Fall/Winter Wash n go challenge

YvetteWithJoy

On break
This morning I ate breakfast washed and styled my hair and got dressed in 15 minutes. :)

I applied my leave in and gel in 4 sections. I used a ton of each and it went really quickly.

I like the combo of KCKT and KCCC but next week I may try wet line again since it's so cheap.

I'm still not wearing my hair loose. Maybe when it gets longer and has more hang/less shrinkage.

I really like my hair on the first day. But since I only wash once I week I have to figure out a really quick mid week refresh.
View attachment 410255

Nice!!! And quick, too!!!

GettingKinky

My wash n go came out so well Saturday. I made a number of small tweaks and I have to figure out which one made the difference

1. I prepoo'd with the original AOWC instead of the current version. - I hope this isn't it since the original formula is no longer available
  2. I rewet each section before applying product
  3. I added the gel to each section directly after applying leave in
  4. I used a TON of gel
  5. I dried in ponytails

GettingKinky

I wonder if my wash n go is behaving because it is uncharacteristically humid. Where I live it's rarely humid, but it has been for the past week. I hope that's not why, since this is a rare occurance.

Alma Petra

thanks @Alma Petra. Shrinkage doesn't bother me. I've come to terms that my hair will probably never hang. I just mentioned because I know some like to have less shrinkage.
Wow to me your hair already hangs very nicely around your face. It's just that our hair invariably hangs much shorter than its actual length. So if straight hair elongates by about 0.5 inches per month, I have the feeling that my hair will elongate at a rate of 0. 5 inches per year!! I haven't yet tried them but I have to say that I don't have much hope for the so-called stretching methods neither.

NatrulyMe

The rules:

1. Must Wash and Go at least 1- 2 times a week.

2. Post pictures!

3. Share your regimen

4. Share new products,styles and techniques that you are using

5. If you would like post a starting picture please do so! We want the wash n go look while we grow healthy long tresses!

Our length reveal will be the first day of spring.

If you want some more rules please ask. This is going to be a real challenge for us what with the cold weather and everything.

Wow! :love4: I love seeing all of the wash n gos images everybody's posting. Therefore, I never been great at wash n gos and recently started wearing it since entering my awkward stage. I think I tried it once when I big chopped. It looked like a hot mess! :rofl:Anyways, I have tried using Cantu Coconut Curling Cream with Eco Styler Olive Oil, Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining Pudding & Curl Definer Styling Custard and Eden Bodyworks Natural Curl Defining Creme & Eco Style Black Castor & Flaxseed Oil gel. In addition, I always seal with my oil mix before using the gels and or custards. I never liked how flat my hair looked and the crunch and or stiffness (cast) of how my how felt. IDK?--Maybe I used too much products? I am thinking about trying the As I Am Curling Jelly. Here's a few images starting from a little after I big chopped and presently:

Last edited:

NatrulyMe

@NatrulyMe Very pretty hair and wngs you have! I don't use many products (often no leave-in) but I do use a lot of it:look:. I layer my gel on thick but I never get any crunch diluting my bae (kinky curly curling custard). Something acidic (usually water with a little steeped hibiscus) helps for my hair.

Aww,:thankyou: I am trying. lol You all wash n gos looks yummy. Recently, I have been experimenting with products. I am trying to see what my hair likes and dislikes. Also, stop my hair from looking dry and frizzy. Though I am afraid that I cannot do much with the frizz. :nono: Next, I will try Kinky Curly Curling Custard. Ugh, I should've bought it when I purchased the Kinky Curly Knot Today leave-in. :pyro:Instead, I got the As I Am Jelly. :nuts:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Wow! :love4: I love seeing all of the wash n gos images everybody's posting. Therefore, I never been great at wash n gos and recently started wearing it since entering my awkward stage. I think I tried it once when I big chopped. It looked like a hot mess! :rofl:Anyways, I have tried using Cantu Coconut Curling Cream with Eco Styler Olive Oil, Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining Pudding & Curl Definer Styling Custard and Eden Bodyworks Natural Curl Defining Creme & Eco Style Black Castor & Flaxseed Oil gel. In addition, I always seal with my oil mix before using the gels and or custards. I never liked how flat my hair looked and the crunch and or stiffness (cast) of how my how felt. IDK?--Maybe I used too much products? I am thinking about trying the As I Am Curling Jelly. Here's a few images starting from a little after I big chopped and presently:

Very pretty!

When you get the Kinky Curly Curling Custard, experiment with it for awhile. Don't give up on it too soon. It has a small but definite learning curve.

I have found that it ONLY wants to be paired with Kinky Curly Knot Today.

NatrulyMe

Very pretty!

When you get the Kinky Curly Curling Custard, experiment with it for awhile. Don't give up on it too soon. It has a small but definite learning curve.

I have found that it ONLY wants to be paired with Kinky Curly Knot Today.

Good morning, ladies. :coffee2:

Thank you. I purchased the Kinky Curly Curling Custard online last night (after I read AbsyBlvd post). :woot:I wished I would've took a chance on it before buying the As I Am Jelly (from my local Walmart). Oh, well... It won't go to waste! BTW, I have the Kinky-Curly Knot Today leave-in already.

I will try not to be so heavy handed when using it. I read some place online that a little goes a long way... Hm, I will see.

NatrulyMe

:welcome4: @NatrulyMe your hair is very pretty. You don't need a bunch of products. I use a leave in and a gel to style. Kckt and kccc go perfectly together. It works best on soaking wet hair so keep a spray bottle handy. I am heavy handed with products I like having full coverage and I think it cuts down on frizz.

:thankyou:

Agreed. I've never been a product junky until recently.:saythat: LOL

Seriously. I have been looking for a staple gel and or custard. I almost forgot about USING the same product line. My hair hates the crunch and stiffness. I am always fighting to keep it moist (along balancing a protein treatment/ deep condition). I appreciate you all suggestions.

Last edited:

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
I know this isn't a popular sentiment but I'm looking forward to shrinkage. I like the fact that I could have shoulder length natural hair but be a stretched APL, which is the longest I will ever want to grow my hair. This allows me the variety that I love when styling my hair.
You are not alone. Shrinkage keeps my hair out of my way and gives me the illusion of thickness.

NatrulyMe

Good morning, ladies. :yawn:
I shampooed, tea rinsed and deep conditioned my hair last night. This morning, I did a wash n go with the As I Am Jelly. It came out better than any of my wash n gos (no stiffness). It is about 95% dry and my hair hasn't finish shrinking. Yet, its a lot less frizzy than my usual wash n gos and it actually shines.:coffee:

Last edited:

GettingKinky

For 2 weeks in a row I've really liked my wash n go results. I have great definition and even a little swing. :) I think in addition to the kinky curly products the key is that I spray my hair so it's really wet before I apply my products.

Attachments

• IMG_8962.JPG
    IMG_8962.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 43