Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Do you feel that use of the FL brush is a good technique?

Does your Soultanicals gelly come out with use of the pump?
If you don't mind shrinkage, I think the FL brush is a good tool. I was able to get much more definition, especially in places I haven't before.

Yes I had no issue with the Sprung coming out of the pump. I plan to grab more during the sale.

GettingKinky

I tried again today. Here's what I did

• Overnight DC with AOWC + grapeseed oil
  • Wash with baking soda
  • Kenra moisturizing conditioner
  • ACV rinse
  • Lots of DB daily leave in conditioner applied in 4 sections
  • Wetline extreme hold level 4 applied in 4 sections and each section broken into 3-4 sections. sprayed each section with water and combed with fine tooth comb.
  • Added more gel to each big section after small sections.
I used what seemed like an obscene amount of leave in conditioner and gel. I hope it turns out. Right now it's still pretty wet and I like it. I'll see how it dries.

Attachments

• IMG_8579.JPG
    IMG_8579.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8580.JPG
    IMG_8580.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 90

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I tried again today. Here's what I did

• Overnight DC with AOWC + grapeseed oil
  • Wash with baking soda
  • Kenra moisturizing conditioner
  • ACV rinse
  • Lots of DB daily leave in conditioner applied in 4 sections
  • Wetline extreme hold level 4 applied in 4 sections and each section broken into 3-4 sections. sprayed each section with water and combed with fine tooth comb.
  • Added more gel to each big section after small sections.
I used what seemed like an obscene amount of leave in conditioner and gel. I hope it turns out. Right now it's still pretty wet and I like it. I'll see how it dries.
Looks really good.

GettingKinky

I like giovanni direct. Something about it actually starts to form the curls when I apply it. Then the gel further defines the curls that the leave in creates.

When you did your wash and go did you comb through it before or after you applied the gel?

I combed after I added the gel and then I added more gel.

VictoriousBrownFlower

I combed after I added the gel and then I added more gel.
That could be why it didn't turn out as curly and clumped as you would like. Maybe next time you do a wash and go you could forgo the fine toothed comb and see if that makes a diff in the clumpage and definition. Combing with a fine toothed comb could seperate the curls and cause frizz instead of encouraging clumpage.

Some people find any type of combing other than finger combing causes frizz even when dcing before a wash and go. I personally don't have a prob with using a wide toothed comb but paddle brushs, and denman type brushes encourage curls to form and clump as well.

GettingKinky

Thanks @BronxJazzy I'll try a different combing technique next time. But I think it may be that the front of my hair just isn't very curly because the hair in the back curls so nicely and the front just doesn't want to cooperate. If I had an entire head of hair like the back of my head, I'd be a really happy camper.

But at least this time my hair has movement. It was so stiff last week. I can see that that is going to be a never ending learning process.

VictoriousBrownFlower

Thanks @BronxJazzy I'll try a different combing technique next time. But I think it may be that the front of my hair just isn't very curly because the hair in the back curls so nicely and the front just doesn't want to cooperate. If I had an entire head of hair like the back of my head, I'd be a really happy camper.

But at least this time my hair has movement. It was so stiff last week. I can see that that is going to be a never ending learning process.

It's weird because I notice alot of naturals have looser hair in the front. My front also just waves up but you learn to just accept the little quirks of natural hair.

It takes time but I know your already beautiful hair will be perfected in less time than you think. One little tweak can make a huge difference. In the beg I would redo my hair at times everyday to try to get a style right. Each time implimenting one little idea that I felt might make a difference.

You are def getting there though. Everytime you do it I see more and more improvements. So don't stress it.

Luscious850

Sunday July 2, 2017

Wash day process
:
1. Shampoo: SM JBCO
2. DC: SM raw shea butter
3. Moisturizer: SM: curl enhancing smoothie
4. Styler: Eco styler gel olive oil

------
Results:
Very soft long lasting curls. The results with this combo are very consistent for me.

