Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
Hey ladies. I'm still around, but not posting pictures because my latest wash n gos have been pretty bad. I was testing out all of the Eco Styler gels to see if one worked similar to my wetline results. So far, no, though the Krystal got close. I am going to try one more - the castor oil one - before I quit experimenting and go back to what works.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Day #7 and rarely ever go this long without watering my head.

My hair ate my part yesterday:

I did get some pilling of gel, like it rolled off my strands. I have no idea why these little lumps are brown:

This was stick out the back of my head:

Dampened fingers and gel took care of it:

A head full of tiny telephone cords. See if you can spot the coil I fixed 30 minutes prior:

Alma Petra

Thank you. I wanna see what your hair will be in a few years. I bet you will be surprised.

Normal, but in the past, I was low porosity.
Thank you dear! I can't wait for that time to come!
I am interested in how you dealt with your low porosity while it lasted and to what you attribute this later change in porosity.

I suspect that my natural roots are low porosity and that this is why they are always crunchy, rough to touch and seemingly not easy to moisturize (crunchy and rough might be an inherent characteristic as well but I'd like to explore the possibility of them being low po)
Any insights will be greatly appreciated.
TIA!

VinaytheMrs

Loving Life
I'm on day 7 hair. I added Eden Body Works jojoba deep conditioner, jojoba oil and coconut gel. I've been massaging at least 2 mins every night and day and I got stubble on my bald spot.

I'm using an Indian hair fall cream and shikakai oil. So far so good! I'm going to order the essential oils @discodumpling recommended soon.
This is slept on hair with a satin pillowcase inhavent refreshed for the day and may not.

IMG_0539.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG IMG_0538.JPG

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm on day 7 hair. I added Eden Body Works jojoba deep conditioner, jojoba oil and coconut gel. I've been massaging at least 2 mins every night and day and I got stubble on my bald spot.

I'm using an Indian hair fall cream and shikakai oil. So far so good! I'm going to order the essential oils @discodumpling recommended soon.
This is slept on hair with a satin pillowcase inhavent refreshed for the day and may not.

View attachment 397777
View attachment 397773 View attachment 397775
Very nice. Glad you are getting some growth with your bald spot. Keep up the good work.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
So... I decided to try a WNG for the first time :look:. I hope I don't regret it in the next few days. I used Alikay Lemongrass Leave-in, Donna Marie Hair Whip, and Eco Styler Flaxeed and Black Castor Oil. My hair is still not completely dry though. I woke up this morning and just applied some oil.

Does anyone just use oil or some typ of mouisturiser to refresh, or just water? I don't feel like using water so I opted for oil instead.

IMG_1060.JPG IMG_1062.JPG IMG_1075.JPG

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So... I decided to try a WNG for the first time :look:. I hope I don't regret it in the next few days. I used Alikay Lemongrass Leave-in, Donna Marie Hair Whip, and Eco Styler Flaxeed and Black Castor Oil. My hair is still not completely dry though. I woke up this morning and just applied some oil.

Does anyone just use oil or some typ of mouisturiser to refresh, or just water? I don't feel like using water so I opted for oil instead.

View attachment 398469 View attachment 398471 View attachment 398473
Very nice. I refresh with water. I don't use oils aside from what's already in the products I use. I believe @Sharpened uses oils in her regimen. Keep practicing wash n goes they get easier. How do you normally wear your hair?

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
@Coilystep I normally wear my hair in twists to stretch my hair. I just wanted a change. I deal with ssk's a lot so that's what kept me from ever doing a WNG in the first place. I'll see how my hair fares in the next few days and assess from there.

@Sharpened Thanks. I'll try experimenting and see how my hair responds.
Oil rinsing can help reduce SSKs. Castor oil is king to me because it leaves a slight film behind that can aid in detangling.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
@flyygirlll2 i also meant to ask how are you detangling?

I like detangling once a week with a wide tooth comb in the shower. I will also finger detangle. I cut brushes out of my regimen pretty early in my journey. I hated the way they sounded going through my hair.

Deep conditioning once every couple of weeks and occasional protein treatments are a must for my hair as well.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Oil rinsing can help reduce SSKs. Castor oil is king to me because it leaves a slight film behind that can aid in detangling.

I'll have to give Oil rinsing another try. I was doing it for a bit after my BC but stopped because I didn't notice a big difference at the time. I believe part of the problem is my hair being dry. My hair doesn't respond well to too many things unfortunately.

@flyygirlll2 i also meant to ask how are you detangling?

I like detangling once a week with a wide tooth comb in the shower. I will also finger detangle. I cut brushes out of my regimen pretty early in my journey. I hated the way they sounded going through my hair.

Deep conditioning once every couple of weeks and occasional protein treatments are a must for my hair as well.

I've been primarily finger detangling since I went natural. Yesterday however, was the first time in a long time that I used a wide tooth comb and a smaller comb in the shower to detangle. It definitely helped. I shed a lot so I think just finger detangling doesn't get all the shed hairs out. I'm going to use a comb on wash day from now on.

pinkchocolatedaisy

It always happens for me and my hair this way...everybody going right and myhair wants to go left. I really wanted to like the new eco Flax....but my hair is like nope, with a leave-in , without a leavein, with a moisturizer or without a moisturizer my 2nd and beyond day hair is unacceptable with this product. It effortlessly sucks the moisture out of my hair! Multi day hair is just not possible with this product because I fear the resulting dryness will lead to breakage.
Now that new Coconut gel though...I was prepared not to like it after watching and reading an abundance of negative reviews. But my hair is like "yaaaaasssss bih; this is what we like!!" Soft defined and flakeless curls & kinks! Give us more give us more!! The coconut will go into regular rotation along with Argan, and Olive Oil Eco and the Flax will be banished to teenage boy use only.

Same. Tried many times, different ways with the castor oil. No bueno. Dry, crispy ashy looking hair. But the coconut oil one...that's my hair's best friend lol! I think I got up to 3...nearly pushed to 4 day hair. Which at my current length is no small feat.

discodumpling

Washed with tresseme curls. Deep conditioned with mane choice under dryer for thirty minutes. Styled with ors (see pictures for correct name). My hair super soft and fluffy. I feel like I will have to rewet daily and apply more product with this. Will reaccess as the week progresses. It smells good. View attachment 398633 View attachment 398635 View attachment 398637 View attachment 398639 View attachment 398641 View attachment 398643
Tell me more about the butter glaze.. is it sticky? How did it dry?
I have the leave in and the butter and the leave in is a keeper but that butter just sits on top of my hair!