Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
did a wash ngo with CR curl maker and wetline xtreme gel, so far i like it.i have 3 day hair so far.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I went on vacation for a week. I was swimming in the ocean, in the pool, and out in the hot sun. The water pressure at the place we were staying was sooo low so I decided to skip washing my hair. Now I'm back home and my hair is sooo dry and and crunchy and tangled. It's going to take hours to get it back to normal and detangled. No wash in go for me today. It has to dry in braids in order to retain as much moisture as possible.
Never again.
I haven't vacationed with my hair out yet. I always get braids. I'm sure with some tlc your hair will be back to normal in no time.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I accidentally love my "wash and go" today! :clap:

Process
  • The other day I washed my hair with HairPrint Chelating Shampoo and applied DevaCurl Decadence One Condition in the shower and ponytailed it. I wore it like that all day.

• Then yesterday around 10 AM (attended late church service at a different church) I removed the ponytail band, saturated my hair with water in the shower leaving a little of the One Condition in, and then at the sink applied Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker in medium-sized sections using the praying hands method. I made sure each section felt "slimy" with the gel.
I ponytailed that.

So this MORNING I get up excepting to wash my hair, detangle with DC & KareCo Tangle Buster, and then trial the new-to-me Alikay Brulee Curling Custard.

HOWEVER . . . when I removed my ponytail and started stretching and shaping and using the Conair "Lift Me" comb, I saw a "wash and go" that I love!!! It might be a combo of getting just slightly more length and the stretching effect of having ponytailed to stretch my hair, but I love the definition and shape and stretch! I'm looking at my hair and thinking, "I fully like THIS hair." Yaaaaaaay!

Next time, I'm going to try splitting my hair in to 2 sections horizontally and ponytailing those two sections: This because some of my hair in the back didn't get stretched, and 2 ponytails might help. Horizontal sectioning because if I section vertically, I feel I'll lose some of the "pull" on the front sections of my hair.

GettingKinky

I was all excited to do day 1 of MHM and then a wash n go this weekend and then I remembered that I'm getting my hair straightened on Thursday. And I have quite a bit of travel coming up so I don't know when I can do my next wash n go. :-(

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Wish me luck! And please throw in some prayers!

I'm about to go all in for the first time and commit to doing the long "rake and smooth the product through small sections" method.

Plan:
  1. Section hair with Goody Updo Barrettes.
  2. Detangle/DC (leaving a little bit in after rinse) with Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee (first time use, fingers crossed)
  3. Hydrate with aloe Vera juice
  4. Shingle and smooth small sections with the Kool Aid -smelling, new-to-me Alikay Naturals Creme Brulee custard (has great reviews, fingers crossed hard :pray:)
  5. Diffuse

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Wish me luck! And please throw in some prayers!

I'm about to go all in for the first time and commit to doing the long "rake and smooth the product through small sections" method.

Plan:
  1. Section hair with Goody Updo Barrettes.
  2. Detangle/DC (leaving a little bit in after rinse) with Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee (first time use, fingers crossed)
  3. Hydrate with aloe Vera juice
  4. Shingle and smooth small sections with the Kool Aid -smelling, new-to-me Alikay Naturals Creme Brulee custard (has great reviews, fingers crossed hard :pray:)
  5. Diffuse
Good luck however I think you will like the results better with camille rose curl maker and one of her leave ins. Kinky curly knot today and kinky curly custard would garner better results. Alikay naturs just smell good :look:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Good luck however I think you will like the results better with camille rose curl maker and one of her leave ins. Kinky curly knot today and kinky curly custard would garner better results. Alikay naturs just smell good :look:

Thanks, lady!

:lol: So, I looooooove the look, do not like the smell once diffused. I saw that you said you don't like those tiny pics, so this time I'll post the pics full size.

I will try this same method with Kinky Curly (the leave-in and gel). This stuff actually has me liking my 'fro! :smile: My hair is soft, defined, and has ZERO crunch and ZERO flakes. Glad I was able to get it during that major sale.

Method:
  1. Wear hair in ponytail puff all day with Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee in.
  2. Remove ponytail band and section hair into 6 sections.
  3. Rinse sections in shower and stretch hair while rinsing.
  4. Apply Alikay Naturals Brulee Custard to ABSOLUTELY SOAKING WET HAIR SECTION (that was JUST drenched under the shower water) using the rake and smooth method. NOTE: Apply product lightly and not liberally nor heavy handedly, based on YT demo-ers' suggestion.
  5. Diffuse to dry.
I feel the only thing I'm missing is some sheen/shine . . . which perhaps broccoli seed oil will provide (can hardly wait for this to arrive in the mail so that I can try it!).

WP_20170719_032.jpg WP_20170719_025.jpg WP_20170719_071.jpg WP_20170719_080.jpg

VictoriousBrownFlower

Thanks, lady!

:lol: So, I looooooove the look, do not like the smell once diffused. I saw that you said you don't like those tiny pics, so this time I'll post the pics full size.

