Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

pearcey

Thanks Napp. Someone - I can't remember who now- posted a pic (attached) of a protective style that inspired me;View attachment 383045

That is beautiful. Are those hair parts "normal" ?

My hair is this way now, never been as long as it is and i am fretting a bit

but wasnt sure if it was just my hair growing more. Thanks so much for posting.

I wanted to start a thread but didnt know the words.

GGsKin

That is beautiful. Are those hair parts "normal" ?

My hair is this way now, never been as long as it is and i am fretting a bit

but wasnt sure if it was just my hair growing more. Thanks so much for posting.

I wanted to start a thread but didnt know the words.

Hi @pearcey. If you're talking about the width of her partings (hair looking full or sparse), then yes I'd say they look normal to me, for her hair.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Here is my hair today I wet it this morning and reapplied the alikay naturals curl lotion and the aloe berry gel. I didn't have time to sit under dryer this morning but it's already mostly dry. Thank God it's not really cold yet. We might have snow on Friday though.View attachment 384617
Stephanie I always adore your hair and the growth you've had since the beg of the thread is awesome. I personally love the as I am gel on your hair the best but that's just my opinion. It looks great with all the gels you use but that one in particular is my fave on you.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Stephanie I always adore your hair and the growth you've had since the beg of the thread is awesome. I personally love the as I am gel on your hair the best but that's just my opinion. It looks great with all the gels you use but that one in particular is my fave on you.
Aww thanks you are so sweet. The as I am is one of my favorites as well, but the product junkie in me won't let stop trying other gels. You made me smile.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I've been quietly crusin through my winter wash n goes. I wash,dc and style my hair once a week. so far I like the results of Shea moisture detangler and wet line extreme gel. my wash n go lasts all week.

This week I felt like I wanted to try something new so I purchased mirta de perales extreme hold gel and hask super leave in. here are my results

I had soft touchable hair that dried quickly. let's see how long this wash n go lasts. this may be a hg gel for me!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I've been quietly crusin through my winter wash n goes. I wash,dc and style my hair once a week. so far I like the results of Shea moisture detangler and wet line extreme gel. my wash n go lasts all week.

This week I felt like I wanted to try something new so I purchased mirta de perales extreme hold gel and hask super leave in. here are my results

I had soft touchable hair that dried quickly. let's see how long this wash n go lasts. this may be a hg gel for me!
Is this the gel?
Is this an appropriate price? I'm always on the hunt for more gels.

GGsKin

:love: :love: :love: @Napp I was gonna say your hair looks sooo soft, and then I scroll down and read what you wrote lol. It really does look touchable. You may have to smack some hands away this week:catfight: lol

VictoriousBrownFlower

So recently I tried another product for my wash and goes and it's just my second time using it but so far I'm in love. It's the Camille Rose Curl Maker.

I loved the Edens Body Works but it just didn't last long enough for me. So I went on the search for something that would last longer. From the reviews on here (mainly stephanie's) I decided to try it. I am so glad I did. It did everything the Curl Creme did but with none of the cons.

The first time I used it my hair lasted 6 days. It would have gone longer but I wanted to wash my hair to experiment more with it.

I'm on my second wash and go with this product and it came out better than the first time. My hair was fluffier and fuller the way I like it but still elongated and even though today was day 5 it has minimal frizz. It can totally go another day. Day 5 looks like previous wash and goes day 2.

I'm so glad I tried it. Thanks @stephanie75miller for posting the pics that made me want to try it.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So recently I tried another product for my wash and goes and it's just my second time using it but so far I'm in love. It's the Camille Rose Curl Maker.

I loved the Edens Body Works but it just didn't last long enough for me. So I went on the search for something that would last longer. From the reviews on here (mainly stephanie's) I decided to try it. I am so glad I did. It did everything the Curl Creme did but with none of the cons.

The first time I used it my hair lasted 6 days. It would have gone longer but I wanted to wash my hair to experiment more with it.

I'm on my second wash and go with this product and it came out better than the first time. My hair was fluffier and fuller the way I like it but still elongated and even though today was day 5 it has minimal frizz. It can totally go another day. Day 5 looks like previous wash and goes day 2.

I'm so glad I tried it. Thanks @stephanie75miller for posting the pics that made me want to try it.
I'm glad you liked it. Camille Rose is one of my favorite lines.

My hair did not like the Eden body works gel or cream at all.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I'm glad you liked it. Camille Rose is one of my favorite lines.

