Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Regimen adjustment - After I oil and finger detangle, I put a plastic cap on while showering to keep the soap off my ends. I do my hot-to-cold rinse afterwards, if I feel like it. The one good thing about gel is that it stops those drippies while air-drying.

I decided to play with DH's ancient blow dryer (early 90s?) yesterday. This thing has only one temperature and two speeds. He only uses it when it is below zero and he has to scrape the cars, so it has lasted a looong time:

I gave mine away to a neighbor girl back in 2000 and never thought about using one again. Now I see why diffusers are needed. Look at that frizz. Windblown coils ahoy, LOL!

Yeah, I could get a sock diffuser, but nah, I will stick with air-drying.

Maybe one day I will risk a side-part...

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Regimen adjustment - After I oil and finger detangle, I put a plastic cap on while showering to keep the soap off my ends. I do my hot-to-cold rinse afterwards, if I feel like it. The one good thing about gel is that it stops those drippies while air-drying.

I decided to play with DH's ancient blow dryer (early 90s?) yesterday. This thing has only one temperature and two speeds. He only uses it when it is below zero and he has to scrape the cars, so it has lasted a looong time:

I gave mine away to a neighbor girl back in 2000 and never thought about using one again. Now I see why diffusers are needed. Look at that frizz. Windblown coils ahoy, LOL!

Yeah, I could get a sock diffuser, but nah, I will stick with air-drying.

Maybe one day I will risk a side-part...

I did a side part today, and that's rare for me. Do it!

Nice coils!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
WP_20161013_006.jpg

Today's wash and go:

1. Henna treatment for 8.5 hrs
2. SM hipo shampoo
3. DevaCurl Decadence One Condition steamed in and left in
4. KCKT
5. The Original Moxie Shape Shifter
6. KCCC
7. Air dry

Husband says back layers are bra strap length. Hmph. Well, front layers are collar bone length. No relaxer until FULL bsl!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy your hair is so lovely. I will be sad the day you put a relaxer on it.

Question: How do you put your hair away at night?

Aww! Many thanks! I'm struggling with it a bit.

Often I just wear a bonnet. I have a special needs child and another child, and often I collapse at night after all the monitoring. Every now and then I try to do better by either:
1. Putting my hair up in about 6 pony tail puffs to try to keep the hair a little separated and thus less tangly.
2. Chunky twisting in 6-8 twists (usually 8).
3. Green housing (spraying with a water/oil mix and putting on two processing caps and a bonnet).

I love being able to wash and go, and I hate that relaxed hair doesn't really allow for that (well, not MY hair when relaxed).

Yesterday I put so much time into my hair that I was just outdone! I'm going to keep trying with protein treatments and so forth to see if I can improve my hair's condition and stay natural. But I detangled for TWO HOURS yesterday and just had to stop. I never spent this much time, money, energy, research, or thought on my relaxed hair. I can't see sustaining this.

My hope: I have only ever had one true protein treatment. Quite a few folks with very fine, hipo hair have said that a high-protein DC turned their life around. I'm going to try that product and other similar products before I go anywhere near a relaxer. I won't relax unless I feel it's my best option. :yep:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Maybe it is time to try other styles to give yourself a break: pony puff, buns, roller setting, blow drying straight, braids with or with extensions, etc. Wash and goes may have to become a "sometimes" thing for you.

I worry that the GHE dampness and your fine strands may make tangling worse, but I could be wrong.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Have you tried treseme gel. I've tried it before and it was ok. Although that was during the time I was still learning my hair and couldn't get second day hair. I haven't tried it recently

I have and I didn't care for it. It smells *really* good but my hair was crispy CRISPY when it dried lol. But that was a while back so maybe my hair would respond better now.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I will continue to play around with the Suncoat gel to see if it can help decrease my hair's movement, which, in turn, may reduce knots and tangles. Fortunately, the smell is light enough to be overtaken by the EOs in my castor oil mix. I scrunch it into the coils soaking wet, keeping it off my scalp. Now, I need to keep my hands out of my hair since I cannot randomly detangle with this stuff in it. The majority of my tangles right now come from shed hairs, so this will be interesting...

theRaven

@Napp

I would like to join this awesome challenge with you ladies. Two years ago I renounced wash and go's because it was too much work and my fine hair was breaking off. Plus some days my hairstyle was just horrible.

Now I figured out the proper way to wash and go. I do weekly protein treatments at least once or twice for my fine strands. I no longer use gel which I think was the big culprit. I use Shea moisture shea butter leave-in as my holy trail conditioner, nothing else tops it. My curls are moisturized, clump, and still soft. I stretch the style for about 3 days with water sprays. I use coconut oil some days when I remember after the leave in conditioner. I also style my hair with a short bang instead of a side part. It suits my face much better.

Attachments

• 20161013_182749.jpg
    394.5 KB · Views: 40

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@Napp

I would like to join this awesome challenge with you ladies. Two years ago I renounced wash and go's because it was too much work and my fine hair was breaking off. Plus some days my hairstyle was just horrible.

Now I figured out the proper way to wash and go. I do weekly protein treatments at least once or twice for my fine strands. I no longer use gel which I think was the big culprit. I use Shea moisture shea butter leave-in as my holy trail conditioner, nothing else tops it. My curls are moisturized, clump, and still soft. I stretch the style for about 3 days with water sprays. I use coconut oil some days when I remember after the leave in conditioner. I also style my hair with a short bang instead of a side part. It suits my face much better.

I can't view the attachment, but your post is so encouraging!

Welcome!

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
@Napp

I cant see it but if i click it, it will pop up . Youre very pretty and so is your hair

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@Napp

I see it on a second try.

Goooooorgeous hair.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@Napp

:welcome:You have very pretty hair. Glad you found what works for your hair. Please keep posting we love hair pics

beingofserenity

@Napp

Pretty. Is the leave in the detangler? How do you apply it? I find it so sticky. I was thinking of diluting it with water.

theRaven

@stephanie75miller @Sharpened @shawnyblazes @YvetteWithJoy
Thanks you guys :)

@beingofserenity
Thank you. I don't believe its a detangler, at least I don't use it that way. I do think Shea Moisture has another line for detanglers.
Yes the leave in is very sticky but once it dries my hair feels fluffy and not sticky. I love that it has a pump, so I use about 3 or 4 large pumps and apply in sections on damp hair.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Wooooooooooo, awesome wash and go today!!!!!!

Wash: VO5 clarifying poo

Detangle: VO5 smoothing conditioner, rinsed out

Steamed in and left in: DevaCurl Decadence One Condition (HG!!!)

Raked in liberally: Camille Rose Naturals Curl Love Milk

Hair flashed under shower water to elongate, with a little detangling

Raked in liberally: Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker

Diffused and stretched to dry

Looooooooooooove it!!!!

Only bad note: Needed LOTS of detangling and I had just detangled recently

Attachments

• WP_20161014_003.jpg
    WP_20161014_003.jpg
    455.4 KB · Views: 39