I will try this same method with Kinky Curly (the leave-in and gel). This stuff actually has me liking my 'fro! :smile: My hair is soft, defined, and has ZERO crunch and ZERO flakes. Glad I was able to get it during that major sale.

Method:
  1. Wear hair in ponytail puff all day with Qhemet Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee in.
  4. Apply Alikay Naturals Brulee Custard to ABSOLUTELY SOAKING WET HAIR SECTION (that was JUST drenched under the shower water) using the rake and smooth method. NOTE: Apply product lightly and not liberally nor heavy handedly, based on YT demo-ers' suggestion.
  5. Diffuse to dry.
I feel the only thing I'm missing is some sheen/shine . . . which perhaps broccoli seed oil will provide (can hardly wait for this to arrive in the mail so that I can try it!).

View attachment 405969 View attachment 405967 View attachment 405973 View attachment 405975
Super cute!!! Love the shape... Looks like you finally got your method down pact.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Thanks, lady!

Method:
  5. Diffuse to dry.

View attachment 405969 View attachment 405967 View attachment 405973 View attachment 405975
Very cute. Thanks for the big pictures:D. I was not able to get multiple day hair with the alikay naturals. Hopefully they work better for you.

Alma Petra

Thanks, lady!

Method:
  5. Diffuse to dry.

Your hair looks great, lovely :love:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
So . . .

I did the SAME method with the Kinky Curly gel and custard that I did with the Alikay Naturals custard.

I got a COMPLETELY different look: Very shrunken . . . undefined at the roots . . . etc. I'm currently banding it to see if I can stretch it a bit.

I know it was my technique (probably a little too much product, though I wasn't super heavy handed). However, I am going to bump Kinky Curly Curling Custard (gel) off of the repurchase list so that the only gel on the repurchase list is the Curl Maker. :up: : I just am not getting as good of results with the Kinky Curly products as I do with the Camille Rose Naturals Curl Maker . . . nor as consistently.

-----------------

On a positive note: Detangling in the shower with KCKT leave-in using the KareCo Tangle Buster was ah-mazing! Fast, easy, thorough . . . so little shed hair . . . no "sound" during detangling (if you know what I mean). :yep:

I'm trying to figure out if I should remove it from the repurchase list or not.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Why is my hair so bouncy and swingy when it's flat ironed so stiff when it's curly? I thought it was lack of moisture, but now I'm starting to think that may not be it.

I'm trying to figure out if I can ever get MOVEMENT with my wng's. Maybe I won't be able to until I get (much) more length, or maybe my hair just isn't the "has movement" type??? LOL. Either way, I'll see!

MilkChocolateOne

I'm trying to figure out if I can ever get MOVEMENT with my wng's. Maybe I won't be able to until I get (much) more length, or maybe my hair just isn't the "has movement" type??? LOL. Either way, I'll see!

Your hair looks similar to mine. I am 4a, fine strands (almost web like), normal density and cottony texture, a lot of shrinkage. I had hair longer than mid back length and it shrank to above my neck. My wash n gos will never have movement. My hair is not heavy enough and my individual strands are too delicate. If I want a successful wash n go I have to shingle with a gel like eco styler or wet look xtreme gel. Natural gels like curl magic or tgin curl bomb don't have enough weight for my strands and I end up with an afro. Wash n gos on hair longer than a twa aren't worth it for me. My twist/braid outs look better, last longer and take less time. I wear my hair straightened or stretched most of the time because the results are always predictable and I can go longer in between washes. I wash once a week. When I wear a wash n go I have to wet my hair at least every other day.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Your hair looks similar to mine. I am 4a, fine strands (almost web like), normal density and cottony texture, a lot of shrinkage. I had hair longer than mid back length and it shrank to above my neck. My wash n gos will never have movement. My hair is not heavy enough and my individual strands are too delicate. If I want a successful wash n go I have to shingle with a gel like eco styler or wet look xtreme gel. Natural gels like curl magic or tgin curl bomb don't have enough weight for my strands and I end up with an afro. Wash n gos on hair longer than a twa aren't worth it for me. My twist/braid outs look better, last longer and take less time. I wear my hair straightened or stretched most of the time because the results are always predictable and I can go longer in between washes. I wash once a week. When I wear a wash n go I have to wet my hair at least every other day.

I can't TELL you how helpful this post is!!!

:bighug:
Interesting!: I have been doing more twist outs lately, and I notice they do look better than (most of) my wash and go's.

What leave-ins have you paired with Wetline?

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Recent twist out compared to today's Wetline wash and go.

Hubby LOVED my hair during church this morning when it was still wet and hanging chin length all around. The fully dried Wetline wng has really pretty defined curls that the pictures don't capture.

WP_20170713_001.jpg WP_20170723_047.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20170713_004.jpg
    WP_20170713_004.jpg
    607.1 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_20170713_009.jpg
    WP_20170713_009.jpg
    604.1 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_20170723_031.jpg
    WP_20170723_031.jpg
    546 KB · Views: 31
  • WP_20170723_049.jpg