My hair did not like the Eden body works gel or cream at all.
Eden's styling products seem to be either a love or hate type of thing for people. It's def not for everyone looking at the reviews on youtube. Most complained as I did that the style just didn't last. What didn't you like about it?

I got 7 days out of this wash and go but by day 6 I had to clip up the front and wear it half up half down. It still looked really cute though. My hair was super soft too. I think I've found my holy grail styler. I love everything about it. It really reminds me of the old kiss my face upper management gel.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Eden's styling products seem to be either a love or hate type of thing for people. It's def not for everyone looking at the reviews on youtube. Most complained as I did that the style just didn't last. What didn't you like about it?

I got 7 days out of this wash and go but by day 6 I had to clip up the front and wear it half up half down. It still looked really cute though. My hair was super soft too. I think I've found my holy grail styler. I love everything about it. It really reminds me of the old kiss my face upper management gel.
Well when tried the curling cream it provided no hold whatsoever. It just set on top of my hair. Although that's what most creams do so I wasn't too surprised. When I tried the gel it left my hair hard.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Well when tried the curling cream it provided no hold whatsoever. It just set on top of my hair. Although that's what most creams do so I wasn't too surprised. When I tried the gel it left my hair hard.
Oh okay. It didn't provide enough hold for me either. It looked great on day 1 and 2 but by day 3 it was a frizzy mess. It also made my hair really oily which I hated.

Are you low porosity? That might be why creams sit on top of your hair.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I tried a few new things this wash day
Devacurl b'leave in
Devacurl Arc angel gel

Now when wet my curls looked great. I like that my hair looked extra full and I had not even dried it yet.

So I saw on YouTube Mahogany curls had a video about her wash n go dried in one hour with the devatowel. so I went and got me a devatowel since I hate walking around with wet hair and would like to use less heat on my hair.

So I put it on and slept with it on. the next morning I took it off and my hair was still wet and the curls looked crazy. I guess I have a hair texture that does not "plop". the hold was also way too soft so I'm putting it in my summer gel stash.

So after all dat I went to sallys to make a bad day a little better. I remember mahogany curls used Paul Mitchell the conditioner back in the day before she became sponsored. so since sallys had the gvp version, I decided to try it.

So today I used PM the conditioner with wet line xtreme gel and I noticed my hair is less sticky than when I use Shea moisture products as leave ins.

The true test will be how long this lasts. I need my wash n goes to last me a full week and look decent.

Here are my results. my hair is less shiny than usual but its fuller, more elongated and less sticky to the touch.

Compared to my usual results

Last edited:

OhTall1

First pics of 2017.
View media item 128975DevaCurl No Poo Decadence
Eden Bodyworks jojoba monoi deep conditioner
Kenra curl styling conditioner as a leave in
Eden Bodyworks pudding souffle
argan oil
Camille Rose curl maker gel
Dried with diffuser until 50% dry

I didn't realize until after I'd already started washing today, but I went a full 7 days without rewashing. I just used my DIY refresher spray twice a day and my hair didn't get dry at all. I colored last weekend and used some products that I don't typically use on a regular basis (Schwartzkopf Vibrance demi permanent color plus Sally's Fauxlaplex products) but I'm hoping to get good results again this week.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Reviving the coils after detangling and a week of the puff. First step, oil and water finger-detangle, then clay wash:

Two days later, oil and water only, second-day hair:

Two days later, oil and water, followed by guava tea rinse. My hair loved that tea. Hair is 70% dry here:

Today, one week later, mostly dry and normal again. Water, oil, and Transition Creme (rinsed-out):

Maybe one day I will care about perfectly defined coils... Maybe not...

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
has anyone had a wash n go last two weeks? (yes im getting lazier.)

I am currently loving my eco styler hair and paul mitchell the conditioner leave in. my hair is soft and touchable even a week later. I kinda want to see how much I can get away with!:look: For science of course!:brainy: LOL
I wish I could but the sheds scare me, causing me too many tangles. Enjoy the freedom you have, my dear.

GGsKin

has anyone had a wash n go last two weeks? (yes im getting lazier.)

I am currently loving my eco styler hair and paul mitchell the conditioner leave in. my hair is soft and touchable even a week later. I kinda want to see how much I can get away with!:look: For science of course!:brainy: LOL

Lol test those limits. I have but I hate removing all the shed hair so I try not to go that long.