Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

pinkchocolatedaisy

Day 3 hair, got super crazy looking post workout yesterday. Plus, I think eco olive oil is not very moisturizing for me. So last night I braided it up but it came out funky looking this morning. Hence the updo.

Nvm my flexing lol. This from my snap and then I noticed not a bad shot of my hair

Attachments

• Snapchat-1413492535.jpg
    Snapchat-1413492535.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

GettingKinky

Another question how many sections do you ladies do for applying gel and how big are the sections? I'm impatient and I'm pretty sure my sections will be too big.

pinkchocolatedaisy

Another question how many sections do you ladies do for applying gel and how big are the sections? I'm impatient and I'm pretty sure my sections will be too big.

I separate into 4 sections and then into subsections. It is time consuming (between 20-30 minutes for me) but I get more definition and movement this way. I can also get up to 4 days wear doing it this way.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
For me, 10 or more, depending on how many twists I put in my hair after detangling. How well your hair clumps as you rake the gel through will tell you if you need to make them smaller or can increase the size.

GettingKinky

My first serious attempt at a wash n go. I used
- DB daily leave in conditioner
- grapeseed oil
- wetline extreme gel

I put it in 16 sections it took me 10-15 minutes. Now I'm using clips to help stretch, I hope the curl pattern under the clips isn't messed up too much.

Most likely I'm going to end up putting this in a ponytail/puff

Attachments

• IMG_8500.JPG
    IMG_8500.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
- grapeseed oil
- wetline extreme gel

I put it in 16 sections it took me 10-15 minutes. Now I'm using clips to help stretch, I hope the curl pattern under the clips isn't messed up too much.

Looks good so far!

15 minutes??? :up: That's what's up! :yep:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
- grapeseed oil
- wetline extreme gel

I see curls, not coils. I would not worry about stretching yet because your hair need time to learn which strands are in which clump group. Relax, let your hair do its thing.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
So I like the way my hair turned out but I don't love it. It's so stiff with no movement. How do I fix that?
Your hair looks good. It's going take a few times for you to get use to it. You need to experiment with different gels and different ways to apply the gel. I know you stated you worked in several sections but how did you apply the conditioner and gel.
Depending upon my product application the end results are different. If you are looking for more movement you may want to try lighter gels like Camille rose, kinky curly or as I am all come to mind. I like wetline however it is a thick gel and I wouldn't expect a lot of movement with it. I usually reserve it for puffs personally.

whiteoleander91

stay at your best ♥

Like this @GettingKinky . Y'all let me know if the pic is too big :lol: I'm on my phone

GettingKinky

Your hair looks good. It's going take a few times for you to get use to it. You need to experiment with different gels and different ways to apply the gel. I know you stated you worked in several sections but how did you apply the conditioner and gel.
Depending upon my product application the end results are different. If you are looking for more movement you may want to try lighter gels like Camille rose, kinky curly or as I am all come to mind. I like wetline however it is a thick gel and I wouldn't expect a lot of movement with it. I usually reserve it for puffs personally.

Thanks. I put the gel on my fingers and ran my fingers down each section from root to tip. If I thought a part of my hair didn't get enough gel, I went back and added more. Is there a different way to apply?

I will also look into lighter gels.

GettingKinky

@pinkchocolatedaisy that shingling video is awesome. I LOVE her hair! If shingling would give me definition and movement like that I might be willing to do it. But that must take at least an hour and I'm so lazy.

Do you ladies shingle?

Sorry for all the newbie questions. I haven't really given my hair much thought during the last few years of my transition.