Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I don't know who recommended using crece pelo leave in along with gel but thank you!!!!!!!

i mixed crece pelo leave in and wet line xtreme gel and got the most fabulous results ever!

my hair looks even better the second day as it has more volume. It's also nice and touchable. I also like thats its much cheaper than my current stuff (its a ten) once I'm finished with those i think i will use this line and some ther dominican prducts much more frequently.

GettingKinky

Ok I'm trying again. I forgot to DC my hair last night but I still decide to try anyway.

This is my first time using KCKT and KCCC. Right now I like it, but it's still very wet. The real test will be when it's dry. Since my roots seem to be the main problem on one half of my head I put some gel on my roots relaxer style.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Sink wash and go is a no for me. I was too tired Friday night to finish my hair so I went to bed after rinsing out my DC. Instead of hopping in the shower to rewet my hair (was too lazy to do that too :lachen:), I used a spray bottle at the sink and just went with it.
Lesson learned: my hair (mainly my crown) needs to be completely soaked for styling. Right now, it's mostly an undefined mass of coils. It looks almost liked a picked out afro in my crown area. I'll rock it for now until I feel like running it under the shower and restyling it. That or I'll just pull it into a puff for the week.
Back with pics later...

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I got a sample of the HairRules Kinky Curling Cream because shipping was free and I've been hearing from the company for YEARS that it is THE PRODUCT for capturing your wet hair look.

Um . . . no. :lol:

And one of the ingredients is just terrible.

But I had to get the wondering out of my system, and it did not cost me much at all to mark it off of my list.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This is going to sound crazy and vain as heck.
Anyone else ever have an amazing wash and go, where its true glorious-ness just could not be captured on film? :lachen: On Friday, my WNG was fantastic live and in person, but every pic I tried to take was just meh.
I can't be the only one...

LOL!

All the time. You are not aloooooooone. I am here with youuuuuuuuuu . . .

:smile:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Y'all, can I post my milestone DIY flat twist-out to this thread since this is my styling home?

I did it, you guys!!! I've been learning/practicing for YEARS, and I FINALLY did it.

I added some of my DIY CurlyProverbz Ayurvedic Hair Growth Oil to some Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water "Style Setter" (mine is hard unlike the creamier-textured ones I'm seeing on YouTube) and used it as my styler. I installed 4 chunky flat-twists on each half of my head.

Here are the results:

WP_20170727_049 - Copy.jpg

GGsKin

I washed and thoroughly finger-detangled my hair yesterday. My strands (sheds and all) had starting entwining and fusing together so pulling each hair out of the clump, one by one was gruelling but a necessary evil in order not to cause breakage.

After fermented rice water rinse and diluted KCCC, this is Day 2. The roots at the back are still damp.Instasize_0731200945.jpg Instasize_0731200802.jpg

GettingKinky

Do you ladies only finger detangle in order to promote clumping? I normally use my Ouidad double detangle while I'm conditioning in the shower, but I wonder if I should stop.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Do you ladies only finger detangle in order to promote clumping? I normally use my Ouidad double detangle while I'm conditioning in the shower, but I wonder if I should stop.
You should experiment and see what works best for you. I use a wide toothed comb to detangle. I only do it in the shower with conditioner. I have exclusively finger detangled before with no ill effects.

ETA I don't like detangling with denman. I did purchase the kareco brush recently and it works nicely and I didn't lose a lot of hair.

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
It helps me maintain the clumps, especially if I am not using gel. Some gels can cause clumping on my ends, but not my roots, so I have to do the rake and define to encourage them to clump more. Others can get clumping from using a Denman brush (which I will never own because of that rubber base) or a Tangle Teezer. If you are doing only wash and goes right now, you will be able to tell after the first or second watering if it works for you.

GettingKinky

Unless I find that my hair is super tangled when I wash tomorrow, I may have found my new staple style for awhile- a low wash n go pony/puff with twists in the front. The wash n go is easy and with the twists in the front I don't have to slick down my edges and wear a scarf. And even if my wash n go comes out poorly it doesn't matter when it's pulled back in a puff.