had a moment, hehe...
Anyway, my hair plans/goals are as follows:
1. Moisturize, moisturize, MOISTURIZE!!! I am not playin'! I cannot afford to get lazy with this and I WILL moisturize my hair every single day!!!
2. Co-wash no less than three times a week and DC at least once a week.
3. Get into some serious protective and low manipulation styles and learn to cornrow!
4. During the summer I haven't been using any oils but during the winter I will be sealing with Crisco. Yes Crisco! I read some really great stuff about it somewhere on this forum and want to try it.
5. Straighten my hair only when I hit my ten month mark, and then one more time at one year. But only if it's doing well and showing no signs of breakage.
6. Reach SL for the first time of my life by my one year BC anniversary!! I am DETERMINED!!! I will not this winter! I WILL RETAIN MY LENGTH!! ALL OF IT!!!! :Run:
Sorry if I went off the deep end a lil'! but this winter is really crucial to my HHJ because for the first time I actually know how to properly care for my hair and really want to see it flourish!
Um, you okay over there?