Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥
Kinky Curly Curling Custard wash and go. I used the Knot Today leave in and applied the custard in six sections. This is the best was and go evarrrr :lol: I don't think I've ever used the Knot Today under the custard before but I will be sure to do so from now on.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 78

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This weekend's wash and go:
  1. Day 1: Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener (20 minutes): O.M.G.!!! My hair is TRANSFORMED!!!
  2. Day 1: Detangle with NaturelleGrow Protein-free Marshmallow Root DC (put in twists, DC'ed under thermal cap and DC'd overnight under processing cap and satin bonnet)
  3. Day 2: Section by section, rinse out NG DC and apply DevaCurl One Condition (felt weird this time around . . . maybe due to the Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener?). Twist wet hair into 6 sections (I tried 4, but my dense hair wasn't having it!)
  4. Day 2: Section by section, apply sample of Komaza Care Aloe My Hair Styling Gel trying to surround all strands to try to protect some from future retangling (gel has ZERO crunch but somehow has hold and coats hair really nicely . . . I think this works???)
  5. Ponytail hair with small clothy Ouchless band, leaving out hair on sides
  6. Air dry and fluff
Hair, wet and gelled and ponytailed:
2016_10_23WNG_KomazaStrength_NGDC_1Cond_KomazaAloeGel_1.png 2016_10_23WNG_KomazaStrength_NGDC_1Cond_KomazaAloeGel_2.png

Hair 80% dry:
2016_10_23WNG_KomazaStrength_NGDC_1Cond_KomazaAloeGel_5.png 2016_10_23WNG_KomazaStrength_NGDC_1Cond_KomazaAloeGel_3.png

SheenaVee

So I'm back to black hair and I'm also back to the more tamed, super defined look. I like that look in the autumn/winter whereas I always want my hair bigger and fluffier and a lighter colour in the summer.

So I'm back to using my old fave: Ecostyler, Argan oil gel.

Here's a wash and go from yesterday:

LavenderMint

Yesterday was wash day. I'm going to have to put my hair away until this wind calms down: there were so many pine needles in my head it was like I shook a Christmas tree!!
(I'll probably only last a week. Right now I'm banded in four ponytails and the plan is to wear head wraps.)

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Today I was going to go with THIS wash-and-go product combination:

2016Oct25ProductComboNOT.png

But then I thought, "What!?!!! Wow! This line up is almost ALL SHEA MOISTURE! And I don't even like them like that. Let me see if can make a one-brand WnGo happen today!!!

So I swapped out the CRN Curl Maker for the gel below.

(To enlarge, please click.)
2016Oct25ProductComboYES.png

Results: Well . . . to be fair, I was rushing and didn't take my time applying the gel. However, still: I got some crunchiness . . . and also one tiny flaky area in the front. (Neither EVER happens for me with any gel when I leave DevaCurl Decadence One Condition under the gel).

I might try it again with better/careful gel application, but prolly not. :look: ;)

ETA: I did not use the SMCES. Maybe THAT was the problem. But my hair felt so MOISTURIZED from the Manuka Conditioner . . .

Last edited:

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I washed and deep conditioned on Sunday I styled with as I am leave in and curling jelly. This is my hair today. I let it get wet a little this morning especially in the bang area and part above my left ear I applied more curling jelly to those sections as my bang area was frizzy and part above my left ear was poofy (I really think that part is 4b maybe even C. It's very soft in that area and doesn't really curl). I really need to henna this weekend but don't really have the time I may do it Friday evening and sleep with it overnight.E5B73A6F-CDD5-46D4-83AC-D34425ED4EC5.jpg

YvetteWithJoy

On break
:wave:

Hi, all. Lovely photos!

Miss you guys! :smile: I'm still on my social media hiatus until December 1 (it's been really good to focus in on fitness and family and other things), but I permitted myself to log in to post at a poignant thread.

While logged in, I thought I'd share the wash-and-go technique I've found that's allowing me to wash-and-go without getting tangles and SSKs. She calls it a wash-and-go, but it's really a hybrid twist-out /wash-and-go, in my opinion. I think I'm going to refer to it as a wash-and-twist-and-blow . . . or something. :look:

Although the Curl Doctor (I think that's the guy's "name"???) says that heat from blow drying is okay, I'm saving this style for once-a-week at the most (usually Sundays for church). The rest of the time I'm wearing a low-hanging, pony-tailed twist-out that keeps my hair stretched, near tangle-free, and EASILY refreshed in the morning and protected at night. With all of this, hair care and styling and detangling are a breeze now, and I'm so grateful!:yahoo:

Here's my hair on my second attempt at the wash-and-tension-blow-twist-out-wash-and-wear :rolleyes: (NOTE: I use a strong gel [DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel] so that my ends are separated and sealed, and I'm getting virtually no tangles or SSKs): https://blossomingfitnatural.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/10thanniversaryhaircropped.png?w=328&h=315

Here's her demo video:

I won't be able to reply to this thread until December 1, but I wanted to make sure I shared this here in case it helps anyone, especially anyone dealing with SSks/tangles.

Blessings, all!

Amarilles

:wave:

Here's her demo video:

I won't be able to reply to this thread until December 1, but I wanted to make sure I shared this here in case it helps anyone, especially anyone dealing with SSks/tangles.

Blessings, all!
Ah I do something like this! After washing I twist the hair (with just condish/leave-in), afterwhich I undo each twist, and apply a glob of gel to each strand. I do this to reduce volume, frizziness and control my puffy roots better. My WnG lasts 5-6 days longer than otherwise :yep: And I usually get under the drier after I gel. I would avoid all this if flatter, sleeker hair is not your thing, though.