-----
Final thoughts:
This is styling made easy 1 hr a week and I'm set. No hassle. Definitely a staple.
  • Pro: ZERO flaking with my stylers
  • Pro: easy finger detangling (lots of slip!)
  • Pro: left my hair defined and improved elasticity
  • Pro: decreased shedding/breakage
  • Pro: very light gel cast (barely counts as a cast really, I can shake and go)
  • Pro: lots of movement
  • Con: none so far
-----
Random Hair Thoughts:
My hair has been getting a lot less shedding on this routine. Im going to continue with it and monitor my results.

Attachments

• IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 85

Alma Petra

Sunday July 2, 2017

Wash day process
:
1. Shampoo: SM JBCO
2. DC: SM raw shea butter
3. Moisturizer: SM: curl enhancing smoothie
4. Styler: Eco styler gel olive oil

------
Results:
Very soft long lasting curls. The results with this combo are very consistent for me.

-----
Final thoughts:
This is styling made easy 1 hr a week and I'm set. No hassle. Definitely a staple.
  • Pro: ZERO flaking with my stylers
  • Pro: easy finger detangling (lots of slip!)
  • Pro: left my hair defined and improved elasticity
  • Pro: decreased shedding/breakage
  • Pro: very light gel cast (barely counts as a cast really, I can shake and go)
  • Pro: lots of movement
  • Con: none so far
-----
Random Hair Thoughts:
My hair has been getting a lot less shedding on this routine. Im going to continue with it and monitor my results.

Amazing curls. It reminds me a lot of @Sharpened's hair.

SheenaVee

I hacked off my hair once again. lol. I think I cut it even shorter than it was when I first ever bced. This is the shortest my hair has ever been and I'm loving it so much! Took me a while to figure out how to style it and during that time I was having some regrets but now I love it. I feel like short hair suits my face better or something. Idk.

It's actually grown out a little coz it's been about a couple of months since I cut it. It was even shorter than this.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I hacked off my hair once again. lol. I think I cut it even shorter than it was when I first ever bced. This is the shortest my hair has ever been and I'm loving it so much! Took me a while to figure out how to style it and during that time I was having some regrets but now I love it. I feel like short hair suits my face better or something. Idk.

It's actually grown out a little coz it's been about a couple of months since I cut it. It was even shorter than this.

You're hair is always cute no matter the length. Your curls are popping.

GettingKinky

I worked out yesterday (TONS) of sweat and now my roots are a big frizzy undefined mess. Even when fresh my roots are problematic. I don't think they will ever survive a workout.

How do I get my roots to behave??

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I worked out yesterday (TONS) of sweat and now my roots are a big frizzy undefined mess. Even when fresh my roots are problematic. I don't think they will ever survive a workout.

How do I get my roots to behave??
Have you thought about or tried finger coils. They will take a few hours to put in but should last several days. I would suggest doing them small enough that you don't have to separate them out. They always survive my most intense workouts. Just wet them in the shower to refresh.
Here are a picture of some. IMG_1062.JPG
Here is a tutorial on them. Keep in mind you can use any conditioner and gel combo.

Daina

So this is day 4. If I could get used to big hair I could wear it. I'll wear it run errands and around the house but not to work. I just couldn't handle all the looks and comments I'd get from coworkers.

My hair is the same way, my curl pattern is much, much more defined in the back while the front varies significantly. My wash n go's look great from the back, the front I normally end up pinning up because it just won't behave. It's the first to frizz out and swell into an undefined hot mess. I have yet to crack the code...

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I did a wash n go with cream of nature Argan Oil products. The twirling custard did nothing for my hair, but the pudding clumped my curls so well. I paired the pudding with clear Eco Styler because the pudding wasn't enough on its own. The cream of nature smell gave me a headache at first, but it is dissipating.

I don't know what I did with the other pictures. All I have left is pic collage of first day hair. The side with the one long Curl is just pudding and Eco. The other side has custard, pudding and Eco.

Attachments

• Collage 2017-07-04 15_20_59.jpg
    Collage 2017-07-04 15_20_59.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 54